NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

TT2.0
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by TT2.0 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Getting the thread started early. Super excited to watch Deshaun Watsons first playoff game. Win or lose today the kid is special.
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 9548
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by sancarlos » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:11 pm

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

TT2.0
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by TT2.0 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:36 pm

well fuck. good season guys. i will be crying in a ball if yall need me
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

User avatar
Joe K
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3449
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Joe K » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:39 pm

The Andrew Luck-Frank Reich combo is pretty scary for AFC teams going forward.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 12660
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by A_B » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:45 pm

The booger/written in the booth is too much talky.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 9094
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!
Contact:

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Johnnie » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:05 pm

A_B wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:45 pm
The booger/written in the booth is too much talky.
I wish they'd just STFU. They need to make every single sentence seem profound, but they are two goons who can't stop one upping themselves. It's ridiculous.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 13136
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Pruitt » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:09 pm

Joe K wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:39 pm
The Andrew Luck-Frank Reich combo is pretty scary for AFC teams going forward.
What a perfect half they just played.

It is unbelievable how quickly the Colts built an offensive line.
"Pruitt is an outstanding representative of the team. The fans love him."

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by BSF21 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:54 pm

😁😁😁
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

User avatar
Brontoburglar
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4072
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 am

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Brontoburglar » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:19 pm

BSF21 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:54 pm
😁😁😁
already have plans for one set of indianapolis people to be joining us in KC at Arrowhead on Saturday

(related: if the Colts hold on it'll be my first Chiefs playoff game in person ever. what could go wrong?)
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by BSF21 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:27 pm

Brontoburglar wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:19 pm
BSF21 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:54 pm
😁😁😁
already have plans for one set of indianapolis people to be joining us in KC at Arrowhead on Saturday

(related: if the Colts hold on it'll be my first Chiefs playoff game in person ever. what could go wrong?)
Flying to Aruba on Sunday or I’d crash your party.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 13136
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Pruitt » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:00 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:05 pm
A_B wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:45 pm
The booger/written in the booth is too much talky.
I wish they'd just STFU. They need to make every single sentence seem profound, but they are two goons who can't stop one upping themselves. It's ridiculous.
Seems like they aren't the only thing that's wrong with that broadcasting team.

ESPN Doesn't Appear To Know What Happened During The Civil War
"Pruitt is an outstanding representative of the team. The fans love him."

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 15116
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by mister d » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:29 pm

Is it a hot take to say I don’t think Peter King is wrong and that walking off before a win-and-in game is a fine disqualifier?
Rush2112 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Dude got a handjob like thousands of old dudes do every day. Big whoop.

User avatar
Joe K
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3449
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Joe K » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:37 pm

mister d wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:29 pm
Is it a hot take to say I don’t think Peter King is wrong and that walking off before a win-and-in game is a fine disqualifier?
I agree. It’s not like Brown was otherwise a slam dunk All-Pro either. Hard to argue with Hopkins and Thomas making it.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 12660
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by A_B » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:10 pm

Yeah it’s not bad to not put him on all pro but to say he is t top 20 receiver? That’s weird.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 12660
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by A_B » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:11 pm

Let the record show I’m also going to assume it all comes out later that Big Ben was a nightmare to deal with.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 9548
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by sancarlos » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:20 pm

A_B wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:11 pm
Let the record show I’m also going to assume it all comes out later that Big Ben was a nightmare to deal with.
That's what she said.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 12660
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by A_B » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:42 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:20 pm
A_B wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:11 pm
Let the record show I’m also going to assume it all comes out later that Big Ben was a nightmare to deal with.
That's what she said.
Ha!
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
duff
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by duff » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:58 pm

Is Giff okay?
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."

User avatar
Joe K
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3449
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Joe K » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:05 pm

A_B wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:42 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:20 pm
A_B wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:11 pm
Let the record show I’m also going to assume it all comes out later that Big Ben was a nightmare to deal with.
That's what she said.
Ha!
IMO, Roethlisberger sneakily sucks now. Every time I watched the Steelers play this year he either was throwing terrible picks or missing wide open receivers. Teams would never side with m a WR over a QB but I don’t think Ben is still a guy who you want to give control of your franchise to.

User avatar
Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 9094
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!
Contact:

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Johnnie » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:54 pm

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.

User avatar
bfj
Donny
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by bfj » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:36 am

Do we have any Chargers fans in here I can tell to fuck off today?

Is it 1 pm yet?
Enjoy every sandwich.

User avatar
Brontoburglar
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4072
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 am

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Brontoburglar » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:41 am

Seahawks would have won that game with a better QB like Jameis Winston
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 15116
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by mister d » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:54 am

bfj wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:36 am
Do we have any Chargers fans in here I can tell to fuck off today?
I know one. Can pass along the message.
Rush2112 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Dude got a handjob like thousands of old dudes do every day. Big whoop.

User avatar
rass
The Dude
Posts: 11333
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 am
Location: N effin' J

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by rass » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:59 am

bfj wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:36 am
Do we have any Chargers fans in here I can tell to fuck off today?
The guy with the boobs is the only regular I can recall, and he popped in for a bit a little over a year ago but hasn’t posted since. And who knows if he stuck with the team after the move.

But go Chargers.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

User avatar
rass
The Dude
Posts: 11333
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 am
Location: N effin' J

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by rass » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:05 pm

Brontoburglar wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:41 am
Seahawks would have won that game with a better QB like Jameis Winston
A subtle cross-thread (and conciliatory) joke. And that’s how you answer a challenge to your Swamp cred. Nice!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 15116
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by mister d » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:06 pm

I found it very condescending and have contacted the mods.
Rush2112 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Dude got a handjob like thousands of old dudes do every day. Big whoop.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 13136
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Pruitt » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Brontoburglar wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:41 am
Seahawks would have won that game with a better QB like Jameis Winston
At the risk of starting another fuss - can I just say that Brian Schottenheimer should be unemployed as of tomorrow. That was horrendous to watch.
"Pruitt is an outstanding representative of the team. The fans love him."

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 15097
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: T-Mobile Arena

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by brian » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:13 pm

I generally root in the playoffs by how many Chippewas are on each team so I guess I’m a Chargers fan today.

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3188
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by DSafetyGuy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:30 pm
Brontoburglar wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:41 am
Seahawks would have won that game with a better QB like Jameis Winston
At the risk of starting another fuss - can I just say that Brian Schottenheimer should be unemployed as of tomorrow. That was horrendous to watch.
For most of the first half, it seemed like he was fired last night, then hired by the Chargers in time for today's game.
Stick this in your trophy case.

User avatar
Joe K
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3449
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Joe K » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Terrible decision by John Harbaugh there in trying a 50 yard FG on 4th and short down by 9. Why is it that coaches consistently focus on the risk of getting stopped on 4th down while ignoring the risk of missing long kicks?

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 12660
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by A_B » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:20 pm

I think when you have the best kicker in the league it changes the calculus a bit.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
rass
The Dude
Posts: 11333
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 am
Location: N effin' J

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by rass » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Thought that was a TD by the other Watt.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

User avatar
rass
The Dude
Posts: 11333
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 am
Location: N effin' J

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by rass » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:24 pm

And the Gordon play was not. And not a fumble either.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

User avatar
bfj
Donny
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by bfj » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:27 pm

Joe K wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:14 pm
Terrible decision by John Harbaugh there in trying a 50 yard FG on 4th and short down by 9. Why is it that coaches consistently focus on the risk of getting stopped on 4th down while ignoring the risk of missing long kicks?
Because Tucker is scarily accurate. Except that time.
Enjoy every sandwich.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 12660
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by A_B » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:27 pm

rass wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:22 pm
Thought that was a TD by the other Watt.
They should have won the challenge and been on the two inch line even if you say he wasn’t in. The spot should have changed at a minimum.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
bfj
Donny
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by bfj » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:28 pm

rass wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:22 pm
Thought that was a TD by the other Watt.
Agreed
Enjoy every sandwich.

User avatar
bfj
Donny
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by bfj » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:28 pm

rass wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:24 pm
And the Gordon play was not. And not a fumble either.
Agreed again.
Enjoy every sandwich.

User avatar
Joe K
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3449
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by Joe K » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:30 pm

A_B wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:20 pm
I think when you have the best kicker in the league it changes the calculus a bit.
Kicking outdoors, even a top kicker is maybe 70% from 50 yards out. The Ravens have been a great running team with Jackson but even if they’re a bit less than 70% to convert, I think it’s worth it to go for it to keep the odds of a TD drive alive.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 12660
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by A_B » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:34 pm

I’ll just agree to disagree hen. You had to have two scores no matter what.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
degenerasian
The Dude
Posts: 7735
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: NFL Playoffs-Wildcard Weekend

Post by degenerasian » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Maybe they should have let the Steelers in.
Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..

Post Reply