Tokyo Olympics 2020

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Re: Tokyo Olympics 2020

Post by wlu_lax6 »

long trip
You see, these Cook Islands athletes returned home last week from the Olympics. Yes, those Olympics. The Games that took place in Tokyo and ended all the way back in early August.
As the Olympics wound down, the Cook Islands team left Japan and arrived in Christchurch, New Zealand, where they quarantined for two weeks. Then, they traveled to Auckland, NZ—the last stop before home.
Covid had other plans, and as they entered Auckland, the city went into lockdown for two months, stranding the Olympians. When the lockdown lifted, they finally were allowed to return to the Cook Islands...exactly 13 weeks and three days after they first left for Japan.
Oh, I forgot one other detail. The weary travelers are currently quarantining in a hotel for two weeks upon arriving in the Cook Islands. “If I can get through 14 days [of quarantine] in Christchurch then eight weeks in lockdown, I can handle it,” the country’s Olympic committee president Hugh Graham said.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That's nuts.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

This thread/and these games being labeled 2020 make this story somehow more surreal (to me at least).
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.