Ronde Barber

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Ronde Barber

Post by govmentchedda »

Played in one game during his rookie season (1997), started all 16 games for 15 straight seasons thereafter. Had the pick 6 in the NFC championship game that many Philly swampers remember, to send the Bucs to the Super Bowl. 47 interceptions, 28 sacks, 12 touchdowns, 5 ProBowls, 3 AllPro teams. Much classier than his twin brother, Tiki. Retiring today at the age of 38. One heck of a Buc.

Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Jerloma
The Dude

Re: Ronde Barber

Post by Jerloma »

Revis says you won't miss him that much.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Yeah, that's a hell of a long career for a speed position.

When the Barbers were at UVA, Ronde was good first - immediately, actually, I think he made the freshman All-American team. Throughout his career, he was sort of like Deion - teams just didn't throw to his half of the field. Later, as Tiki became the starting running back and became awesome as well, Ronde received less attention, but UVA fans always knew that BOTH were great players.

I know it has to kill him how Tiki ruined his reputation at the end of his career. But I loved how Ronde continued plugging on, staying productive long after he had any right to be.
Totally Kafkaesque
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Shirley wrote:Yeah, that's a hell of a long career for a speed position.

When the Barbers were at UVA, Ronde was good first - immediately, actually, I think he made the freshman All-American team. Throughout his career, he was sort of like Deion - teams just didn't throw to his half of the field. Later, as Tiki became the starting running back and became awesome as well, Ronde received less attention, but UVA fans always knew that BOTH were great players.

I know it has to kill him how Tiki ruined his reputation at the end of his career. But I loved how Ronde continued plugging on, staying productive long after he had any right to be.

According to Tiki, Ronde is Moms Barber's favorite.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

bfj wrote:
Shirley wrote:Yeah, that's a hell of a long career for a speed position.

According to Tiki, Ronde is Moms Barber's favorite.
According to Ronde, Brutus Beefcake is Mom's favorite Barber.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt