Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Woods y'all

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Woods y'all

Post by brian »

There’s a lot of people that drive like that all the time and seldom get pulled over. They’re assholes. When they do finally get pulled over they’re usually enormous dicks about being punished for breaking the law.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

bapo! wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:19 pm I figured this would be a good week to read Hank Haney's book, 'The Big Miss' (2012), about his time as Woods' swing coach from 2004-2010.

Have any of you golf guys read it? There's a lot of technical stuff in here that you might find interesting. (I can vaguely visualize some of his concepts, but they don't really mean anything to me.) But the personal details about Woods are fun.

It reminds me of Jeff Benedict and Armen Keteyian's 2018 bio of Woods. (Highly recommended. One of the most readable sports bios I've ever read.) Makes me think a lot less of him as a human being, but I have an even greater appreciation of him as an athlete now.

All of the Navy SEAL and heavy-weightlifting stuff is detailed in Haney's book. I'm surprised this didn't cause more of a stir when it was published. I never heard about it until Wright Thompson's article in 2016.

Here's the most relevant paragraph for this week:
I never sensed that Tiger wanted to be treated like a king. He never had a big entourage. He never bragged about what he’d won or how much money he had. Tiger didn’t big-time. The most entitled I ever saw him act was when he drove around Orlando. It wasn’t that he favored fast cars. He owned a McLaren and a Porsche that were basically race cars, but they stayed in the garage from what I could tell. Mostly he just drove his Escalade, but in a way that reflected an impatient guy who wasn’t going to follow the silly rules of regular schlubs. He’d go over the speed limit, but not by a lot. Mostly it was rolling stops, turns over double lines, parking in a restricted spot—time-saving stuff he thought was worth the risk. When I was in the passenger seat, sometimes I’d say “Nice” after one of his illegal moves. That would draw a smile from Tiger as he enjoyed the rare feeling of breaking rules. But I never saw him get a ticket or even get pulled over.
I can appreciate the rolling stop so long as you have a view of the entire intersection. Turns over double lines are horse shit though. That's the driver with no fucks to give about anyone else.
Noli Timere Messorem
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

THe parking in restricted spots offends me. People who illegally park in handicapped spots are scumbags.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

sancarlos wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:03 pm THe parking in restricted spots offends me. People who illegally park in handicapped spots are scumbags.
I’m with sc here.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Yeah, if you assume the restricted parking includes handicapped (justified in thinking this of course) then that as well. Cutting people off by denying them several feet of space in which to stop/control your car is still, horrible.
Noli Timere Messorem
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Going to be out there playing in the PNC with his son next week.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Back spasms on day 2 of his first event of the year
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I'm watching the coverage right now, and they seem to be saying it was just the flu? Big difference between a physical problem and just feeling like crap.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Damn, now they're saying he spent some time in the ambulance. Getting old is a bitch. I remember the first time I got dehydrated from something other than the Irish Flu, it scared the crap out of me.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Seriously....why is he still playing at all? His body is broken...he's not competitive in tournaments any more. Why doesn't he just retire and get on with his life?