Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part III - A Democratic House

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part III - A Democratic House

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:15 pm I think I just saw some kind of small white nationalist/supremacist thing in downtown LV and I’m a little shook. It was just six or seven jerkoffs with American flags in Rhodesian colors in a part of downtown where you’re more apt to see slumming suburbanites like —- well, me —- but still. (If these guys wanted to provoke black people I could have directed them to several alternatives more to their liking).
It could be a long, angry summer. These people are clearly getting more and more comfortable trooping their colours.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

This could make a nice ringtone.

An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I assume, without bothering to look, Graham was super offended when Biden got caught on mic saying "the f-word".
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Kamala Harris for President of the United States of Law Question Askers
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

"I SAID PER MY LAST MOTHER FUCKING EMAIL...."

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Ryan wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:40 pm Kamala Harris for President of the United States of Law Question Askers
well done... i was coming over here to say something similar.

She just fucked him up.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:00 pm Yeah, that's why I posed it as a question. I didn't think that was perjury. Seemed too ticky tack.

HOWEVA... It does speak to the original intent of that 4 page memo that context be obscured enough to sew discontent initially. The jump to "well if Mueller had a problem why didn't he say something?" was kinda legit, but as we are seeing weeks later he just went about it through official, professional channels to coffee his concerns as opposed to the media.
Barr is a disgrace at this point. He has been a shill from Day One and today's testimony and the letter Meuller sent in March absolutely proves it.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

As far as the pairing goes, Hawaii is the state with the best Senators.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I'm starting to think that AG Barr might not be the best lawyer....
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

brian wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:39 pm As far as the pairing goes, Hawaii is the state with the best Senators.
ooo, which is the worst?

Blunt/Hawley is near the bottom because Hawley is just making a caricature of himself already

Cruz/Cornyn definitely a contender, though McConnell/Paul has to be the leader, no?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Brontoburglar wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:05 pm
brian wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:39 pm As far as the pairing goes, Hawaii is the state with the best Senators.
ooo, which is the worst?

Blunt/Hawley is near the bottom because Hawley is just making a caricature of himself already

Cruz/Cornyn definitely a contender, though McConnell/Paul has to be the leader, no?
It'd be tough to pick between the last two sets, but would have to give it to the KY faction.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Would be hard to argue it's NOT either Texas or Kentucky. There's some other bad ones like South Carolina, but few match the aggressive vileness of that foursome.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

That was amazing to watch.

I've mentioned before that my sister works for Senator Hirono. She told me yesterday that there has been many death and rape threats sent into the office. After today, it will probably become a flood.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:04 pm I'm starting to think that AG Barr might not be the best lawyer....
A lawyer's job is to protect their client. How has Barr not done that?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Brontoburglar wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:05 pmCruz/Cornyn definitely a contender, though McConnell/Paul has to be the leader, no?
McConnell/Sanders would still be the worst.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Ryan wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:40 pm Kamala Harris for President of the United States of Law Question Askers
Certainly not Booker. Barr essentially admitted that he didn't know anything about Manafort giving polling data to Kilimnik ... Barr even asked "to who?" ... but Booker was too busy going to his next question to pick up on it.

Always, always, ALWAYS listed to the witness's answer before going on to the next question.

(Though to be fair, a five-minute time limit is hard to deal with.)
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

By the way, has Mueller's first letter to Barr been publicly released? The one from March 25 (which Mueller refers to in his letter of March 27)?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:36 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:04 pm I'm starting to think that AG Barr might not be the best lawyer....
A lawyer's job is to protect their client. How has Barr not done that?
Not sure if you are joking, but just in case, Barr is NOT Trump's fucking lawyer, he is supposed to be the country's lawyer, but it's pretty fucing clear that isn't the case. Impeach the fucker.
-Pruitt
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

ummm

EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

After catching up on yesterday and seeing Barr not planning to show up today, continuing the White House, and now the Department of Justice, snubbing their noses at the power of the legislative branch, with Republican legislators happily going along, my pessimism for this country has never been lower. I'm thinking of switching my twitter feed to just dmb stuff and maybe some cat videos.

edit: think I should have said pessimism has never been higher. My ability to write coherently has declined much like this country.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

And that's what they want. They want people to be so inundated with bullshit that you throw up your hands in disgust and give up.

Fuck that. There are too many people who fought on the side of propeity to give in now. If the Republicans aren't doing their job of checks and balances, shame the motherfuckers. Call them pussies and the President's lapdogs. Fuck them in their ears. After the 2018 election the good people of America got the motherfuckers now playing defense. Don't give up now when they're vulnerable.

And if anyone on the right is complaining about standards or divisiveness, fuck them too. Fight fire with fire.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Keep this in mind, too. The Republicans are soft. They don't know struggle. They're the worst types of bullies - the bullies who are in reality a bunch of pussies. Punch them in the mouth and they fold faster than The Flash on laundry day.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

What the actual fuck? Is this the sort of thing Dems think is a "zinger"? OOOOOHHH, roasted! Eh - fried!

L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

C'mon. Just call Barr a pussy and attack him. Or even better, get your cat, sit at where he was supposed to be, and say "Look, this is my new pussy who I named William Barr."

Fuck it. It can't be any worse than that dipshit who brought in a snowball to claim climate change isn't real.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

That would be the greatest thing ever. Just have the cat roam around jumping on people's podiums asking it why it doesn't care about evidence.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And then call him Drumpf.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

tennbengal wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 am What the actual fuck? Is this the sort of thing Dems think is a "zinger"? OOOOOHHH, roasted! Eh - fried!

Yeah, the back and forth with Barr seems to be a bit of a sideshow from the real question facing the Dems in the House: whether the obstruction facts laid out in the Mueller Report warrant impeachment. Obviously there was a disagreement between Mueller’s team and Barr about the process for releasing the report. But the report is out now, and the House has the information they need to make that decision. Either impeach Trump or don’t (and honestly I can see the arguments both ways) — but focusing on the process by which the report was released seems less important than the more fundamental question of whether to take action based on its facts.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Joe K wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:52 am
tennbengal wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 am What the actual fuck? Is this the sort of thing Dems think is a "zinger"? OOOOOHHH, roasted! Eh - fried!

Yeah, the back and forth with Barr seems to be a bit of a sideshow from the real question facing the Dems in the House: whether the obstruction facts laid out in the Mueller Report warrant impeachment. Obviously there was a disagreement between Mueller’s team and Barr about the process for releasing the report. But the report is out now, and the House has the information they need to make that decision. Either impeach Trump or don’t (and honestly I can see the arguments both ways) — but focusing on the process by which the report was released seems less important than the more fundamental question of whether to take action based on its facts.
So we're back to the disingenuous position of Barr acting in good faith, I see.
Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'm getting really mad about this KFC thing to be honest. Fucking act, don't make cute memes.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

EnochRoot wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:55 am

Where did I say that in this post? My point was that since the Mueller Report had been out for two weeks now, Barr’s letter and his press conference in no way limit the House’s ability to act (or not act) based on the findings in the Report. Eating a bucket of chicken doesn’t in any way advance the ball on the core question of what, if anything, the House should do about Trump’s conduct.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I think it's incredibly important to hold Barr accountable, especially considering he has the ultimate power over the 12 ongoing criminal investigations stemming from the Mueller probe. If Congress lets Barr skate for his attempts to deceive the public and delay the Report to control the narrative, then he will definitely decline prosecution and hide the (alleged) crimes in the 12 ongoing criminal investigations involving a combination of Trump, WH or campaign staff, Trump family members... Barr is 100% not acting independently from the White House, he is acting as Trump's personal lawyer and protector. It is the duty of the AG to go after the President if he commits crimes, not to protect the President. Trump cried for 2 years because Sessions recused rather that be forced to make the decision of protecting or holding Trump accountable. Trump publicly called for an AG who would act in his interest dozens of times, and Barr applied for the job in Op Eds and TV appearances, and got the nomination for the sole purpose of protecting Trump. That is clearly impeachable behavior from Barr, and bordering on criminal.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

mister d wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:57 am I'm getting really mad about this KFC thing to be honest. Fucking act, don't make cute memes.
Not even cute memes. That's just dumb.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:57 am I'm getting really mad about this KFC thing to be honest. Fucking act, don't make cute memes.
What about a cat-shaped bluetooth speaker blasting this on repeat?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

rass wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:22 am
What about a cat-shaped bluetooth speaker blasting this on repeat?
YES
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

No, Rass. You're sympathetic to the narrator in that song.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

GOD DAMMIT!!!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:34 am No, Rass. You're sympathetic to the narrator in that song.
Maybe you are, you weenie little suburbanite.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Joe K wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:04 am
EnochRoot wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:55 am

Where did I say that in this post? My point was that since the Mueller Report had been out for two weeks now, Barr’s letter and his press conference in no way limit the House’s ability to act (or not act) based on the findings in the Report. Eating a bucket of chicken doesn’t in any way advance the ball on the core question of what, if anything, the House should do about Trump’s conduct.
Barr was eviscerated yesterday. He's a political hack whose sole job was to play the part of obstructionist.
Noli Timere Messorem
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

The Sybian wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:08 am
I think it's incredibly important to hold Barr accountable, especially considering he has the ultimate power over the 12 ongoing criminal investigations stemming from the Mueller probe. If Congress lets Barr skate for his attempts to deceive the public and delay the Report to control the narrative, then he will definitely decline prosecution and hide the (alleged) crimes in the 12 ongoing criminal investigations involving a combination of Trump, WH or campaign staff, Trump family members... Barr is 100% not acting independently from the White House, he is acting as Trump's personal lawyer and protector. It is the duty of the AG to go after the President if he commits crimes, not to protect the President. Trump cried for 2 years because Sessions recused rather that be forced to make the decision of protecting or holding Trump accountable. Trump publicly called for an AG who would act in his interest dozens of times, and Barr applied for the job in Op Eds and TV appearances, and got the nomination for the sole purpose of protecting Trump. That is clearly impeachable behavior from Barr, and bordering on criminal.
Next up: Set the stage for Mueller's testimony by filing contempt charges against Barr.
Noli Timere Messorem
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?