Rush Limbaugh

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: Rush Limbaugh

Post by govmentchedda »

Fucked with the bull, got the horns.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I don't think that will apply to military bases in Florida, thankfully.

But whatever location is flying them at half staff is where the assholes are.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:25 pm Fucked with the bull, got the horns.
I think that's a different species.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Dead Terrrorist: Rush Limbaugh Wrecked America
When I heard Rush Limbaugh had finally died, my first thought was "I hope he was screaming in pain when the light switch flicked off." He had lost his hearing, battled opioid addiction, and succumbed to lung cancer, and he still didn't suffer enough. I hope he realized at the end that there was no afterlife, that after he died, he was dead. Forever.

Rush Limbaugh was already a mad bomber before he was invited to become the spiritual leader of the terrorist movement known as the Republican Party. The top hyena of the savage beasts of right-wing talk radio, Limbaugh was the jabbering clown, mixing the naughty school boy humor of drive-time DJs and the nonstop ranting of an end times preacher. He gave voice to the aggrieved white men who saw their hegemonic control over everything being encroached upon by women, by people of color, by gays and lesbians, by them, that undefined shadow culture ready to wreck all that the good, bleached, heteronationalists had done for the ungrateful hottentots, whores, and homos. He turned "liberal" into a dirty word, and we are just recovering from that.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

That point Rush making "liberal" a dirty word is a good one. I remember listening to him way back in the early 90s when I had just graduated and he was climbing to power. He used that word with such derision. It confused me, because I had always thought of the two sides as fairly equal and really, before Rush every single political issue didn't have to be labeled as "liberal" or "conservative." He's the reason why we refer to "progressives" now instead of "liberals." And even then, I think a lot of people are still afraid to label themselves either of those, while that's just not true for conservatives.
Totally Kafkaesque
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Yup, it didn't hit me that liberal was a bad word until I was labeled one because I'm from Boston and joined the military where I was stationed around REAL MEN who were most definitely NOT PUSSY LIBERALS.

And that's when I learned to pretend I agreed with their politics. Ya know, it's kinda like that thing you do in Evasion & Conduct After Capture training when you start to sympathize with your captor to understand their plight, but in the back of your head you're going "Wow. You're easily manipulated. No wonder you act the way you do."

Edit:

But to be fair, I was on the path to righty loon had it not been for this board, so maybe I'm just full of shit.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:26 pm But to be fair, I was on the path to righty loon had it not been for this board, so maybe I'm just full of shit.

That's... Pretty fucking cool.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:35 pm
Johnnie wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:26 pm But to be fair, I was on the path to righty loon had it not been for this board, so maybe I'm just full of shit.

That's... Pretty fucking cool.
Kinda hard to explain eloquently, but I recognized there were regional biases that I had from the northeast and they had from the south. And at the end of the day we all wore the uniform. So when you work with, hang out with, deploy with, and trust people that you never thought you would, it was eye opening. I figured "these folks aren't so bad." If there's a Christian influence to their worlds, who am I too judge? At the time I was kinda Christian too.

But then I started posting here and realized no. And my in-real-life friends group was very mixed ethnically. And it kinda dawned on me that the country bumpkin crowd of mostly white rural types didn't really accept me. There's a term called the "good ol' boy" system in the military. I thought it was just the way you look out for your own. But then you get in trouble one time and you get nailed to the wall and realize it goes deeper then that. There is this undertone of regional bias that keeps it together. And rural whites make up the power structure.

Maybe it was a mix of the culture of flightline maintenance, the people that make it up, the toxicity from the top, and everything else, but I just changed, dropped religion, "found" science, and realized after a while the Christian Right and their faux machismo attitude is basically Sharia Law by a different name and ethnic set.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:18 am ....realized after a while the Christian Right and their faux machismo attitude is basically Sharia Law by a different name and ethnic set.

We need Islam to exist, lest Christianity suddenly become the clear "crazy" one and people focus a bit more on all the raping.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

still dead
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A feel good thread bump.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Ditto
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

Mega dittos.
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:54 pm
Bump.

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Still dead
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Right? Little extra hop in my step now.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.