Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Re: The Captain Trips Anxiety thread

Post by DSafetyGuy »

bfj wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:48 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:13 am
bfj wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:28 pm You all are the best. I’m ok. Figures that with 400k+ dead it would hit home at some point. I feel bad for my friend and her whole family.
If it helps, BFJ, I am willing to take the Jeruslam in our upcoming match, but I am still kicking out of the pin on two.
Probably at 2.9.
To me, you are now the Big Fair Jew.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Sorry, bud.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Sorry Sybian and bfj.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
serrano
Brandt

Post by serrano »

Sorry to hear, Syb.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Sorry to hear, Syb.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

This is sadly relevant - first I've heard of this:

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

What was it?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Well as of 2pm I don’t have COVID but (gross)
[+] spoiler
I am on my 4th day of uncontrollable diarrhea. Calling a telehealth thing here soon if it doesn’t clear up. Not fucking pleasant.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

BSF21 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:20 pm Well as of 2pm I don’t have COVID but (gross)
[+] spoiler
I am on my 4th day of uncontrollable diarrhea. Calling a telehealth thing here soon if it doesn’t clear up. Not fucking pleasant.
I think we have our team name!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

The Sybian wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 pm Got word yesterday that the father of a guy I've been friends with since I was 5 died from COVID yesterday. He was the manager of my travel soccer team, and one of the couples that my parents travel with every year. He went to the hospital a couple days ago, my mother told me yesterday morning that they finally got his oxygen levels up and he was breathing better, then I got a text from another friend that he passed. Just kind of numb. I don't think I've seen him in 15 years since my wedding (though I've seen his wife several times, he used to travel for months at a time for his job), and he didn't look the picture of health in some pictures my parents showed me from their travels. When I heard he was going to the hospital, I knew his chances probably weren't good. His wife is positive, but barely symptomatic, my friend has been really sick for 5 days, but not hospital-level. Friends wife and one of his kids are positive and asymptomatic. Friend's sister and her entire family were also visiting at the same time, and they all tested negative. So weird how this disease works.
Got a text this morning that the wife is now in the hospital. She has very mild symptoms for 2 weeks, and my mom said today was the day her quarantine was supposed to end. Update that she is being treated for COVID and viral pneumonia. Oxygen levels are low, but nurses are optimistic.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:30 pm
The Sybian wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 pm Got word yesterday that the father of a guy I've been friends with since I was 5 died from COVID yesterday. He was the manager of my travel soccer team, and one of the couples that my parents travel with every year. He went to the hospital a couple days ago, my mother told me yesterday morning that they finally got his oxygen levels up and he was breathing better, then I got a text from another friend that he passed. Just kind of numb. I don't think I've seen him in 15 years since my wedding (though I've seen his wife several times, he used to travel for months at a time for his job), and he didn't look the picture of health in some pictures my parents showed me from their travels. When I heard he was going to the hospital, I knew his chances probably weren't good. His wife is positive, but barely symptomatic, my friend has been really sick for 5 days, but not hospital-level. Friends wife and one of his kids are positive and asymptomatic. Friend's sister and her entire family were also visiting at the same time, and they all tested negative. So weird how this disease works.
Got a text this morning that the wife is now in the hospital. She has very mild symptoms for 2 weeks, and my mom said today was the day her quarantine was supposed to end. Update that she is being treated for COVID and viral pneumonia. Oxygen levels are low, but nurses are optimistic.
This is really crappy. But my initial thought when I read it was so much worse.

Just to be clear, is "the wife" the wife of your friend's father?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Bowels Spilling Filth (21)
Bowl Splashing Foully (21)
Bowl Slowly Filling (21)
Been Sitting For 21 (minutes)

(feel better)
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Sorry syb. You mentioned a visit in there. Did they have some sort of family gathering and then a bunch of them got sick?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:38 pm Sorry syb. You mentioned a visit in there. Did they have some sort of family gathering and then a bunch of them got sick?
Not sure exactly. My friend lives on the same street as his parents, and his sister lives in town, so I'd guess they considered themselves in the same bubble.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:36 pm
The Sybian wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:30 pm
This is really crappy. But my initial thought when I read it was so much worse.

Just to be clear, is "the wife" the wife of your friend's father?
Yes, should have been much clearer about this. My friend's mother is in the hospital, not my wife. Got another report through my friend's sister that she is doing well, but they are holding her until at least the 20th, and the father's funeral is the 19th. First, I'm really surprised that they plan on keeping someone in the hospital for a minimum of 10 days. Second, I can't believe she won't be able to attend her husbands funeral. They had to be married close to 60 years.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

rass wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:37 pm Bowels Spilling Filth (21)
Bowl Slowly Filling (21)

(feel better)
Brown Splattering Fanny (21)
Butt Steady Flowing (21 ounces)
Boy Shooting Feces (21 ounces)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Ah, brown. Dammit.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:12 pm
rass wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:37 pm Bowels Spilling Filth (21)
Bowl Slowly Filling (21)

(feel better)
Brown Splattering Fanny (21)
Butt Steady Flowing (21 ounces)
Boy Shooting Feces (21 ounces)
Boy, Shit's Flying
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Butt Soup For 21.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Big Shit Flinger 21 (inches)
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Had enough yesterday. Called urgent care, said they couldn't help me, referred me to a different urgent care, who said go to the hospital. I said fuck that no way I need to go to the ER.

I went 3 hours later. 2 liters of fluids. Ton of tests. 5 hours of fun. Turns out nothing major so far so it's "unknown viral infection" and told me to drink some water and be on my way.

I did have an EKG. Apparently I have a heart condition that has never been diagnosed so I get to follow up with a cardiologist for that. Come with one problem leave with 2.

Also shoutout to IU hospital last night for having a full on staff of hotties working while I shit my brains out for 5 hours. Couldn't have given me some ugly old bitty, no, had to be a complement of somewhat to very attractive 30 somethings.

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

That sucks so bad. (The viral infection, as well as having good looking women watching you shit)

Canada's Vaccine Rollout Has Been A Disaster

For fuck sake - we even have a federal "Procurement Minister" and every day brings more tales of delays and bureaucratic incompetence.Trudeau would be an absolutely incredible press secretary, but as Prime Minister his primary strength seems to be the ability to look concerned and speak in a compassionate voice. Details and governance seem beyond him. Although he did nicely ask Modi in India if he could help us get more vaccines.

By the time they get things rolling here, I'll probably have aged into a higher priority group. Just ridiculous.
Professor Kohler says that instead of "hoarding" vaccines, the Canadian government should have realized months ago that without any domestic manufacturing capability, it would be at the mercy of manufacturers and a fierce global competition for doses.
"Having vaccine sovereignty is critical. Relying on exports for critical health needs doesn't frankly make sense when we're looking at trends of nationalism," she said.
Canada signed a tentative agreement with US vaccine firm Novavax to produce millions of doses of its Covid-19 vaccine candidate at a facility in Montreal. But that production likely won't begin until late this year at the earliest.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

BSF21 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:20 am Had enough yesterday. Called urgent care, said they couldn't help me, referred me to a different urgent care, who said go to the hospital. I said fuck that no way I need to go to the ER.

I went 3 hours later. 2 liters of fluids. Ton of tests. 5 hours of fun. Turns out nothing major so far so it's "unknown viral infection" and told me to drink some water and be on my way.

I did have an EKG. Apparently I have a heart condition that has never been diagnosed so I get to follow up with a cardiologist for that. Come with one problem leave with 2.

Also shoutout to IU hospital last night for having a full on staff of hotties working while I shit my brains out for 5 hours. Couldn't have given me some ugly old bitty, no, had to be a complement of somewhat to very attractive 30 somethings.
Damn, man. Hope you feel better soon. I had a similar experience at Boston University hospital when I was hospitalized with an diagnosable intestinal pain. Med student checking on me was absolutely adorable to hot. She was so kind and attentive I was convinced she was flirting, until I saw my image in the mirror. Also talking about your intestines isn't the best way to attract a woman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"Ha ha if you think my intestines are long and firing stuff out everywhere ..."
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:02 am "Ha ha if you think my intestines are long and firing stuff out everywhere ..."
"My stools are the only soft thing about me."
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

"yeah I've got IBS - I B Slinging...dick!"
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Hopefully nothing too serious up there BSF. Jeez man.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Good luck, BSF.

And lol's all around.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Yeah, good luck, BSF.

Your story about the nurse reminds me of my first colonoscopy. I'm lying there on the gurney before surgery in my flimsy backless smock and I guess I looked nervous, because to my surprise, a very hot nurse put her hand on my hand and smiled at me. I was hoping I wouldn't sport wood.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

This South African variant looks like it is capable of reinfecting people who have already had COVID and vaccines seems to at best to not be as effective against it. I'm starting to buy up some options to short the Dow from April through June because if this thing starts to spread and becomes the primary strain spreading in the US by April, then that will probably sink the economy.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

brian wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:04 pm This South African variant looks like it is capable of reinfecting people who have already had COVID and vaccines seems to at best to not be as effective against it. I'm starting to buy up some options to short the Dow from April through June because if this thing starts to spread and becomes the primary strain spreading in the US by April, then that will probably sink the economy.
Shorting dow seems solid anyway but dunno about south africa logic. Nothing is closed here economically and even if that strain takes hold here I think would be offset by vaccine reductions in death and hospitalization. If they're not stopped now don't see how it gets worse barring some other more serious mutation. Besides Moderna and pfizer seem to work ok against it.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Psychologically if nothing else, a third quarter "return to normal" is priced into the stock markets. Anything that threatens to disrupt that could cause the markets to tank. (And like you said/implied, arguably they're overvalued anyway even if COVID wasn't a thing.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Shoutout to all of those who got action on "BSF caught Giardia in the middle of winter in Indiana during a pandemic where he rarely leaves his own home".

Antibiotics here we come. Guess I'm kinda doing dry February by default.

0/10 would not recommend.

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

BSF21 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:29 pm Shoutout to all of those who got action on "BSF caught Giardia in the middle of winter in Indiana during a pandemic where he rarely leaves his own home".
Holy ... um ... something.

Doesn't that suggest there's some problem with the water system? I assume you haven't been drinking out of any streams lately.

Or do they think this had been dormant for a long time and then just kicked up?
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:33 pm
BSF21 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:29 pm Shoutout to all of those who got action on "BSF caught Giardia in the middle of winter in Indiana during a pandemic where he rarely leaves his own home".

Doesn't that suggest there's some problem with the water system? I assume you haven't been drinking out of any streams lately.

No idea. Just got a call from the hospital that said that's what the poop sample said. I went in Thursday night and ended up getting 2 bags of fluids and a bunch of tests and apparently have to go to the cardiologist now because the EKG showed something weird.

My best guess is I got dog poop on my hand on a walk and transferred it somewhere and it ended up in my tummy somehow? About the only thing that makes sense. We're on city water. Same stuff my wife drinks.

BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

BSF21 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:36 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:33 pm

No idea. Just got a call from the hospital that said that's what the poop sample said. I went in Thursday night and ended up getting 2 bags of fluids and a bunch of tests and apparently have to go to the cardiologist now because the EKG showed something weird.

My best guess is I got dog poop on my hand on a walk and transferred it somewhere and it ended up in my tummy somehow? About the only thing that makes sense. We're on city water. Same stuff my wife drinks.
Broke my fucking iPad last night too. It's been a shit kicker of a week for ol' Blowing Shit Fast (Towards Outhouses)

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Beaver fever. Heh.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You could have just deleted "dog poop how does taste" "does dog poop taste good" and the like from your search history rather than smash the tablet.

(Also feel better. That sounds miserable.)
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Better quit letting the dog lick your face, bud.