NFL Week 3

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 3

Post by Gunpowder »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:43 pm Hey, SL, have you reassessed this view, yet?
Gunpowder wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:33 pm I know young QBs get better but Herbert is like 100x worse than his stats suggest so far.
Gunpowder wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:20 pm Justin Herbert is a meltdown waiting to happen.

Yes, he only made like one dicey throw last week. IMO he's gotten leaps and bounds better with the ball placement. I actually thought some of the short crossing patterns yesterday (one to Hunter Henry sticks out in the 4th Q) were really impressive.

The Chargers are getting way too much mileage out of short throws, but part of that is almost certainly related to Herbert being able to gash you over the top. I still thought that it was mostly easy 3 yard throws against Tampa, with just enough deep shots mixed in to put up big first half pts but once Tampa tightened that up he just putzed around for much of the 2nd half. Yesterday though he was realllly good.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 3

Post by Gunpowder »

Between Herbert and Josh Allen I just have to assume that QBs can dick around in college all they want as long as they have rocket laser arms.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse