Football Signing Day

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Football Signing Day

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Terps are having a nice day
#7 Ranked Running back signing is a surprise (decommit from Clemson)
Kept a set of linemen twins who visited Florida this week
Got a VT-commit WR to flip.

Could be the best class in school history. B1G is a tough league but Durkin making some progress.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Re: Football Signing Day

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I've said this before (on this board), there's no reason MD shouldn't be a MUCH better football school, particularly now that it's playing in the B1G. Their division is tough, but...

There is no other D1 school in the state (Navy doesn't count.) The closest potential recruit rivals are UVa, PSU, VT and WVU. The amount of talent that comes out of MD, northern VA, PA and NJ... There's tons of players in the 3* and 4* that they should be landing.

I liked the Durkin hire, because I think he brings an energy to the recruiting that has been lacking since Franklin left.

I'm not a MD football fan, but we need them and Rutgers to stop sucking so hard.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Rivals has Maryland at #15 (but that is behind Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State).
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nonlinear FC wrote:I'm not a MD football fan, but we need them and Rutgers to stop sucking so hard.
The northeast couldn't give a relative fraction of a shit about college football.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

MI landed Aubrey Solomon today... That is a gigantic signing for them. MI hasn't reached OSU levels (who haven't quite reached AL levels), but they are now consistently sitting in the #5 or #6 slot. A few more years of this and Harbaugh should have the tools necessary to be at least on level with the 2 deep chart with Meyer.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote:
Nonlinear FC wrote:I'm not a MD football fan, but we need them and Rutgers to stop sucking so hard.
The northeast couldn't give a relative fraction of a shit about college football.
1) MD is not in the northeast.
2) I agree.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Cordarrian Richardson changed his mind again. Committed yesterday to the Terps but pulled it today and signed with Central Florida.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Adams State (Alamosa, CO) became the first Division II football program to sign a woman to a scholarship letter-of-intent.

Yes, she's a kicker.

Trivia that may only be of interest to Pruitt and me: 1960s/1970s Cleveland Brown kicker Don Cockroft also attended Adams State.
Last edited by sancarlos on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Not sure where to put this, but it needs to be seen.

THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote:Adams State (Alamosa, CO) became the first Division II football program to sign a woman to a scholarship letter-of-intent.

Yes, she's a kicker.

Trivia that may only be of interest to Pruitt and me: 1960s Cleveland Brown kicker Don Cockroft also attended Adams State.
Is this guy still there?

well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

This is just stupid. Coaches in all of these sports can't help themselves. Verbal's don't mean a whole lot but the fact that this concept exists probably means the NCAA needs to put some better controls in.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... den-martin