A New Brushes with thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Giff
The Dude

Re: A New Brushes with thread

Post by Giff »

bfj wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:25 pm Exchanged greetings with and told John Waters how much I enjoyed his movies today. Saw him at a small local grocery store this afternoon.
That is badass!! Serial Mom and Hairspray are two of my favorite movies growing up.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Touched Matt Berninger's head like a proud parent would while he was walking the crowd during "Graceless", which I assume would go in the "Brushes With Annoying Fans" thread for him.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

mister d wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:11 am Touched Matt Berninger's head like a proud parent would while he was walking the crowd during "Graceless", which I assume would go in the "Brushes With Annoying Fans" thread for him.
Gonna be weird to have a dirty hand for the rest of your life, but I can't see washing it ever again.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

/zoolanderscreenshot
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Ran into Iain Armitage (okay all of the dancer girls knew who he is...I did not). He take karate at the place next to my daughter's dance studio.

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

So that's what he's been doing since Big Bang Theory.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Apparently there is a swamp connection ..kid voiced Chase in the Paw Patrol movie.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I know that most of you aren't fans of bluegrass or jam bands, but I went to see the Billy Strings band Friday night at Stanford, and the musicianship of those guys blew me away.

Anyway, as I think I've mentioned before, the banjo player in the band (the unfortunately named Billy Failing) is my good friend's nephew. We went to a local pub for a couple beers before the concert, and lo and behold, Billy Failing and his brother joined us there for a beer. The guy seemed shy and self-effacing, but very friendly. Very cool thing to have happen.

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:30 am Apparently there is a swamp connection ..kid voiced Chase in the Paw Patrol movie.
Purists are still smarting over that one.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:12 am I know that most of you aren't fans of bluegrass or jam bands, but I went to see the Billy Strings band Friday night at Stanford, and the musicianship of those guys blew me away.

Anyway, as I think I've mentioned before, the banjo player in the band (the unfortunately named Billy Failing) is my good friend's nephew. We went to a local pub for a couple beers before the concert, and lo and behold, Billy Failing and his brother joined us there for a beer. The guy seemed shy and self-effacing, but very friendly. Very cool thing to have happen.

Billy Strings and his band are amazing.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:12 am I know that most of you aren't fans of bluegrass or jam bands, but I went to see the Billy Strings band Friday night at Stanford, and the musicianship of those guys blew me away.

Thanks for the reminder. When you first mentioned Billy Strings, I went down a Youtube rabbit hole and really enjoyed their music. Incredibly talented band.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

My son ended up riding with the members of The Offspring on a train from Vienna to Prague this summer.

He traded seats so they could sit together, and they rewarded him with free tickets to their show in Prague the next night.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

That’s a great story.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:25 pm My son ended up riding with the members of The Offspring on a train from Vienna to Prague this summer.

He traded seats so they could sit together, and they rewarded him with free tickets to their show in Prague the next night.
That's pretty cool!

In 2019, I rode that same train from Vienna to Prague.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:25 pmHe traded seats so they could sit together, and they rewarded him with free tickets to their show in Prague the next night.
How is Ryan not responding 10 seconds after this post? Just middle-middle for his brand of humor.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

La la why don’t you get a train
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Sorry they cut in live to watch me post that and I fuckin’ choked

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ryan wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:05 pm La la why don’t you get a train
This is actually funny if you imagine it being delivered by Fozzie Bear.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

WHY DID HE TRADE SEATS TO LET THEM SIT TOGETHER EVERYONE KNOWS YOU GOTTA KEEP EM SEPARATED COME ON JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I'm just a sucker with no self a-steam train

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:54 am WHY DID HE TRADE SEATS TO LET THEM SIT TOGETHER EVERYONE KNOWS YOU GOTTA KEEP EM SEPARATED COME ON JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
Lol. He should've thought of that.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

as a positive aside to our ill-fated Skydome trip for game 2 (...it was actually an awesome day aside from 3 innings...) we got to the stadium stupid-early and got my daughter a jersey; we were walking around soaking it all up and looking at other jerseys both current and obscure and my daughter sees one of the Canada/red ones ahead of us and says "...was there ever a player named McLean?" #7. ?

... as we're approaching the guy from behind i'm thinking "no way."

but yes way. Just standing like a true Canadian King and wearing a jersey with *his own name on it* :D - just smiling in the hallway with a tallboy in one hand: Ron McLean.

couldn't have been more genuine; we got a nice picture of the 3 of us.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That's awesome. Some real "I'm Keith Hernandez" energy.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

LOL

totally. i mean...i would never have done anything other than a passing "hi Ron - go Jays!" or something while still walking if he were just...wearing something normal. But that just screamed of "sure! stop and say hi!" (was actually my daughter who asked for the picture - teenagers and their forwardness :D)

rass wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:50 am That's awesome. Some real "I'm Keith Hernandez" energy.
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

Fantastic!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

This is going to probably fall completely flat on this board, but...

On Saturday, was in Dewey Beach for the annual Dewey Goes Pink breast cancer 5k fundraiser. Absolutely packed to the gills at Starboard. Get a number of frantic texts from my wife to come meet her near the music stage. Turns out Craig from Southern Charm and his girlfriend Paige (Summer House) are just out here chilling with the masses. He's from DE, so this was just a thing he was doing... No reality cameras or anything.

They were both super cool and kept taking ppl's phones to take the selfies... As they explained, most ppl don't know what they're doing and the pics take way too long, so they just grab the phone and do it for them.

/I watch terrible TV with my wife.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Badly wish I didn't know who you were talking about.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:11 am Badly wish I didn't know who you were talking about.
I mean, Favorite Son, right?

There was also a distinguished gentleman with Biden's same hair and overall look. I turned to some younger guys and said I'd pay them $20 if they went up to him and said "Mr. President, can I take a picture with you" and these guys were all too eager to take my money, so I noped right out of that deal.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Cool story, Max. Did you and Ron bond over discussion of what a dick Don Cherry is?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:15 pm Cool story, Max. Did you and Ron bond over discussion of what a dick Don Cherry is?
How dare you! He is a national treasure!

Completely forgot, I met an Air Canada stewardess and Ron came up in the conversation as he always does. She said he was on her flight numerous times and gushed over how he is the friendliest person and happy to talk to everyone.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:01 pm
sancarlos wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:15 pm Cool story, Max. Did you and Ron bond over discussion of what a dick Don Cherry is?

Completely forgot, I met an Air Canada stewardess and Ron came up in the conversation as he always does. She said he was on her flight numerous times and gushed over how he is the friendliest person and happy to talk to everyone.
This is just a terrible letter to penthouse submission.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:41 am

I was on a college trip for the Harvard Model UN, she was late 20s and gorgeous. That’s as close as I was getting to a Penthouse Forum story. No idea why she was at a bar hanging out with kids from another school at the model UN.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:00 am

I was on a college trip for the Harvard Model UN, she was late 20s and gorgeous. That’s as close as I was getting to a Penthouse Forum story. No idea why she was at a bar hanging out with kids from another school at the model UN.
"She asked me to take her cherry. I told her Don was a national treasure that belonged to all of Canada and wasn't hers to give. "
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

rass wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:10 am

"She asked me to take her cherry. I told her Don was a national treasure that belonged to all of Canada and wasn't hers to give. "
Gold!

I do remember the end of a classic Forum letter that was about a sexy college physics tutor (yep) who asked the student to drop by her office for some extra help...

He may have only got a C in the course, but he "got an A in thrust and acceleration."
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

we gave each other a knowing look. It was clear. ;)
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

rass wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:10 am

audible laughter.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

MaxWebster wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:17 am as a positive aside to our ill-fated Skydome trip for game 2 (...it was actually an awesome day aside from 3 innings...) we got to the stadium stupid-early and got my daughter a jersey; we were walking around soaking it all up and looking at other jerseys both current and obscure and my daughter sees one of the Canada/red ones ahead of us and says "...was there ever a player named McLean?" #7. ?

... as we're approaching the guy from behind i'm thinking "no way."

but yes way. Just standing like a true Canadian King and wearing a jersey with *his own name on it* :D - just smiling in the hallway with a tallboy in one hand: Ron McLean.

couldn't have been more genuine; we got a nice picture of the 3 of us.
I have a picture with the governor of Nevada where he's wearing a VGK jersey with his name on it. (Note: it was before he was governor. The MAGA turds here and the fact the state capital is 400 miles away means he probably doesn't make many games any more.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

So, Margo Price wrote a memoir that just came out. She is on a book-signing tour at independent bookshops around the country, so Bonnie and I went up to her San Francisco event this evening. She had an interview/chat with moderator Chuck Prophet, followed by an audience Q&A and then a book-signing. She also took pictures if you requested - which I did.

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Big smile there man
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

You look euphoric!