The Captain Trips Anxiety thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: The Captain Trips Anxiety thread

Post by A_B »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:04 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:55 pm I'm back at my office for the first time since Mid-March. Its really weird...

And my nice hydroflask coffee mug has disappeared.
Now's your chance to trade office chairs with some guy who is still working from home.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

That's an all timer.

"Good luck finding your chair..."
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:55 pm I'm back at my office for the first time since Mid-March. Its really weird...

Now's your chance to trade office chairs with some guy who is still working from home.
All the chairs are the same, so no advantage there. But the guy in the cubicle next to me has a HUGE monitor (he's legally blind) that I'm thinking of borrowing, temporarily.
serrano
Brandt

Post by serrano »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:48 pm

All the chairs are the same, so no advantage there. But the guy in the cubicle next to me has a HUGE monitor (he's legally blind) that I'm thinking of borrowing, temporarily.
He’ll never see it coming.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

serrano wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:23 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:48 pm

He’ll never see it coming.
Well played...
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

My 2nd to last day doing in-home behavior technician work, the mother has a telehealth conference 90 minutes into my session. The client is coughing a lot and seems a bit off, but isn't able to communicate well. After the telehealth conference, the mother tells me that the doctor recommended a Covid Test, so I left. I wear a KN95 and this family seems to be very careful, and I just had the second dose...but I'm supposed to stay with my mother for the next few nights because she had a knee replacement surgery and has not had any vaccinations.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Flew back home from New Mexico Saturday. I feel great, but I’m getting tested today, just to be sure.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:39 am Flew back home from New Mexico Saturday. I feel great...
It's all the adovada.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

EdRomero wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:34 am My 2nd to last day doing in-home behavior technician work, the mother has a telehealth conference 90 minutes into my session. The client is coughing a lot and seems a bit off, but isn't able to communicate well. After the telehealth conference, the mother tells me that the doctor recommended a Covid Test, so I left. I wear a KN95 and this family seems to be very careful, and I just had the second dose...but I'm supposed to stay with my mother for the next few nights because she had a knee replacement surgery and has not had any vaccinations.
Yikes. Hopefully even if the second dose hasn't fully kicked in yet, you have protection from the first dose.

Speaking of, does anyone know if there's any reliable info about how much protection one gets from having the first dose of a two-dose vaccine? I know several weeks ago there was a flurry of articles suggesting one dose was fine, then there was pushback from the CDC, then I haven't heard or found anything. My wife is stressing out because she has only received the first dose, and now the kids are back at school. And she works in the lunch program, so the kids are all in there eating (and yelling) and obviously not wearing masks.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:17 pm
EdRomero wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:34 am My 2nd to last day doing in-home behavior technician work, the mother has a telehealth conference 90 minutes into my session. The client is coughing a lot and seems a bit off, but isn't able to communicate well. After the telehealth conference, the mother tells me that the doctor recommended a Covid Test, so I left. I wear a KN95 and this family seems to be very careful, and I just had the second dose...but I'm supposed to stay with my mother for the next few nights because she had a knee replacement surgery and has not had any vaccinations.
Yikes. Hopefully even if the second dose hasn't fully kicked in yet, you have protection from the first dose.

Speaking of, does anyone know if there's any reliable info about how much protection one gets from having the first dose of a two-dose vaccine? I know several weeks ago there was a flurry of articles suggesting one dose was fine, then there was pushback from the CDC, then I haven't heard or found anything. My wife is stressing out because she has only received the first dose, and now the kids are back at school. And she works in the lunch program, so the kids are all in there eating (and yelling) and obviously not wearing masks.
Not sure of the %'s, but the argument was more about getting something into more arms rather than 2 doses into presumably 1/2 the arms. I believe the doses are the same, meaning no more or less in either one.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Giff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:12 pm
sancarlos wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:39 am Flew back home from New Mexico Saturday. I feel great...
It's all the adovada.
Funny you say that. We got takeout twice in New Mexico - once I got carne adovada enchiladas, and once I got a green chile cheeseburger. The other nights, my mother made us some really great meals. I was stuffed the whole time I was there. Made up for having to listen to a bit of unwelcome political ranting by my father.

Got my covid test this morning and I'm supposed to get my results Friday or Saturday.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Wife got the second dose today. Hopefully she ends up on the good side of the side effects.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:01 pm
Giff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:12 pm
It's all the adovada.
Funny you say that. We got takeout twice in New Mexico - once I got carne adovada enchiladas, and once I got a green chile cheeseburger. The other nights, my mother made us some really great meals. I was stuffed the whole time I was there. Made up for having to listen to a bit of unwelcome political ranting by my father.

Got my covid test this morning and I'm supposed to get my results Friday or Saturday.
I'm jealous. We have a chef in the neighborhood who is going to try to make some for me. Glad you had at least a delicious time!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ironically it's gonna be harder for me to get New Mexican food here than in Vegas, so there's that...
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

brian wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:26 pm Ironically it's gonna be harder for me to get New Mexican food here than in Vegas, so there's that...
We're actually going next month and I'm hoping we can land at 6:30, get rent car, and make it to Carlito's by 8.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

A_B wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:51 pm Wife got the second dose today. Hopefully she ends up on the good side of the side effects.
Narrator: she did not.

Fever and chills all night. Went to bed at 8 tonight. No work today. Not sure about tomorrow.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I had no side effects at all from the second dose. Also, client tested negative. Now I just have the anxiety of starting another new job.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

A_B wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:15 pm
A_B wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:51 pm Wife got the second dose today. Hopefully she ends up on the good side of the side effects.

Fever and chills all night. Went to bed at 8 tonight. No work today. Not sure about tomorrow.
Shit. How long is that supposed to last?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:45 pm
A_B wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:15 pm

Shit. How long is that supposed to last?
She felt good enough to go to work this morning. But some co workers called in with same symptoms and are off today.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

About three or four of my friends had those symptoms last for about 48 hours after the second shot.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

brian wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:02 am About three or four of my friends had those symptoms last for about 48 hours after the second shot.
That's my scuttlebutt. First one no prob, second one can be a rough 24-48 but everyone I know has come out of it fine after that.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Wife could barely get out of bed this morning. No chills or anything, just sore and tired.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

rass wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:13 am Wife could barely get out of bed this morning. No chills or anything, just sore and tired.
Stop bragging
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

EdRomero wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:37 am
rass wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:13 am Wife could barely get out of bed this morning. No chills or anything, just sore and tired.
Stop bragging
I mean, seriously. Rass with the humble-brag.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Unlike previous second doses, my wife didn't enjoy this one either.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Lol.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Coworkers elderly father passed away from COVID-19 this morning. First person I am close with who has lost someone due to this shit. Her mother has it also and I expect will be following her dad shortly, from COVID-19 and sadness. They were an adorable old couple who have been together for 70+ years. My coworker had to say goodbye through a zoom call because she was terrified to go to the hospital and bring it home to her family including her son with autism who has a number of other medical conditions.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

bfj wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:21 pm Coworkers elderly father passed away from COVID-19 this morning. First person I am close with who has lost someone due to this shit. Her mother has it also and I expect will be following her dad shortly, from COVID-19 and sadness. They were an adorable old couple who have been together for 70+ years. My coworker had to say goodbye through a zoom call because she was terrified to go to the hospital and bring it home to her family including her son with autism who has a number of other medical conditions.
Dude. I’m sorry.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Yeah. Very sorry, man.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Sorry to hear, bfj.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Sorry man.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Sorry, bfj
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

bfj wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:21 pm Coworkers elderly father passed away from COVID-19 this morning. First person I am close with who has lost someone due to this shit. Her mother has it also and I expect will be following her dad shortly, from COVID-19 and sadness. They were an adorable old couple who have been together for 70+ years. My coworker had to say goodbye through a zoom call because she was terrified to go to the hospital and bring it home to her family including her son with autism who has a number of other medical conditions.
Damn...just terrible all around. Sorry, bfj...
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

You all are the best. I’m ok. Figures that with 400k+ dead it would hit home at some point. I feel bad for my friend and her whole family.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

bfj wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:28 pm You all are the best. I’m ok. Figures that with 400k+ dead it would hit home at some point. I feel bad for my friend and her whole family.
If it helps, BFJ, I am willing to take the Jeruslam in our upcoming match, but I am still kicking out of the pin on two.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:13 am
bfj wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:28 pm You all are the best. I’m ok. Figures that with 400k+ dead it would hit home at some point. I feel bad for my friend and her whole family.
If it helps, BFJ, I am willing to take the Jeruslam in our upcoming match, but I am still kicking out of the pin on two.
Probably at 2.9.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Got word yesterday that the father of a guy I've been friends with since I was 5 died from COVID yesterday. He was the manager of my travel soccer team, and one of the couples that my parents travel with every year. He went to the hospital a couple days ago, my mother told me yesterday morning that they finally got his oxygen levels up and he was breathing better, then I got a text from another friend that he passed. Just kind of numb. I don't think I've seen him in 15 years since my wedding (though I've seen his wife several times, he used to travel for months at a time for his job), and he didn't look the picture of health in some pictures my parents showed me from their travels. When I heard he was going to the hospital, I knew his chances probably weren't good. His wife is positive, but barely symptomatic, my friend has been really sick for 5 days, but not hospital-level. Friends wife and one of his kids are positive and asymptomatic. Friend's sister and her entire family were also visiting at the same time, and they all tested negative. So weird how this disease works.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I’m sorry, Syb. That’s really sad.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

So sorry - that's terrible news,
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

So sorry Syb.