New Sports Cable Channels

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Keg
The Big Lebowski

New Sports Cable Channels

Post by Keg »

My DirecTV bill went up about $10 last month, and I expect that to go up once the CBS, NBC and FOX sports channels really get going. I'd be super pissed if I didnt like sports at all. Do any of you watch NBC or CBS Sports? Do you recommend any shows? I'd like to start getting more bang for my buck and put these channels on my regular rotation. Fox Sports 1 sounds promising, but these other channels have been pretty worthless thus far, IMO.
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
Sabo
The Dude

Re: New Sports Cable Channels

Post by Sabo »

I watch the hockey coverage on NBC Sports Network, and they occasionally have boxing on, but that's about it for that channel.

I admit I've watched more of the Universal Sports Network channel than I expected, mostly because they've been airing a lot of winter olympics sports, like luge, bobsled and skiing. I really wish they'd make it an HD channel, though.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I like NBC sports for the hockey, golf, and cycling. Plus, they picked up soccer for next year.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Burglar
Jackie Treehorn

Post by The Burglar »

NBC Sports also has IndyCar and F1 now too.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

I don't like the cable business. The fact that because NBC sports overbid for EPL next year my cable bill is going to go up (same as when the NFL got ESPN to increase the cable bill for Monday Night/Sunday Night football) just angers me. I really want ala carte cable, I don't want to pay for MTV3, Military Channel, E-TV, BET, Lifetime, TruTV, etc. However, I do like the fact that my ESPN viewing is subsidized by blue haired old ladies who only want golden girls reruns. Tough to say if my bill would be higher or lower, but i would get more channels I care about (but less channels overall)
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Still looking for a channel to host my first annual Distance Ejaculation World Championship event.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
temporassy
Jackie Treehorn

Post by temporassy »

ESPNgggghhhhhaaahhh....
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

O'Toole was on Dan Patrick's show yesterday and did not hold anything back. Really entertaining interview.
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

Can't remember the last time I watched CBS or NBC sports (maybe it was an A10 or MWC game? or a random Saturday afternoon boxing match?). Definitely not worth the price increase to me.

I do watch Fox Sports for baseball, UFC fights (live and reruns), Ultimate Fighter, boxing and hot blonde anchors.

I am also enjoying the new SVP SportsCenter. I usually have it on while multi-tasking, so I am not paying close attention, but I like that it is heavy on highlights.
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

NBC sports for EPl but that's it. FS1 had a couple of UK games on last season but not this year that I can recall.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

NBC Sports is one of the go-to channels for me for hockey games. I don't pay to get Center Ice, so I value it.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

sancarlos wrote:NBC Sports is one of the go-to channels for me for hockey games. I don't pay to get Center Ice, so I value it.
NBC Sports is great for the EPL coverage, and the Men In Blazers show, but that's about it (car auctions? Really?).

FS1 has the occasional USMNT games, but that's about all I'll watch on it.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
sancarlos wrote:NBC Sports is one of the go-to channels for me for hockey games. I don't pay to get Center Ice, so I value it.
NBC Sports is great for the EPL coverage, and the Men In Blazers show, but that's about it (car auctions? Really?).

FS1 also shows some Champions League and FA Cup games. They also have Arsenal World, and last week they showed the Arsenal v. Southampton game that NBCSports didn't air.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:

last week they showed the Arsenal v. Southampton game that NBCSports didn't air.
Huh? NBC has the exclusive rights to the PL. Or so I thought. If it wasn't on NBCSN, it should have been on the extra time channel.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

NBCSports is my fave. I wish they had a Sportscenter like show for the sports that I follow (and they cover). NHL and the EPL? Yes, please. Tour de France in the summer? Giddy up.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Was arse so to a fa cup game?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

govmentchedda wrote:NBCSports is my fave. I wish they had a Sportscenter like show for the sports that I follow (and they cover). NHL and the EPL? Yes, please. Tour de France in the summer? Giddy up.
I hate Sportscenter now. Its basically unwatchable. I just want highlights, and I get crap like 2 talking heads yammering back and forth about something, or vine videos, or stupid bits (on the SVP sportscenter) like "Bad Beats" (who cares?) or pictures of bald guys with glasses out in the world. And who is the schlub that he brings out to sit at the desk with him? Makes no sense.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
govmentchedda wrote:NBCSports is my fave. I wish they had a Sportscenter like show for the sports that I follow (and they cover). NHL and the EPL? Yes, please. Tour de France in the summer? Giddy up.
I hate Sportscenter now. Its basically unwatchable. I just want highlights, and I get crap like 2 talking heads yammering back and forth about something, or vine videos, or stupid bits (on the SVP sportscenter) like "Bad Beats" (who cares?) or pictures of bald guys with glasses out in the world. And who is the schlub that he brings out to sit at the desk with him? Makes no sense.
I find the sport-specific channels best for that these days.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto