SwampMD

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: SwampMD

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:15 pm I discovered the best thing for a gout outbreak is to have someone swing open a car door into your knee.
Try having someone kick you in the balls, that works too.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I think that's probably a little too far.

What's weird is that when my knee finally did stop hurting from the initial action, the gout attack was gone. Maybe it was the red wine and cussing? Knee does still hurt though.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Maybe skip BBQ once a week.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

A_B wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:28 pm Maybe skip BBQ once a week.
You shut your mouth.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:45 pm
You shut your mouth.
I didn't say to give it all up! A man has to live!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

It's really worse on my wallet than my gout.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:45 pm
You shut your mouth.
I’d accept gout to regularly eat great Texas BBQ.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Gout??? More like GUT!!!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Pretty sure I broke the left pinkie toe banging it HARD on a small bookshelf last night at 4am walking to the fridge to get a water. I mean I’m sure of it now. Wasn’t sure this morning when I did an interval workout on it, but now I’m fucking sure. Damn it.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

A banging injury is fine.

But I bet that bastard pagliucci tripped you.

(He’s a good boy. Or she’s a good girl I don’t remember )
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

A_B wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:31 pm A banging injury is fine.

But I bet that bastard pagliucci tripped you.

(He’s a good boy. Or she’s a good girl I don’t remember )
He might have wanted to, but he was in bed asleep! Can’t even blame it on the little fucker.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I got a mosquito bite on the tip of my middle finger.

Fucker actually hurt quite a bit. What worked? Dipping said tip of finger into Goody's headache powder. Instantly.
Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Thanks to everyone who was checking in via DMs ... shoulder still a bit dead and elbow maybe off but the tingling/numbness is gone. As always, just waiting it out is the best response to physical ailments.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

The ol' Canadian Triage
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Ryan wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:58 am The ol' Canadian Triage
Is that like a Devil's threesome that includes Degen, Pruitt and...Travzilla maybe?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:12 pm
Is that like a Devil's threesome that includes Degen, Pruitt and...Travzilla maybe?
What is your obsession with Devil's threesomes and Swampers? At least include Bluedevilynn one time.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:23 pm
What is your obsession with Devil's threesomes and Swampers? At least include Bluedevilynn one time.
We're kinkshaming now?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:30 pm
We're kinkshaming now?
Not shaming, just trying to better understand, "who is AB?"
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

We're kinkshaming now?
Welcome to my world.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

We're kinkshaming now?
Life is short and Ray and Dave should be nicer to each other.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:32 pm
We're kinkshaming now?
Life is short and Ray and Dave should be nicer to each other.
Took me a second…
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:03 pm MisterD cursed me. Woke up with a lot of pain in my right shoulder. Seemed like the kind of thing that would stop hurting and let me fall back asleep if I shifted. Nope. Kept me up the rest of the night. Still hurting now, hoping it goes away... I tore the labrum in both shoulders in college and had both surgically repaired after years of surgeons not being able to figure out the issue (didn't show on MRIs until recently). I'm 90% sure I re-tore the left one playing wiffle ball about 2 months ago. Felt it happen, pain hasn't decreased at all. Being my left shoulder, I don't think I'm going to bother having it looked at. Only thing that hurts was swinging a bat that day, which I rarely do anyways, and a few weightlifting exercises I had to stop for shoulder pain before muscle tiredness. The right shoulder is a bigger concern.
I re-tore mine playing fuckin' air hockey in January. So dumb. I mean I'm sure it was being frayed constantly but air hockey??
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:52 am
The Sybian wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:03 pm MisterD cursed me. Woke up with a lot of pain in my right shoulder. Seemed like the kind of thing that would stop hurting and let me fall back asleep if I shifted. Nope. Kept me up the rest of the night. Still hurting now, hoping it goes away... I tore the labrum in both shoulders in college and had both surgically repaired after years of surgeons not being able to figure out the issue (didn't show on MRIs until recently). I'm 90% sure I re-tore the left one playing wiffle ball about 2 months ago. Felt it happen, pain hasn't decreased at all. Being my left shoulder, I don't think I'm going to bother having it looked at. Only thing that hurts was swinging a bat that day, which I rarely do anyways, and a few weightlifting exercises I had to stop for shoulder pain before muscle tiredness. The right shoulder is a bigger concern.
I re-tore mine playing fuckin' air hockey in January. So dumb. I mean I'm sure it was being frayed constantly but air hockey??
Air hockey is pretty bad. My wiffle ball game was against 13-14 yo girls. In my defense, half of them play club softball.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Gunpowder wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:52 amI re-tore mine playing fuckin' air hockey in January. So dumb. I mean I'm sure it was being frayed constantly but air hockey??
Was this a dramatic, mid-game injury or something you just felt the next day?
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

mister d wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:41 am
Gunpowder wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:52 amI re-tore mine playing fuckin' air hockey in January. So dumb. I mean I'm sure it was being frayed constantly but air hockey??
Was this a dramatic, mid-game injury or something you just felt the next day?
Mid-game!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Like I know it hurts and all that, but I think I would have liked to see it happen.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I could absolutely see hurting myself playing air hockey.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Air hockey in the sense of air guitar, right? Like you were mimicking an actual slapshot? Surely it couldn't be the other thing.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

Vertigo bump.

Dave how did this turn out (not sure i could find downthread if there was more to it)? i.e. did you ever find out whether this was indeed vertigo?

I'd never had it before ~10 days ago but holyfk i got it from doing situps (?) and then a few days later followed with the worst migraine of my life. went to the dr. since i thought my head was exploding and she reassured me that the 2 can be intimately related. everything was settling down late last week but this past weekend i got the vertigo again just rolling over in bed and now it's happening fairly often. freaks me out; like 5 seconds of being thrown in a washing machine.
DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:50 pm So....after getting hit by a car on Saturday (see the random thoughts thread), I've felt mostly ok...sore, with some bruises on my hip. But then yesterday morning, I'm doing my standard morning back stretches, and when I do the "cat" part of the cat-cow stretch, everything starts to spin wildly. I closed my eyes and laid down, and it went away, but I felt "off" most of the rest of the day. I made a dr appt, and he said it was vertigo, and it happens sometimes, but it likely wasn't related to my fall (I did hit my head, but I was wearing a helmet, and the medics did a concussion check and said I looked ok).

But then...this morning...same thing...only the spinning sensation lasted longer this time.

Wondering if I need to make another doctors appointment...or just stop doing that one stretch.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

mister d wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:34 am Like I know it hurts and all that, but I think I would have liked to see it happen.
It wasn't dramatic, just a man this hurts ok this still hurts hey guys I'm done playing air hockey wtf it's not going away
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

MaxWebster wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:38 am Vertigo bump.

Dave how did this turn out (not sure i could find downthread if there was more to it)? i.e. did you ever find out whether this was indeed vertigo?

I'd never had it before ~10 days ago but holyfk i got it from doing situps (?) and then a few days later followed with the worst migraine of my life. went to the dr. since i thought my head was exploding and she reassured me that the 2 can be intimately related. everything was settling down late last week but this past weekend i got the vertigo again just rolling over in bed and now it's happening fairly often. freaks me out; like 5 seconds of being thrown in a washing machine.
DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:50 pm So....after getting hit by a car on Saturday (see the random thoughts thread), I've felt mostly ok...sore, with some bruises on my hip. But then yesterday morning, I'm doing my standard morning back stretches, and when I do the "cat" part of the cat-cow stretch, everything starts to spin wildly. I closed my eyes and laid down, and it went away, but I felt "off" most of the rest of the day. I made a dr appt, and he said it was vertigo, and it happens sometimes, but it likely wasn't related to my fall (I did hit my head, but I was wearing a helmet, and the medics did a concussion check and said I looked ok).

But then...this morning...same thing...only the spinning sensation lasted longer this time.

Wondering if I need to make another doctors appointment...or just stop doing that one stretch.
I have something similar, started around 35-40 yo. I get crazy dizzy doing pretty normal things, like walking down the staircase in my office building. It was a pretty tight space, lots of turns. Two flights and I felt like I did that spinning on a bat game. Amusement part rides that spin are out. Talked to 2 doctors about it, both said it's a normal aging thing, something with the inner ear and most people get worse at dealing with balance issues as they age. I've never had the spins last more than a short period of time, just that it gets triggered easily.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Hey speaking of concussions. I may have gotten one yesterday. Hit my head three times, and despite my hard hat's best efforts, I've had a headache for about 32 hours now. Went to our doctor. He wasn't in but nurse did the basics check and said I seemed OK at the moment. But I have to go back to them if the headache is still there tomorrow. I don't feel weird or off or anything, just a headache that will not stop.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:20 pm Hey speaking of concussions. I may have gotten one yesterday. Hit my head three times, and despite my hard hat's best efforts, I've had a headache for about 32 hours now. Went to our doctor. He wasn't in but nurse did the basics check and said I seemed OK at the moment. But I have to go back to them if the headache is still there tomorrow. I don't feel weird or off or anything, just a headache that will not stop.
I'd recommend you stop banging your head.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:21 pm
A_B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:20 pm Hey speaking of concussions. I may have gotten one yesterday. Hit my head three times, and despite my hard hat's best efforts, I've had a headache for about 32 hours now. Went to our doctor. He wasn't in but nurse did the basics check and said I seemed OK at the moment. But I have to go back to them if the headache is still there tomorrow. I don't feel weird or off or anything, just a headache that will not stop.
I'd recommend you stop banging your head.
Yeah, where were you yesterday, counsel?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

PR is a hard gig in coal country.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:54 pm PR is a hard gig in coal country.
Got the photos for the billboards though!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Everything turned out ok. I did end up going into the doctor (first time was a virtual appt) and he said I had a "mild" concussion. Haven't had any lingering effects from it.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Only dealt with concussions with the kids but there was no definitive “you have this level concussion” diagnosis or test. And they recommended not taking painkillers because it could make you feel better than you really are. I assume they told you that if they want you to monitor for a headache.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Jeez, three of you with concussions! I hope you all feel better!
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

yikes for the concussion but really glad to hear its been fine since.

(btw i went to PT for vertigo and the guy was amazing - 3 visits in a week and he fixed me up. Something called the Epley maneuver.)
DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:14 pm

Everything turned out ok. I did end up going into the doctor (first time was a virtual appt) and he said I had a "mild" concussion. Haven't had any lingering effects from it.