Real or SNL Parody Political Campaigns

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Real or SNL Parody Political Campaigns

Post by The Sybian »

Nothing better than low budget campaign ads. Here is Paul Nehlen, Republican Primary challenger aiming for Paul Ryan. Business Man, Harley riding tough guy, and a MOLON LABE tattoo (Greek for "Come and take them). This is great, a bunch of mini-Trumps popping up all over. The comments are great, people are all over this guy's dick knowing nothing about him beyond this video. I want to make a movie about a far Left guy running as a Republican for Congress in a backwards hick district in Alabama or something, making commercials like this, but never stating a single substantive comment. Get into Congress, switch parties, and govern far left. Hell, maybe not even switch parties, would his constituents even know how he votes?

An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
duff
Donny

Re: Real or SNL Parody Political Campaigns

Post by duff »

Big fine coming for taking off his safety glasses while production was running. For being a business owner, that is just some stupid shit right there.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I actually know a few people who live in Ryan's district and it's obvious very right-leaning, but it is Wisconsin and I don't think it's "TRUMP IS TEH BEST!" right-leaning enough where he's in danger of losing his primary.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Not to mention, it would be shortsighted for a district to get rid of their Speaker of the House representative.
Totally Kafkaesque
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Shirley wrote:Not to mention, it would be shortsighted for a district to get rid of their Speaker of the House representative.
Eric Cantor's district got rid of him two years ago and he was House Majority Leader. It's not unprecedented. But I don't see it happening.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Shirley wrote:Not to mention, it would be shortsighted for a district to get rid of their Speaker of the House representative.
Happened to Tom Foley in 1994...
However, in Foley's bid for a 16th term in the House, his Republican opponent, George Nethercutt, used the issue against him, properly citing the caption of the federal case brought by Foley, "Foley against the People of the State of Washington". Nethercutt vowed that if elected, he would not serve more than three terms in the House (but ultimately served for five terms). Foley lost in a narrow race. While Foley had usually relied on large margins in Spokane to carry him to victory, in 1994 he won Spokane by only 9,000 votes, while Nethercutt did well enough in the rest of the district to win overall by just under 4,000 votes.

Foley became the first sitting Speaker of the House to lose his bid for re-election since Galusha A. Grow in 1862. He is sometimes viewed as a political casualty of the term limits controversy of the early 1990s. President Bill Clinton attributed his defeat to his support for the Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994.[5]
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Happened to Tom Foley in 1994...
However, in Foley's bid for a 16th term in the House, his Republican opponent, George Nethercutt, used the issue against him, properly citing the caption of the federal case brought by Foley, "Foley against the People of the State of Washington". Nethercutt vowed that if elected, he would not serve more than three terms in the House (but ultimately served for five terms). Foley lost in a narrow race. While Foley had usually relied on large margins in Spokane to carry him to victory, in 1994 he won Spokane by only 9,000 votes, while Nethercutt did well enough in the rest of the district to win overall by just under 4,000 votes.

Foley became the first sitting Speaker of the House to lose his bid for re-election since Galusha A. Grow in 1862. He is sometimes viewed as a political casualty of the term limits controversy of the early 1990s. President Bill Clinton attributed his defeat to his support for the Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994.[5]
Foley was defeated in the general election, not the primary. I think it's a much bigger deal for the sitting Speaker to lose out in the primary. It's hilarious how Boehner and Ryan were so revered and now considered evil Leftists. What does a Congressman have to do to avoid the "RINO" tag from TeaParty types?
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Back to that guy in the video, I wonder if he thinks all the testosterone he is showing off will draw a large number of votes. In a conservative district, I'd guess it turns off as many voters as it turns on.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

sancarlos wrote:Back to that guy in the video, I wonder if he thinks all the testosterone he is showing off will draw a large number of votes. In a conservative district, I'd guess it turns off as many voters as it turns on.
You think that because you're such a big pussy.
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote:Back to that guy in the video, I wonder if he thinks all the testosterone he is showing off will draw a large number of votes. In a conservative district, I'd guess it turns off as many voters as it turns on.
Maybe, but once he challenged Ryan to an arm wrestling contest, he won over everyone! Made even funnier with his scrawny horribly tattooed arms.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

This is the guy Palin endorsed, no?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote:This is the guy Palin endorsed, no?
Yep.
-Pruitt
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

The Sybian wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:This is the guy Palin endorsed, no?
Yep.
Worked for Trump.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."