Here's a Dumb One

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 15729
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Here's a Dumb One

Post by mister d » Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 am

You find out that tomorrow every single specialty brand of food will lose their recipe and taste totally different except one of your choosing. Which one do you choose?



(So chips will still exist, but cheetos won't taste like cheetos and doritos won't taste like doritos and so on.)
Rush2112 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Dude got a handjob like thousands of old dudes do every day. Big whoop.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 13168
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by A_B » Fri May 17, 2019 9:53 am

Heinz Ketchup, I guess.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
L-Jam3
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1937
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by L-Jam3 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 am

A_B wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:53 am
Heinz Ketchup, I guess.
I think that's the right answer for me too. I was initially thinking Snickers or Froot Loops, but I barely use ketchup, and the only one I consider is Heinz. Losing that would change too many things.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Andre "The Hawk" Dawson with 438.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 15877
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: T-Mobile Arena

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by brian » Fri May 17, 2019 9:56 am

Honestly, same probably.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 13168
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by A_B » Fri May 17, 2019 9:58 am

L-Jam3 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 am
A_B wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:53 am
Heinz Ketchup, I guess.
I think that's the right answer for me too. I was initially thinking Snickers or Froot Loops, but I barely use ketchup, and the only one I consider is Heinz. Losing that would change too many things.
I also use less ketchup than I used to, but every time I get a ketchup somewhere that isn't Heinz, I miss Heinz.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
L-Jam3
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1937
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by L-Jam3 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:02 am

The more I'm thinking about it, Coke changing its recipe led to rioting in the streets. This is coming from someone who maybe has one soda a week.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Andre "The Hawk" Dawson with 438.

User avatar
Sabo
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4457
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:33 am
Location: On the trail

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Sabo » Fri May 17, 2019 10:06 am

Frank's Red Hot
The Sybian wrote:Goddamnit, Sabo!

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3657
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by BSF21 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:08 am

Cheezits. Don't bring that cheese nip bullshit in this house.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 13168
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by A_B » Fri May 17, 2019 10:08 am

Sabo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:06 am
Frank's Red Hot
I also considered this one. But there are so many hot sauces out there I figure I can muddle through.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
Sabo
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4457
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:33 am
Location: On the trail

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Sabo » Fri May 17, 2019 10:29 am

A_B wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:08 am
Sabo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:06 am
Frank's Red Hot
I also considered this one. But there are so many hot sauces out there I figure I can muddle through.
True. Plus, it's always possible the recipe for a different hot sauce changes to what Frank's currently is.
The Sybian wrote:Goddamnit, Sabo!

User avatar
Rush2112
The Dude
Posts: 5554
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Cyrus X-1
Contact:

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Rush2112 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:51 am

I think I'd go with Cheeze-its brand cheese snack as well. Basically the only snack cracker I enjoy and I love Cheeze-Its on my chili filled with beans and corn.
"If you're into power let's go down to my van, because Red Barchetta through a 10 gigawatt pre-amp is-wait... pleassee tell me you're into Rush...."

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 9929
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by sancarlos » Fri May 17, 2019 11:17 am

I used to feel the same way as you guys about Heinz ketchup. Then, one day my wife brought home the Trader Joe's organic ketchup. Blasphemy, I know, but I think I prefer it too Heinz.

For me, the answer to the question is Jif peanut butter.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 15729
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by mister d » Fri May 17, 2019 11:20 am

No one has said the brand that made this question pop into my head.
Rush2112 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Dude got a handjob like thousands of old dudes do every day. Big whoop.

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 10321
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by The Sybian » Fri May 17, 2019 11:41 am

I think I could happily get by without ever having ketchup again. I'll use it on fries, but it isn't a big deal. That said, non-Heinz ketchups suck (never had Trader Joe's). Frank's hot sauce is an abomination and shouldn't be allowed to carry the hot sauce moniker. It's a slightly flavored vinegar bomb. 3 years living in college dorms where Frank's was the only option left me with a strong hatred of the stuff.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Rush2112
The Dude
Posts: 5554
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Cyrus X-1
Contact:

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Rush2112 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:44 am

I much prefer thousand island on my fires if we're going sauce, but I'd rather have malt vinegar over any other sauce.
"If you're into power let's go down to my van, because Red Barchetta through a 10 gigawatt pre-amp is-wait... pleassee tell me you're into Rush...."

User avatar
Sabo
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4457
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:33 am
Location: On the trail

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Sabo » Fri May 17, 2019 11:46 am

The Sybian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:41 am
I think I could happily get by without ever having ketchup again. I'll use it on fries, but it isn't a big deal. That said, non-Heinz ketchups suck (never had Trader Joe's). Frank's hot sauce is an abomination and shouldn't be allowed to carry the hot sauce moniker. It's a slightly flavored vinegar bomb. 3 years living in college dorms where Frank's was the only option left me with a strong hatred of the stuff.
Get the fuck out of here.
The Sybian wrote:Goddamnit, Sabo!

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 15877
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: T-Mobile Arena

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by brian » Fri May 17, 2019 11:47 am

mister d wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:20 am
No one has said the brand that made this question pop into my head.
Kikkoman Soy Sauce, probably.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 13660
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Pruitt » Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 pm

H.P. Sauce.
"Pruitt is an outstanding representative of the team. The fans love him."

User avatar
Ryan
The Dude
Posts: 6295
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Ryan » Fri May 17, 2019 12:05 pm

Canada Dry - all other ginger ale is actively gross

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 13660
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Pruitt » Fri May 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Ryan wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:05 pm
Canada Dry - all other ginger ale is actively gross
Good one.
"Pruitt is an outstanding representative of the team. The fans love him."

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 15877
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: T-Mobile Arena

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by brian » Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Ryan wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:05 pm
Canada Dry - all other ginger ale is actively gross
Saying this could literally get you punched in Michigan (Vernors).

User avatar
Ryan
The Dude
Posts: 6295
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Ryan » Fri May 17, 2019 12:18 pm

My limited palette thinks both Schweppes and (even more so) Seagrams are basically just liquid ginger in a can which is not ideal

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3454
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Steve of phpBB » Fri May 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:08 pm
Ryan wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:05 pm
Canada Dry - all other ginger ale is actively gross
Good one.
I'm with you guys. But of course that's because all the other ginger ales actually taste like ginger.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
Rams Fanny
Brandt
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:32 pm
Location: Henderson, NV

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Rams Fanny » Fri May 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Lea and Perrins worcestershire sauce because it flavors many things I cook.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3657
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by BSF21 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 pm

brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 pm
Ryan wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:05 pm
Canada Dry - all other ginger ale is actively gross
Saying this could literally get you punched in Michigan (Vernors).
Vernors is trash, don't @ me
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 15877
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: T-Mobile Arena

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by brian » Fri May 17, 2019 12:39 pm

BSF21 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 pm
brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 pm
Ryan wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:05 pm
Canada Dry - all other ginger ale is actively gross
Saying this could literally get you punched in Michigan (Vernors).
Vernors is trash, don't @ me
I'm not really a huge fan myself, but there's a very vocal, adamant contingent of fans out there.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 13660
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Pruitt » Fri May 17, 2019 1:33 pm

brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:39 pm
BSF21 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 pm
brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 pm
Ryan wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:05 pm
Canada Dry - all other ginger ale is actively gross
Saying this could literally get you punched in Michigan (Vernors).
Vernors is trash, don't @ me
I'm not really a huge fan myself, but there's a very vocal, adamant contingent of fans out there.
My father loved Vernors. It's horrible stuff.
"Pruitt is an outstanding representative of the team. The fans love him."

User avatar
GoodKarma
Bunny Lebowski
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:14 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by GoodKarma » Fri May 17, 2019 2:03 pm

BSF21 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:08 am
Cheezits. Don't bring that cheese nip bullshit in this house.
I'll die on the Cheese Nips hill...
Communist until you're rich; feminist until you're married; atheist until the plane starts falling

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 15729
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by mister d » Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 pm

The correct answer is Hellmann's mayonnaise.
Rush2112 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Dude got a handjob like thousands of old dudes do every day. Big whoop.

User avatar
govmentchedda
The Dude
Posts: 6350
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by govmentchedda » Fri May 17, 2019 2:56 pm

mister d wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 pm
The correct answer is Hellmann's mayonnaise.
Duke's will do.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 15729
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by mister d » Fri May 17, 2019 3:14 pm

Every southern cookbook I have mentioned that. I'm going to have to find it somewhere and try.
Rush2112 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Dude got a handjob like thousands of old dudes do every day. Big whoop.

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3454
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Steve of phpBB » Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 pm

mister d wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 pm
The correct answer is Hellmann's mayonnaise.
Best brand is just as good. (Don't @ me.)
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

Baloney
Bunny Lebowski
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:55 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Baloney » Fri May 17, 2019 3:24 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 pm
H.P. Sauce.
Image

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 13660
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Pruitt » Fri May 17, 2019 3:53 pm

Baloney wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:24 pm
Pruitt wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 pm
H.P. Sauce.
Image
I'll try it if I see it.

Love the brown sauce.
"Pruitt is an outstanding representative of the team. The fans love him."

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 9929
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by sancarlos » Fri May 17, 2019 4:03 pm

Steve of phpBB wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 pm
mister d wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 pm
The correct answer is Hellmann's mayonnaise.
Best brand is just as good. (Don't @ me.)
You do know that Best Food’s is what Hellman’s calls itself west of the Rockies.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

User avatar
rass
The Dude
Posts: 11560
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 am
Location: N effin' J

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by rass » Fri May 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Cheezits is a pretty good answer from where I am.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3454
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Steve of phpBB » Fri May 17, 2019 4:36 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:03 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 pm
mister d wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 pm
The correct answer is Hellmann's mayonnaise.
Best brand is just as good. (Don't @ me.)
You do know that Best Food’s is what Hellman’s calls itself west of the Rockies.
(Yes.)
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 13168
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by A_B » Fri May 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Ryan wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:05 pm
Canada Dry - all other ginger ale is actively gross
You see I considered this. But I like vernors too.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
Ryan
The Dude
Posts: 6295
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by Ryan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:57 am

Wait, Hellman's wasn't a joke?

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 15729
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Here's a Dumb One

Post by mister d » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:59 am

It was at the time but now I have my mom looking for Duke's around her. Apparently it hits select places in the Northeast.
Rush2112 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Dude got a handjob like thousands of old dudes do every day. Big whoop.

Post Reply