Gunpowder's 2019 NFL Mock Draft Extravaganza VERSION TOO

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: Gunpowder's 2019 NFL Mock Draft Extravaganza VERSION TOO

Post by Gunpowder »

I would bet a lot of money against Jackson becoming any good in the NFL. The delivery is real bad and you don't just develop accuracy once you get to the NFL.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I liked the Pats draft (like I usually do) --adding to cornerback and running back depth is important even if it wasn't their main need. Mortensen said something about the drafted QB playing with an injured back this year at Auburn, so I'm guessing he'll spend the season red-shirting on the ir.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The only gripe I have is that wish they had gotten another WR and perhaps gotten another LB.

I like Williams and think he's gonna be taking over for Chung in a year or two. Harris is some good Burkhead/Sony insurance and I think that they would have gone TE there if the Texans hadn't scooped the pick before.

Was sort of suprised a 4th or something wasn't shipped to Minny for Rudolph, but that may still be on the table.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Gunpowder wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:47 pm I would bet a lot of money against Jackson becoming any good in the NFL. The delivery is real bad and you don't just develop accuracy once you get to the NFL.

Looks like he signed with the Bills. Poor guy.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The post-draft glow that fans have after every draft is funny to me (not in here, like on the Twitters and stuff). The large majority of these "DRAFT STEALS!" are going to be out of the league in a few years.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Gunpowder wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:16 pm The post-draft glow that fans have after every draft is funny to me (not in here, like on the Twitters and stuff). The large majority of these "DRAFT STEALS!" are going to be out of the league in a few years.
Same. I bet you can look at the "draft grade" columns from years past and see that opposite grades really should have been given.

There's never any accountability on the experts when they're wrong.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:24 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:16 pm The post-draft glow that fans have after every draft is funny to me (not in here, like on the Twitters and stuff). The large majority of these "DRAFT STEALS!" are going to be out of the league in a few years.
Same. I bet you can look at the "draft grade" columns from years past and see that opposite grades really should have been given.

There's never any accountability on the experts when they're wrong.
My favourite thing is that so many of these experts had updated versions of their mock drafts, like they were reacting to inside information.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I'm definitely guilty of this. Now I'm getting excited about the undrafted free agent signings.

I also love when the Pats take a guy who was a disappointment in college after being a highly touted high school recruit.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Bengals going the Katy High route again.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto