Ross Perot

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Ross Perot

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Will be remembered more for "Let Me Tell you Something" and flip charts than founding EDS after reaching his commission cap for the entire year in January at IBM.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... ng/2868125
Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Ross Perot

Post by Pruitt »

Somewhere in one of my boxes of stuff I have a Ross Perot for President button.

"Status Quo or Ross Perot!"

He was known for using the phrase "you people" at an NAACP Convention
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Fuck, I was hoping he would run as a Democrat this year. We need more candidates!

Perot made a campaign stop on my campus just before the 1996 election. My friend and I went, and what an eye opening experience that was. Lyndon Larouche acolytes outside spewing their nonsense and handing out a newspaper full of batshit crazy conspiracy shit. Some guy interrupting to scream shit about GHW Bush selling crack through the CIA and getting manhandled by the police, another guy in a robot suit made of garbage attempting to run onto the stage, shouting unintelligibly through the bucket on his head... Perot actually gave a damned impressive speech. When it ended, we walked in late to our Political Science class, and the prof went apeshit on us for being late. We thought saying we attended a Presidential candidate speaking would have been a good reason to a Poli Sci prof, but nope. I'm sure whatever he said in Just and Unjust Wars that day was much more important.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:53 am Fuck, I was hoping he would run as a Democrat this year. We need more candidates!

Perot made a campaign stop on my campus just before the 1996 election. My friend and I went, and what an eye opening experience that was. Lyndon Larouche acolytes outside spewing their nonsense and handing out a newspaper full of batshit crazy conspiracy shit. Some guy interrupting to scream shit about GHW Bush selling crack through the CIA and getting manhandled by the police, another guy in a robot suit made of garbage attempting to run onto the stage, shouting unintelligibly through the bucket on his head... Perot actually gave a damned impressive speech. When it ended, we walked in late to our Political Science class, and the prof went apeshit on us for being late. We thought saying we attended a Presidential candidate speaking would have been a good reason to a Poli Sci prof, but nope. I'm sure whatever he said in Just and Unjust Wars that day was much more important.
You do know it was proven to be true that the Bush administration WAS selling crack through the CIA, right?
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:00 am
The Sybian wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:53 am Fuck, I was hoping he would run as a Democrat this year. We need more candidates!

You do know it was proven to be true that the Bush administration WAS selling crack through the CIA, right?
It's a sad story.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:00 am

I know there were several Congressional probes, but I thought they found no evidence. I started to believe there was something to it, until Kanye sang about it.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Remember when the Larouche types were the lunatic fringe?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."