SwampMD

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: SwampMD

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:24 pm Only dealt with concussions with the kids but there was no definitive “you have this level concussion” diagnosis or test. And they recommended not taking painkillers because it could make you feel better than you really are. I assume they told you that if they want you to monitor for a headache.
Where were you when I was talking to the nurse today?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

MaxWebster wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:13 pm(btw i went to PT for vertigo and the guy was amazing - 3 visits in a week and he fixed me up. Something called the Epley maneuver.)
That Epley maneuver is amazing. One treatment of like a minute remedied dizziness that I'd had for more than four months.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

fuckin rights - couldn't imagine feeling how i did for even a few days longer but for you to have it for four months is unthinkable, Steve - jeez.

question is: have you ever tried it (Epley) yourself? It seems so relatively simple and this past week i've actually felt a tinge of dizzyness coming back and I've been wanting to try it on my own before one of those massive spin-attacks comes back... but i'm a little gunshy about it.
Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:53 pm
MaxWebster wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:13 pm(btw i went to PT for vertigo and the guy was amazing - 3 visits in a week and he fixed me up. Something called the Epley maneuver.)
That Epley maneuver is amazing. One treatment of like a minute remedied dizziness that I'd had for more than four months.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

MaxWebster wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:53 pm fuckin rights - couldn't imagine feeling how i did for even a few days longer but for you to have it for four months is unthinkable, Steve - jeez.

question is: have you ever tried it (Epley) yourself? It seems so relatively simple and this past week i've actually felt a tinge of dizzyness coming back and I've been wanting to try it on my own before one of those massive spin-attacks comes back... but i'm a little gunshy about it.
Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:53 pm
I only had it done once, and it was by a physical therapist.

My secretary had dizziness and tried to do it herself, and it just didn't work. But when she went to a PT, that took care of it.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

GOUT!

god damned it....Big toe has been hurting for over a week now. Started when I was in Boston, and I was thinking it was from walking so much, and having an oyster and a lobster roll my last night for dinner. But I've been good since I've been home, and its not getting any better. What's weird is that is starts to feel better, and then like yesterday afternoon, last night, it just got worse.

I've been doing the allopurinol for years, and been taking indomethacin since this flare up started, but its not working. And I've been drinking cherry juice, to no avail. Only thing that really helps is putting my foot in a bucket of ice...and that only lasts so long.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Ugh, that sucks. I started to get that familiar pain in the big toe the Thursday before meeting AB, so I was extremely relieved it was either just a quick flare-up or something else. Hope it gets better soon.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:44 am Ugh, that sucks. I started to get that familiar pain in the big toe the Thursday before meeting AB, so I was extremely relieved it was either just a quick flare-up or something else. Hope it gets better soon.
Just a toe with sympathy pain for Carlos.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

I've been taking allopurinol for a year and a half and have had two flareups, one which was absolutely horrible.

Have you tried colchicine?
Canadian International
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt IV wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:49 am I've been taking allopurinol for a year and a half and have had two flareups, one which was absolutely horrible.

Have you tried colchicine?
Many years ago (13?)...did absolutely horrific things to my gut.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:46 am
Giff wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:44 am Ugh, that sucks. I started to get that familiar pain in the big toe the Thursday before meeting AB, so I was extremely relieved it was either just a quick flare-up or something else. Hope it gets better soon.
Wut? I may look like a war refugee with my shoulder sling and my eyepatch, but my big toe is good!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:18 pm
A_B wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:46 am
Wut? I may look like a war refugee with my shoulder sling and my eyepatch, but my big toe is good!
Haha no, I had a huge burn blister and had it for 10 days by the time I met AB in Nashville. Kelli and I named him Carlos (I got it by picking up a metal ramekin that had been sitting on a fajita skillet...seemed appropriate).
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto