Swampers at the Ballpark

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Re: Swampers at the Ballpark

Post by MaxWebster »

Sabo - will-do! We were obviously only there for a few hours and on a whim (we did hit the Rock Hall for 2hrs in the afternoon). Next time will be longer for sure.

aside/related: I talked more at the game (to random ppl/fans) last night than I had in the previous week :P - voice was hoarse on the drive home. Meaning that people were exceptionally friendly (I think a lot stemmed from commentary about my wearing a 1982 Warren Cromartie Expos jersey - for some reason wildly popular :P).

Love the 'Land! :)

n.b. saw in my email from last night that Stubhub refunded my money for the tix at 120% for future Stubhub purchases (or i can get the exact $ back in cash to my credit card). Decent service.
Sabo wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:50 am Next time you come back to the Land, give me a heads up and I’ll give you some recommendations on places to visit, where to eat and whatnot. And yes, Progressive Field is an outstanding place to catch a game.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

MaxWebster wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:58 am Sabo - will-do! We were obviously only there for a few hours and on a whim (we did hit the Rock Hall for 2hrs in the afternoon). Next time will be longer for sure.
Reminds me of one of my favorite Onion headlines ever.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

knocked another park off my list this week by hitting a Phillies game on Tuesday night vs the Braves. Another nice one.

7 HRs btwn the two teams including a nice but failed comeback by the home squad made for a good night.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

MaxWebster wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:36 am knocked another park off my list this week by hitting a Phillies game on Tuesday night vs the Braves. Another nice one.

7 HRs btwn the two teams including a nice but failed comeback by the home squad made for a good night.
Awesome. Though I need the Phillies to be losing.

My son and I are going down to Phoenix this weekend to see the Cubs-Diamondbacks. It'll add a park to my history.

This will bring my "currently used ballparks" total back to even with my "dead and gone ballparks" total.

Until the A's move out of Oakland.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

Nice - report back; i have a cousin in Phoenix who goes a few times/year, he seems to like it...

I'd fully intended on completing the entire 30 team bingo card (I have a bunch of "dead and gone"s on my list as well) but that would entail me going to Florida and Texas and I vowed to myself never to return. I suppose I could schedule a quick in/out of each city, although I'm sure the fascism will wear off in a decade or so in those states.

Next year we're gonna plan a quick-ish Phoenix/LA/SD ballpark journey (my wife is also a diehard baseball fan; primarily Dodgers) so I can knock 3 more off the list (I've been to the Big A as a kid).
Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:32 am
MaxWebster wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:36 am knocked another park off my list this week by hitting a Phillies game on Tuesday night vs the Braves. Another nice one.

My son and I are going down to Phoenix this weekend to see the Cubs-Diamondbacks. It'll add a park to my history.

This will bring my "currently used ballparks" total back to even with my "dead and gone ballparks" total.

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

MaxWebster wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:12 pm Nice - report back; i have a cousin in Phoenix who goes a few times/year, he seems to like it...

I'd fully intended on completing the entire 30 team bingo card (I have a bunch of "dead and gone"s on my list as well) but that would entail me going to Florida and Texas and I vowed to myself never to return. I suppose I could schedule a quick in/out of each city, although I'm sure the fascism will wear off in a decade or so in those states.

Next year we're gonna plan a quick-ish Phoenix/LA/SD ballpark journey (my wife is also a diehard baseball fan; primarily Dodgers) so I can knock 3 more off the list (I've been to the Big A as a kid).

I'll pick you up and take you to the good places.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:19 pm
MaxWebster wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:12 pm Nice - report back; i have a cousin in Phoenix who goes a few times/year, he seems to like it...

And hook him up with a quick in and out?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

There is actually an In n Out close to the airport so there.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

MaxWebster wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:12 pmNext year we're gonna plan a quick-ish Phoenix/LA/SD ballpark journey (my wife is also a diehard baseball fan; primarily Dodgers) so I can knock 3 more off the list (I've been to the Big A as a kid).
MaxWebster wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:36 am
I need to do that in the northeast. The only stadiums I've been to east of Chicago are the former Tiger Stadium and the former Exhibition Stadium in Toronto.

Unfortunately my wife is not much of a baseball fan and would have no interest in going to ballparks just to check them off the list.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:53 am
A_B wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:06 am Best diners at 4 am...go!
Or in my case, 4pm.
I’m visiting my parents, and 4:30 or 5:00 is supper time. It’s like a Seinfeld episode!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

i 100% accept and will hold you to it :D

Giff wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:19 pm

Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Orchard Park yesterday
Canadian International
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

MaxWebster wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:41 pm i 100% accept and will hold you to it :D
Let me know!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The youngest somehow ended up a Red Sox fan so we’re at PNC today and I caught a BP ball on the bounce. She gave it to a little kid. I asked for it back to take a photo and then gave it back to him.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

my youngest (freshman at Pitt) and her boyfriend are at today's game. He's a diehard Sox fan in all likelihood wearing a Boston jersey and she being a Jays fan and quality girlfriend is properly trolling wearing my Pirates McCutcheon jersey. If you see that combo you can scare her and say her dad says hi from ... well feel free to make it as weird as you want. :)
rass wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:53 pm The youngest somehow ended up a Red Sox fan so we’re at PNC today and I caught a BP ball on the bounce. She gave it to a little kid. I asked for it back to take a photo and then gave it back to him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

MaxWebster wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:00 pm my youngest (freshman at Pitt) and her boyfriend are at today's game. He's a diehard Sox fan in all likelihood wearing a Boston jersey and she being a Jays fan and quality girlfriend is properly trolling wearing my Pirates McCutcheon jersey. If you see that combo you can scare her and say her dad says hi from ... well feel free to make it as weird as you want. :)
rass wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:53 pm The youngest somehow ended up a Red Sox fan so we’re at PNC today and I caught a BP ball on the bounce. She gave it to a little kid. I asked for it back to take a photo and then gave it back to him.
If I had the random luck of a true creep like mister d I would definitely do that.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

It's a Pirates game. Finding them should take 47 seconds.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Gonna go back through this thread later with the hope that dsafe’s sole contributions are to thirst after Mrs Met’s ass and a potshot at the Buccos.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

rass wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:26 pm Gonna go back through this thread later with the hope that dsafe’s sole contributions are to thirst after Mrs Met’s ass and a potshot at the Buccos.
Once again, I disappoint.

But, I got onto the Mrs. Met stuff from the LeBatard show, as AB mentioned. So, when it appeared here, my brain went to "apple bottom", then the Big Apple for Mets home run celebrations. And, I like running with a successful joke, which explains most of the rest of my activity.

I had no idea the Pirates drew over 26K for Saturday's game. Pirates deserve my scorn for ruining that shot.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

You're forgiven. (A) it was a beautiful early spring day and (B) the crowd was easily 1/3 Boston fans
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Mrs. Met is snatched.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

rass wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:14 pmIf I had the random luck of a true creep like mister d I would definitely do that.
True creeps make their own luck.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

A_B wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:56 am Mrs. Met is snatched.
So bummed that Eve 6 took down their account. I miss the "do you like alternative rock" bit anytime any woman who is a celebrity splits with their partner.