Rush Limbaugh

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Re: Rush Limbaugh (almost)

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Someone smarter then me needs to change the thread title to 'Rush Limbaugh (Finally)'
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:31 pm Someone smarter then me needs to change the thread title to 'Rush Limbaugh (Finally)'
You started the thread, you should be able to edit it. Go to the first post and edit, it should let you edit the thread title.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Confederate flags at half mast.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Oh happy fucking day.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I wonder how today and tomorrow will play out ...
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This is the only type of obituary or mention people like Limbaugh deserve from everyone but their sycophants and enablers: https://gawker.com/5890660/andrew-breit ... big-corpse
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The world is a better place today.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Right in the middle of Black History Month. Well played, God.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

too bad it wasn't on air or in public / at a podium.

pieces of shit looked down on him.

can't celebrate enough that he's gone.

...was that gentle enough? fuck him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Seeing some great tweets.

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Remember

brian
The Dude

Re: Rush Limbaugh

Post by brian »

Thread title edited. Rot in Hell, Rush.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

The timeline doesn't work!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Today is the perfect example of why I could quit Facebook but not Twitter.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Imagine being famous for coining the term "feminazis"?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:24 pm Imagine being famous for coining the term "feminazis"?
Imagine being a listener and proudly referring to yourself as a "dittohead" because you proudly agree with everything the host says or will say.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:35 pm
Pruitt wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:24 pm Imagine being famous for coining the term "feminazis"?
Imagine being a listener and proudly referring to yourself as a "dittohead" because you proudly agree with everything the host says or will say.
And while folks of all persuasions are guilty of this on some level, this is exactly why conservatives are more likely to fall in line behind a Trump-type figure.

Hell, this board is comprised of a bunch of dudes that occupy a pretty narrow band on the political spectrum and we still argue about just about everything. Being critical is not the same thing as critical thinking.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:06 pm
And while folks of all persuasions are guilty of this on some level, this is exactly why conservatives are more likely to fall in line behind a Trump-type figure.

Hell, this board is comprised of a bunch of dudes that occupy a pretty narrow band on the political spectrum and we still argue about just about everything. Being critical is not the same thing as critical thinking.
I think a large number of Conservatives, and I mean historically and world wide, are looking for a strong Daddy figure to make them feel safe and taken care of. It's why they are so susceptible to fear-mongering and why so many latched onto Trump's "Only I can fix this" line of shit and their blind devotion to him.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its also why "if the republicans do it why shouldn't the dems" doesn't work. The left is far more loyal to principle than personality.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:11 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:06 pm

I think a large number of Conservatives, and I mean historically and world wide, are looking for a strong Daddy figure to make them feel safe and taken care of. It's why they are so susceptible to fear-mongering and why so many latched onto Trump's "Only I can fix this" line of shit and their blind devotion to him.
Yup. Hannah Arendt is good on this.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Good thread for anyone choosing the high road over grave-dancing:

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Too bad I'll never know if the tie I got for being in my sister's wedding has suddenly increased in value, as it has long since been scrapped.

Photo below should adequately explain why I never wore it.
il_570xN.722556143_84u1.jpg
il_570xN.722556143_84u1.jpg (18.35 KiB) Viewed 496 times
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:47 pm This is the only type of obituary or mention people like Limbaugh deserve from everyone but their sycophants and enablers: https://gawker.com/5890660/andrew-breit ... big-corpse
The Defector's Elegant Obituary
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:28 pm Too bad I'll never know if the tie I got for being in my sister's wedding has suddenly increased in value, as it has long since been scrapped.

Photo below should adequately explain why I never wore it.

il_570xN.722556143_84u1.jpg
My sister gave me a Rush Limbaugh tie for christmas one year (as a joke). I said it was just like him: Fat, loud, and obnoxious.

I made a pretty nice chunk of change when I eventually sold it on eBay.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:16 pm Its also why "if the republicans do it why shouldn't the dems" doesn't work. The left is far more loyal to principle than personality.
You guys remember Air America? That was a doomed project from the jump.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:50 pm
mister d wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:16 pm Its also why "if the republicans do it why shouldn't the dems" doesn't work. The left is far more loyal to principle than personality.
You guys remember Air America? That was a doomed project from the jump.
Not much more of a chance than the parody news comedy show FoxNews attempted. I actually listened to Air America. I was in the car a lot for work at the time. I had to make a lot of court appearances or client visits throughout NJ and NY. Franken's show was my morning commute, Rachel Maddow on the drive home.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'll always remember this about him:

And I'll always remember the days at work following his ouster from ESPN because the REAL 'MURICANS I worked with were in total agreement with Rush. They were all white and listened to his bullshit radio show (along with other right wing radio shows) and acted like Rush was cancelled because "the damn dirty Lib'ruls are running this country."

Made me realize that there is a huge chasm in this country early on in my military career.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:35 pm I'll always remember this about him:

And I'll always remember the days at work following his ouster from ESPN because the REAL 'MURICANS I worked with were in total agreement with Rush. They were all white and listened to his bullshit radio show (along with other right wing radio shows) and acted like Rush was cancelled because "the damn dirty Lib'ruls are running this country."

Made me realize that there is a huge chasm in this country early on in my military career.
His brand of misogyny, racism and bigotry he'd blather to his listeners day after day after day represented a paradigm shift of what was tolerable, and as such, the chasm grew wider...and wider.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:35 pm Erik Loomis does not disappoint.

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/20 ... of-fascism
This was incredible.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:10 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:35 pm Erik Loomis does not disappoint.

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/20 ... of-fascism
This was incredible.
Really good.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

From that piece: So once those oligarchs and wannabe fascists got their president in the White House, they went after it. The country has never recovered from this horrible event since, as we’ve been flooded with ever more extreme right-wing propaganda that has moved us increasingly down the road toward fascism, culminating with the election on Donald Trump.

I think we focus so much on Fox that we forget what Reagan's FCC did to the airwaves before Fox was really a thing.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

And, btw, I'm sure that's a fine piece all the way to the end, but I'm not giving Limbaugh that much of my time.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:35 pm I'll always remember this about him:

I remember Donovan McNabb having to answer questions about it in a press conference, and him sitting there with a look of 'what the fuck did I do?'. Its not like he did something (besides start the season 0-2) to have Rush go full racist on him, beside be a high profile black athlete.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Luckily that was the last time McNabb had to deal with criticism coming from a biased place.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I read some confederate flag racist from tampa was killed by a horse or something.