Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Week 8

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 8 UPDATE

Fighting Hosers Get Road Win, 8-5
The Ajax Fighting Hosers beat the Burlington Sports Frogs, 8-5, at Green Mountain Grounds. Ajax first baseman Ricardo Martinez earned player of the game honors with an outstanding performance. He went 4-5 with a double and 3 singles. Ajax reliever Bryan McCoy was the winner. His record is now 2-0. Sabo took the loss. Jorge Huerta earned his 12th save in 14 tries.

The Fighting Hosers got a big at-bat from second baseman Brad McPharlin. For the game, McPharlin went 1-5 with a double. He drove in 3 runs and scored once. In the top of the fourth, with the bases loaded, he stroked a bases-clearing double. His 16th double of the season gave Ajax a 4-2 lead.

"We'll grab a cold one tonight and go after another win tomorrow," Martinez said.

The Fighting Hosers bumped their record to 26-21 with this latest triumph.

Tellez goes 3-for-4 in Fighting Hosers Win
The rain at Green Mountain Grounds did not keep Ajax and Burlington from finishing their game.

The Ajax Fighting Hosers bested the Burlington Sports Frogs, 6-1, at Green Mountain Grounds. Guadalupe Tellez was named player of the game. He was 3 for 4 with a home run and 2 singles. He scored 2 runs and drove in 3. The Fighting Hosers bumped their record to 27-21 with this latest triumph.

Tellez had a key at-bat for Ajax early in the game. With a runner on 2nd, he hit a 2-run home run. It was his 8th home run of the season and gave Ajax an early 2-0 lead.

"You can't take yourself too seriously," Tellez told the Ajax Chronicle. "But at the end of the day, we do play to win ballgames."

Sports Frogs Win Thriller, 2-1
The Burlington Sports Frogs topped the Ajax Fighting Hosers, 2-1, in Bensell Conference action at Green Mountain Grounds. The player of the game was Burlington pitcher Brian. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 29-19 with this latest triumph.

bapo! was the walk-off hero for Burlington. With the game tied in the bottom of the ninth inning, the Sports Frogs left fielder hit a dramatic run-scoring single to send the teams home.

"Throwing strikes was the main thing," Brian said.

Walker Now 5-4 After Subduing Sports Frogs
The Ajax Fighting Hosers picked up a win at Green Mountain Grounds, knocking off the Burlington Sports Frogs, 5-1. Starting pitcher John Walker played a key role in the triumph. The Fighting Hosers bumped their record to 28-22 with this latest triumph.

Walker subdued the Burlington offense. The Ajax right-hander allowed a mere 2 hits over 8 innings, while fanning 9. His season record goes to 5-4 with the win.

Walker called winning a team effort. "It's not the same guy every time," he said. "It's the sum of the parts."

Victory Over Asses Takes Burlington to 30-20
The Burlington Sports Frogs racked up a win at Islanders Ballpark, bumping off the Manassas Asses, 4-2. TT2.0, who started for Burlington, pitched effectively for his team. Shirley sewed up the save, his 1st. Burlington goes to 30-20. The win puts them 4½ games up in their division.

It could have been a different outcome for Burlington, had it not been for bapo!, the 30-year old left fielder. bapo! contributed a 2-run single in the top of the second inning to put Burlington up, 2-0.

"At the end of the day, it's always about your starting pitcher," said Burlington skipper Johnny Carwash.

Victory Over Asses Takes Burlington to 31-20
A nice crowd turned out to see the Burlington Sports Frogs and Manassas Asses clash at Islanders Ballpark.

Burlington right-hander Sabo made an effective start against the Manassas Asses at Islanders Ballpark, leading his team to a 7-2 win. The winning pitcher was Sabo, now 6-3. He tossed 7 innings of 4-hit ball, while walking 4 and fanning 4.

In the top of the second, Gunpowder hit a 2-run home run for Burlington. The 3rd home run of the season for the Burlington right fielder put the Sports Frogs on top, 2-0.

"I'm just happy to help the team win," Sabo told the Burlington Observer.

The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 31-20 with this latest triumph.

Sports Frogs Get Road Win, 6-5
Burlington first baseman BigFatJew made his presence felt in the 6-5 Sports Frogs triumph over the Manassas Asses. BigFatJew went 1 for 2 with a home run and a walk, while adding 2 RBI and scoring once. Shirley closed the door for Burlington, picking up his 2nd save of the year. The second-place Asses have lost 4 straight games.

The Sports Frogs used some clutch hitting to beat the Asses, a good example being the at-bat of Mister D in the top of the sixth. With two down, Mister D gave his team the lead, 6-4, when he hit a 2-run home run.

"It wasn't our best performance," said Mister D, "but a win in this league is nothing to sniff at."
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- P.D.X. will be coming off the disabled list this next week. I decided to demote Giff to make room, as he had the next-highest number of votes from last week's poll and is the closest match positionally.

- Got a couple more messages from players asking for contract extensions:
  • Shirley would like $1.6M/year for 4 years.
    sancarlos would like $1.6M/year for 3 years.
- The game lets managers submit a ballot for the All-Star starters. So, should I vote for players from around the league in good faith based on merit, or shamelessly fill the ballot with our own team's guys? I thought of putting this up to a poll, but the answer seems self-evident.

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats have vaulted back into the division lead at 28-19. Rams Fanny, who was emerging as possibly the team's best hitter, unfortunately suffered a broken foot and will be out for 4-5 weeks. The newly-demoted Rush immediately becomes the ace of the staff, and GoodKarma takes over the 2B job. Here's how our Swampers are doing:

Rams Fanny: .315/.402/.494, 7 HR, .896 OPS
GoodKarma: .364/.417/.364, 0 HR, .780 OPS
Rush2112: 1-0, 4.09 ERA, 1.73 WHIP

I hadn't checked earlier, but our AA Saint-Lambert Maroons have somehow started off with an abysmal record of 11-30. I'll have to see about instituting a strip-club curfew.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

So after dropping 3 of 4 to Ajax, we rebounded nicely with a three-game sweep of Manassas. Two months into the season, we've built a solid lead, largely because none of our division rivals have emerged as better than a .500 team at this point. Plenty of time for that to change.

Next up is a week-long road trip to the Great White North, first with three games against the Halifax Machines, and then three against the Regina Monologues.

5/29 @ HAL - Brian
5/30 @ HAL - DSafe
5/31 @ HAL - TT
6/2 @ REG - Sabo
6/3 @ REG - Degen
6/4 @ REG - Brian

Stay tuned...
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I laugh every Friday over the Regina Monologues name.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

And our magic number is down to 107!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I'm rather in awe of wlu_lax's stats. It makes up for how annoying he is when he starts showing lacrosse highlights to everyone in the clubhouse.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Pruitt wrote:And our magic number is down to 107!
I won't hold my breath for Chris L to start doing this for the Frogs
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Skip, while I don't know how the schedule lays out after next week, if there is an opportunity to skip me in the rotation without screwing things up for the boys, it would probably be good for the team. I have some stuff to work out.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Anyone else think current month stats would be a lot more relevant than YTD?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

That shortstop has a lot of nerve asking for a contract extension. He needs to get his ass in gear and start hitting.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I'm just happy to help the team in any way possible. Good lord willin' I'll be able to come through again for the Frogs.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Week 9

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 9 UPDATE

Machines Jolt Sports Frogs with Late Rally
The Halifax Machines beat the Burlington Sports Frogs, 8-5, at Spelunkers Stadium. Halifax second baseman Ernesto Martinez earned player of the game honors with an outstanding performance. He was 1-2 with a home run and 2 walks. He drove in 4 runs and scored once. The Machines bumped their record to 31-21 with this latest triumph.

Martinez had a game-changing home run in the bottom of the ninth. On a 2-0 fastball from Shirley, he banged a 3-run home run to right, giving the Machines a 8-5 lead. It was the 10th home run of the year for Martinez.

"This joint was rocking," said Martinez.

Victory Pushes Machines Record to 32-21
Halifax rode a fine outing from starter Tom Nowak to victory over the Burlington Sports Frogs at Spelunkers Stadium. The final score was 5-1. In 6 innings, Nowak surrendered 5 hits, while striking out 6 and walking 2. He allowed 1 run. The Machines bumped their record to 32-21 with this latest triumph.

Tony Ramos drew 1 walk for Halifax. The 26-year old left fielder had a key at-bat in the bottom of the fifth. With one out and the bases loaded, he broke a 1-1 tie with a run-scoring sacrifice fly off DSafetyGuy. It was his 32nd RBI of the season.

Ramos called the win "a collective effort."

Sports Frogs Bridle Machines, 3-1
Burlington Sports Frogs starter TT2.0 turned in a top-notch performance against the Halifax Machines at Spelunkers Stadium. The result was a win for the Sports Frogs, 3-1. Burlington leads the Bensell Conference Northeast Division by 5 games.

The Sports Frogs got a big at-bat from shortstop sancarlos. For the game, sancarlos was 1-4 with a home run. He drove in 3 runs and scored once. In the top of the seventh, with runners on 1st and 3rd, he stroked a 3-run home run. His 1st home run of the season gave Burlington a 3-0 lead.

sancarlos attributed the win to "energy and focus on the part of everyone."

Victory Pushes Sports Frogs Record to 34-22
The Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Regina Monologues, 4-1, at Portland Grounds. Burlington catcher rass was named player of the game for his superb performance. He went 3 for 4 with a home run, 2 singles, and a walk. He drove in 2 runs and scored once. Shirley converted his 4th save in 5 tries. Burlington leads the Bensell Conference Northeast Division by 6 games.

Burlington grabbed the momentum in the top of the fifth, when rass hit a run-scoring single. His 30th hit of the season put the Sports Frogs out in front, 2-1.

"It takes a lot of things to win a ballgame," said Burlington manager Johnny Carwash. "It's usually not just one thing."

Multi-HR Day for Pruitt as Sports Frogs Overpower Monologues, 7-5
Burlington third baseman Pruitt was a significant contributor in his team's 7-5 triumph over the Regina Monologues. He was 3-5 with 2 home runs and a double, while adding 5 RBI and scoring twice for Burlington. Burlington has now won 3 in a row.

Pruitt had a game-changing double in the top of the seventh. On a first pitch slider from Jesus Romero, he banged a run-scoring double to left-center, giving the Sports Frogs a 4-3 lead. It was the 9th double of the year for Pruitt.

"Our guys are never satisfied," said Burlington manager Johnny Carwash.

Brian Dazzles in Burlington Win
Burlington Sports Frogs starter Brian turned in an exceptional performance against the Regina Monologues at Portland Grounds, resulting in a Burlington win, 6-0. Burlington is now 36-22, 7 games up in the Bensell Conference Northeast Division.

Brian, now 4-2, scattered 5 hits over 8.1 innings for the Sports Frogs.

"Getting ahead of the hitters was the key," said Brian.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- Despite our strong division-leading performance, our bench coach offered this troubling report on the team's chemistry:
- The amateur draft was held this past week. Our first-round selection was LHP Jason Whalen of UNLV, a native of Swansea, Mass. He gets a signing bonus of $1.1M.

- EnochRoot suffered a hamstring injury and will be day-to-day for 5 days.

- Bronto will finally be coming off the DL in one more week. Still making up my mind who I'll have to demote to open a spot for him.

- A look at the All-Star voting shows that wlu_lax and Pruitt both lead the conference in votes at their positions.

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats continue to lead their division at 33-22, helped by the return of Giff. Here's how our Swampers are doing:

Rams Fanny: .315/.402/.494, 7 HR, .896 OPS (on DL)
GoodKarma: .189/.400/.216, 0 HR, .616 OPS
Giff: .336/.402/.563, 6 HR, .965 OPS
Rush2112: 1-0, 3.07 ERA, 1.43 WHIP
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

We continue to maintain a strong lead in our division, due in large part to the mediocrity of our rivals.

Next week will start with a challenge as we face the Wilmington Creditors, owners of the best record in the league. Following that will be a four-game series against the bottom-dwelling Saint John Mooseheads, including a doubleheader.

6/6 vs WIL - DSafe
6/7 vs WIL - TT
6/8 vs WIL - Sabo
6/9 vs STJ - Degen
6/10 vs STJ - Brian
6/10 vs STJ - DSafe
6/11 vs STJ - TT

Stay tuned...
tennbengal
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Week 9 - "Our guys are never satisfied"

Post by tennbengal »

The key to all this is clearly my rock steady set-up work. You all are welcome.
rass
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Week 9 - "Our guys are never satisfied"

Post by rass »

Not only can I not get regular playing time, but the one time I do get a start and have a breakout game my manager steals the spotlight in the postgame interviews. Nice.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Our pitchers walk a shitload of people
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ryan wrote:Our pitchers walk a shitload of people
Not ALL of our pitchers.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Damn right.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

for our magic number I went with JHU Alum and maybe one of the only millionaire professional lacrosse players.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

When I face Jesus Romero, you'd better believe it's personal.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

wlu_lax6 wrote:for our magic number I went with JHU Alum and maybe one of the only millionaire professional lacrosse players.
He is a TREMENDOUS douchebag.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Week 10 - "We looked pretty good up and down"

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Sports Frogs Lose 6-3 Decision to Creditors
Wilmington Creditors starter Matt Michael was definitely locked-in. He led his team to a win over the Burlington Sports Frogs, 6-3. The Creditors have an impressive 38-19 record.

In the top of the first, Mike Scott hit a 3-run home run for Wilmington. The 4th home run of the season for the Wilmington left fielder put the Creditors on top, 3-0.

"This is a very good team," said Scott. "We have the chance to do something special."

Rodriguez Helps Creditors Run Win Streak to 3
Wilmington right fielder Diego Rodriguez had a 5-RBI performance, which helped his team grab a 10-4 win over the Burlington Sports Frogs. Mike Kozlowski was the winner. Over 6 innings, he allowed 2 runs on 10 hits, with no walks and 2 strikeouts. The Creditors own a robust 39-19 mark.

In the top of the first, Mike Scott hit a 2-run home run for Wilmington. The 5th home run of the season for the Wilmington left fielder put the Creditors on top, 2-0.

"We'll enjoy this win," said Scott. "But there's more we hope to accomplish."

Sports Frogs Lose to Creditors, 3-1
Wilmington pitcher Adam Turley did his part in helping his team beat the Burlington Sports Frogs, 3-1. The right-hander kept opposing batters in check throughout the game. Chris Angermeier converted his 21st save in 23 tries. Wilmington leads the Bensell Conference Mid-Atlantic Division by 9½ games.

In the top of the first, Miguel Rivera hit a solo home run for Wilmington. The 16th home run of the season for the Wilmington first baseman put the Creditors on top, 1-0.

"The vibe's good," said Wilmington manager Aaron Green. "We've got to keep it going."

Mooseheads Lose, 6-5, at Green Mountain Grounds
The Saint John Mooseheads and Burlington Sports Frogs provided some drama at Green Mountain Grounds.

The Burlington Sports Frogs dealt the Saint John Mooseheads a 6-5 loss at Green Mountain Grounds. Gunpowder was the star on offense. He was 2-4 with 2 home runs. Burlington reliever HaulCitgo was the winner. His record is now 2-0. The losing pitcher was German Mesa. Shirley was credited with the save. He has now successfully converted 6 of 7 save opportunities.

wlu_lax had a big 2-run single for the Sports Frogs in the bottom of the fourth inning. With Burlington leading 2-1 and the bases loaded, he got a cutter from Ron Lovelass and stroked the single to left. It was his 74th hit of the season, and more importantly, it put the Sports Frogs ahead, 4-1.

"We found a way to get it done," wlu_lax said.

The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 37-25 with this latest triumph.

Mooseheads Roll to 8-1 Win Over Sports Frogs
The Saint John Mooseheads defeated the Burlington Sports Frogs, 8-1, in Bensell Conference action at Green Mountain Grounds, with Saint John pitcher Tom Hale named player of the game. The Mooseheads saw their win-loss record go to 23-39. At the same time, the Sports Frogs fell to 37-26.

It could have been a different outcome for Saint John, had it not been for John Gonzalez, the 31-year old center fielder. Gonzalez contributed a solo home run in the top of the fourth inning to put Saint John up, 3-1.

"We looked pretty good up and down," said Saint John manager Phil Cushing.

Mooseheads Lose, 7-2, at Green Mountain Grounds
The Burlington Sports Frogs topped the Saint John Mooseheads by the score of 7-2, with the largest share of the credit going to third baseman Pruitt. Pruitt was 1 for 3 with a home run and a walk, while adding 4 RBI and scoring once for the Sports Frogs. Shirley notched his 7th save in 8 chances. Burlington improves to 38-26 with the win. They lead their division by 5½ games.

Pruitt had a game-changing home run in the bottom of the seventh. On a 2-2 fastball from Jason Burr, he banged a grand slam home run to left, giving the Sports Frogs a 5-2 lead. It was the 21st home run of the year for Pruitt.

"I just try to see the ball and put a good swing on it," said Pruitt.

Sports Frogs Turn Back Saint John, 5-3
The Burlington Sports Frogs bested the Saint John Mooseheads by a score of 5-3, with second baseman wlu_lax getting the main credit. On the day, wlu_lax was 1-1 with a home run, 2 walks, and was hit by a pitch, while scoring 2 runs and driving in 2 for the Sports Frogs. The winner was L-Jam in relief. His record improves to 1-3. Josh Cloutier took the loss. Burlington goes to 39-26. The win puts them 6½ games up in their division.

One important at-bat came with the bases loaded in the bottom of the sixth inning. Facing Saint John hurler Chris Musser, EnochRoot reached on an error by the center fielder, driving in 1 run. The Sports Frogs went on to win.

wlu_lax told a Burlington Observer reporter that he was "satisfied" with the win.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Week 10 - "We looked pretty good up and down"

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- Bronto will be coming off the DL this week. It was a tough decision, but I'm going to send Gunpowder back down to the minors since we had kind of a logjam at the corner OF spots. As always, there should be plenty more opportunities for promotion.

- So far this season, we have a better record on the road (20-10) than at home (19-16).

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats continue to lead their division at 35-25. Here's how our Swampers are doing:

GoodKarma: .259/.411/.310, 0 HR, .721 OPS
Giff: .312/.378/.539, 6 HR, .917 OPS
Rush2112: 2-0, 2.49 ERA, 1.25 WHIP
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

We had been pretty overdue for a sub-par week, and it finally happened as we started off getting swept by Wilmington. We did manage to finish on a stronger note, taking three of four from Saint John. Despite the missteps, we only ended up losing a half-game from our lead:

Coming up we have a somewhat unorthodox week, as we start with a single make-up game against Rockford for a rainout earlier in the year, followed by two games at Danbury, then four at Newark. Here are the projected starters:

6/12 vs ROC - Sabo
6/13 @ DAN - Degen
6/14 @ DAN - Brian
6/15 @ NEW - DSafe
6/16 @ NEW - TT
6/17 @ NEW - Sabo
6/18 @ NEW - Degen

Stay tuned...
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Fuck Wilmington.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

My agent told me to stay off Twitter.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 11

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Holy Shit, Mister D Actually Has a Good Game
The Burlington Sports Frogs stopped the Rockford Files by a score of 8-7 at Green Mountain Grounds today, with the lion's share of the credit going to left fielder Mister D. The 30-year-old had a career day, collecting 5 hits.

"Every batter wants to have a quality at-bat every time he steps up to the plate," Mister D said later. "He wants to hit the ball hard."

Mister D did just that in his 5 at-bats, much to the chagrin of the Files.

"Not much that I can say," offered Rockford manager John Loe. "He just hammered the heck out of us."

Mister D singled in the 1st, singled in the 3rd, hit an RBI single in the 4th, singled in the 6th and singled in the 7th.

This season Mister D has hit at a .250 clip and produced 12 RBI, 1 home run and 14 runs.

wlu_lax Excels, Burlington Blows Out Danbury
The Burlington Sports Frogs powered past the Danbury Hatters, 14-2, at Twisters Ballpark. wlu_lax went 2-5 with 2 home runs and a walk. He scored 3 runs and drove in 5, to lead the charge. The first-place Sports Frogs have won 4 straight.

wlu_lax had a key at-bat for Burlington early in the game. With runners on 1st and 2nd, he hit a 3-run home run. It was his 17th home run of the season and gave Burlington an early 3-0 lead.

"I felt we were ready to go," said Burlington manager Johnny Carwash. "Our pregame was pretty good."

Elrod Delivers Walk-Off Win for Hatters
The Hatters faced a stiff challenge from Burlington pitcher Brian, but persevered to claim a win at Twisters Ballpark. The final score was 5-4. Brian went 6 innings and allowed 3 earned runs. Danbury reliever Ben McDonald was the winner. His record is now 3-2. The losing pitcher was HaulCitgo. The last-place Hatters improved to 28-37.

Danbury took a 5-4 lead on Adam Elrod's 1st home run of the season. The solo home run came off Burlington pitcher HaulCitgo in the bottom of the tenth.

"Our guys just had that look of determination," said winning manager Mike Erickson.

Murder Slip Past Burlington, 4-3
The Newark Murder faced a tough opponent in Burlington pitcher DSafetyGuy, but did just enough to pull out the victory at Newark Grounds by a final score of 4-3. DSafetyGuy went 7 innings and allowed 2 earned runs. With the win over Burlington, the Murder improved to 30-36.

Newark won the game in the bottom of the 11th inning. With no outs and tennbengal on the mound for Burlington, third baseman Brad Barger hit a dramatic solo home run, bringing Murder fans to their feet.

"We played a good game and came out on top," said Barger.

Sports Frogs Shut Out Murder
The Burlington Sports Frogs got a strong performance from pitcher TT2.0, who stymied the Newark offense en route to a 4-0 win at Newark Grounds. Burlington leads the Bensell Conference Northeast Division by 6 games.

wlu_lax, who is on pace for 127 RBI this season, aided the Burlington cause with a 2-run home run in the top of the seventh. For the game, the second baseman was 2-4 with a home run and a walk, while adding 2 RBI and scoring once.

"I just tried to attack the bottom of the zone," TT2.0 said.

Newark Comes up Empty Against Sabo
The Burlington Sports Frogs rolled to an easy 15-0 win over the Newark Murder at Newark Grounds today. Leading the way to victory was starter Sabo, who shackled the Newark Murder and held them scoreless on a 3-hitter.

"This is what every pitcher wants to do when they go out there," Sabo said in his postgame press conference.

For the year Sabo has a 9-4 record with a 4.07 ERA in 15 starts.

Murder Subdue Burlington, 5-4
Newark beat Burlington at Newark Grounds, eking out a 5-4 win. The win was due in large part to pitcher Carlos Leon, who earned player of the game honors. Alfredo Montano was credited with the save. He has now successfully converted 14 of 18 save opportunities. At 31-38, the Murder find themselves in 4th place in the Bensell Conference Mid-Atlantic Division.

With one out in the bottom of the sixth, Brad Barger stroked a go-ahead run-scoring single. It was his 83rd hit of the season and put Newark in front, 3-2.

"I tried to mix it up, keep them off balance," said Leon.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- So, remember a month or so back when rass got drilled in the head by Woonsocket's Danny Soto? This upcoming week will be our first meeting with Woonsocket since then. Degen happens to be our scheduled starter facing Soto this time around. I put up a poll to vote on whether we should retaliate. Here's a pic below to refresh your memory on what a punchable asshole he is. (Soto, not Degen)

- By the way, Jerloma plays for Woonsocket as well, in case we want to throw at him too just because.

- TT is the first pitcher in the league to 10 wins. Good job!

- So far, Bronto is hitting just .174 with no extra-base hits since coming off the DL. We'll have to see if it's just rust or part of a longer trend.

- Despite our division-leading performance, our clubhouse chemistry is listed as "Unhappy." I guess Shirley's cheese-cutting hasn't helped.

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats continue to lead their division at 40-27. Here's how our Swampers are doing:

GoodKarma: .260/.412/.364, 1 HR, .776 OPS
Giff: .311/.376/.509, 6 HR, .886 OPS
Gunpowder: .324/.402/.648, 10 HR, 1.049 OPS
Rush2112: 3-0, 4.06 ERA, 1.32 WHIP
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

After a so-so week, we lost a game on our division lead:

Hopefully this upcoming week will give us the opportunity to bounce back, with a cross-conference series against the bottom-dwelling Fort Myers Manatees, followed by our divisional series against Woonsocket. Here are the projected starters:

6/19 vs FTM - Brian
6/20 vs FTM - DSafe
6/21 vs FTM - TT
6/23 vs WOO - Sabo
6/24 vs WOO - Degen
6/25 vs WOO - Brian

Stay tuned...
BSF21
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 11 + NEW POLL

Post by BSF21 »

So to be clear, I'm not really making that big contract after my rookie year happen, am I?

Time to start tearin' shit up in the clubhouse.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Hit them all.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Definitely throw at his face.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

We definitely have to abide by any and all unwritten rules of baseball comportment.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I'd say scratch one of our scheduled starters with an "illness" and give L-Jam an emergency start. They'd have less moral ground to stand on if a guy walking 6 guys every 9 innings happens to lodge one in the ol' earhole.

BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Who voted no? I'm gonna swing a bat at him in the locker room. It's probably gonna take 5 swings, but he's gonna get his.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

My BB/9 out of the pen is high. Start me and i bean him and plausible deniability because of control maybe...
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I love that idea

EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I voted to keep throwing at him, and after 3x, if he's not tossed, then start throwing at the ump. That'd involve some coordination with A/B or rass though...
Noli Timere Messorem
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ryan wrote:I love that idea
Pretty sure TB has you blocked, bruh.