NFL Week 7

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 7

Post by DSafetyGuy »

BSF21 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:31 am I've been saying it for weeks, the Bears are the biggest frauds in the NFL based on record. They're not a good football team.
Same, only I had to evolve in that I thought they sucked before the season started and they were yet to inflate their record by beating teams coached by Patricia, Judge, and Quinn. Their win over Tampa Bay was based on getting early pressure on a fraidy-cat 43-year-old QB on a short week.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I have the Bears as the best passing D in the NFL right now but holy shit are they averse to tackling.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Gunpowder wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:51 am I have the Bears as the best passing D in the NFL right now but holy shit are they averse to tackling.
Danny Trevathan is washed. Good thing they opted to sign him for his age 30-32 years in March to a three-year contract with over $13.6 million guaranteed with nearly a $9 million in dead money if they cut him before the final season. I mean, it was either him or Nick Kwiatkowski, who is three years younger and signed a similar overall deal (three for $21 million) with the Raiders, but on much team-friendlier terms, including an option for 2022 with zero dead money.

Their DBs are not particularly physical except for Kyle Fuller. He will hit guys and give up his body to make tackles. The other DBs, I couldn't say for certain, but I can also see scenarios where Jaylon Johnson (rookie CB) protects his surgically-repaired shoulder.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”