SWAMPCRASH 2020 - CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Re: SWAMPCRASH 2020 - CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post by HaulCitgo »

But that's crazy talk. Isiah had a way way way better career. Two time all American seems pretty standard for a great player that stays in school four years. 7x all star probably low for Hof types. Points impressive. Moreso the career length and perseverance through injuries probably the most impressive. Still he's low on achievements and overall game really post Detroit.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Hill's top basketball ref comp is Chris Mullin and the eyeball test back and forth looks about right.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

At the time he retired, Isiah Thomas was easily one of the top five point guards to ever play the game of basketball, so his HOF candidacy is without question. Suggesting otherwise is insanity. (Also don't forget he retired at age 32).
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Pfft, he couldn't even make the Dream Team.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:10 am Hill's top basketball ref comp is Chris Mullin and the eyeball test back and forth looks about right.
That just sounds crazy when you imagine the two of them actually playing basketball.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Of course Isiah should be in the Hall. That's not the point at all. If you are looking at only NBA stats, Hill and Thomas have roughly comparable career totals, accounting for height and all of the stat differences you would expect that to affect. And Hill had slightly better career advanced stats across the board. So did Dream Teamer Chris Mullin, for that matter. And all of those guys have better numbers than Dumars or Dave Bing. I get it, Isiah was the face of a 2-time NBA champion, Hill was not. But if you make the Hall too much about popular players on title teams, you would get guys like Bill Bradley in it wait what?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

[Tony Perez likes this comment]
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:38 pm [Tony Perez likes this comment]
Hey, his #1 comp is Hall of Famer Harold Baines, step off.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Tony Perez had a lower fangraphs oWAR than Keith Hernandez in 2,000 more PAs. He deserves more credit for being one of the least worthy modern era HoFers.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Rex wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:07 pm Of course Isiah should be in the Hall. That's not the point at all. If you are looking at only NBA stats, Hill and Thomas have roughly comparable career totals, accounting for height and all of the stat differences you would expect that to affect. And Hill had slightly better career advanced stats across the board. So did Dream Teamer Chris Mullin, for that matter. And all of those guys have better numbers than Dumars or Dave Bing. I get it, Isiah was the face of a 2-time NBA champion, Hill was not. But if you make the Hall too much about popular players on title teams, you would get guys like Bill Bradley in it wait what?
Mullin's #1 comparable was my wrong answer...
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."