Mental Health

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

govmentchedda
The Dude

Mental Health

Post by govmentchedda » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:05 pm

Read this.

We've got to do better with mental health, whether it's from concussions, sports, or just life.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Mental Health

Post by Johnnie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:01 pm

He's 100% spot on when it comes to just talking to someone. That helped tremendously when I was being sent home. And when I had my initial mental health appointment having someone just listen seemed like it made a difference.

I'm lucky that my day-to-day isn't severe enough as his, but there are definitely days where I don't want to do anything or I feel like crying for no reason or I just get jumpy because I have to do multiple things at once. And the fatigue is real.

So at work I do my best to focus on my job and do it as well as I can. But if I get overwhelmed at work that's where it can, and certainly has, crumbled. I seem to make work the be all, and all of my worth. Like, what good am I as a supervisor or co-worker if I can't do my job? But then again...what good am I if I have a breakdown?

I hope the mental health area becomes more robust though. If more and more people come forward and tell their stories, it certainly will.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.