The WH Transition Thread --- all things Trump to Biden until Inauguration

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

L-Jam3
The Dude

Re: The WH Transition Thread --- all things Trump to Biden until Inauguration

Post by L-Jam3 »

I would tell them to get fucked, but maybe that’s just a Boston thing.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:12 pm I got accused of wanting a participation trophy because I can't accept trump's victory. Still chewing on that one.
Do they not give stickers in Colorado?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

A_B wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:43 pm
P.D.X. wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:12 pm I got accused of wanting a participation trophy because I can't accept trump's victory. Still chewing on that one.
Do they not give stickers in Colorado?
Actually no (i don't think). Wrecks my social media game.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

brian wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:55 pm Feinstein forced out as head of Judiciary Committee for Dems.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Maybe 87 year olds shouldn't be in Congress.

Hopefully Gavin Newsom gets to appoint 2 senators next year. I wonder which non-progressive, holier than thou, do as I say not as I do Democrats he'll choose.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Coming from Utah this made me smile. Good on both these guys.

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Someone is gonna get killed...

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Given the Texas suit absurdity they has been joined by 18 other Republican leaning states, it should be clear now that we are in a Cold War version of a civil war.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:21 am Given the Texas suit absurdity they has been joined by 18 other Republican leaning states, it should be clear now that we are in a Cold War version of a civil war.
On the plus side, enlightened states can sue Texas when they try to mandate Christian beliefs be taught in science classes, and sue to make Texas regulate people keeping Tigers in their homes, and ooohhh, lets sue Texas because we disagree with their gun laws! They are willing to open up complete chaos in the name of Trump.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:21 am Given the Texas suit absurdity they has been joined by 18 other Republican leaning states, it should be clear now that we are in a Cold War version of a civil war.
More from shit like this

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:50 am
On the plus side, enlightened states can sue Texas when they try to mandate Christian beliefs be taught in science classes, and sue to make Texas regulate people keeping Tigers in their homes, and ooohhh, lets sue Texas because we disagree with their gun laws! They are willing to open up complete chaos in the name of Trump.
If the left were smart, someone would already have filed that suit. But we don’t admit yet we are in a Cold War.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its more important to prove you're the bigger person than to win or even try.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:42 am Its more important to prove you're the bigger person than to win or even try.
I believe there is a very, very inspiring phase for this. Michelle Obama taught it to me, but I'm drawing a blank right now.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

As I was looking for the Supreme Court pleadings on this latest suit, I saw that Texas already has a Supreme Court lawsuit pending against California because California won't approve state government-sponsored travel to places that discriminate against LGBTQ, including Texas.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:47 am
As I was looking for the Supreme Court pleadings on this latest suit, I saw that Texas already has a Supreme Court lawsuit pending against California because California won't approve state government-sponsored travel to places that discriminate against LGBTQ, including Texas.
So when the civil cold war happens, how much damage can be done with financial consequences such as the one California did with LGBTQ discrimination? For example, if California and New York said we're not doing business with those 17 states that filed the lawsuit because you're trying to destroy democracy.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I was kind of curious about this path, especially with regards to federal taxes. You know if red states were the payers and not the takers this would already be a pretty big thing.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

EdRomero wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:01 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:47 am
So when the civil cold war happens, how much damage can be done with financial consequences such as the one California did with LGBTQ discrimination? For example, if California and New York said we're not doing business with those 17 states that filed the lawsuit because you're trying to destroy democracy.
Good question. I don't know how far states can go down this road. The Constitution gives Congress the power to regulate Commerce among the several States. This has been read to be an *exclusive* power and to prevent states from unduly discriminating against out-of-state businesses. As I recall it from my first-year Con Law class thirty-plus years ago, it's a mess of an area.

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dormant_Commerce_Clause
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:06 pm I was kind of curious about this path, especially with regards to federal taxes. You know if red states were the payers and not the takers this would already be a pretty big thing.
One problem is that most of the federal taxes aren't being paid by the blue states themselves, but by individuals and businesses in those states. And of course folks on the left side of the spectrum usually aren't in favor of starving the federal government of funds.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

What if we make our economy even more based around All-Star Games?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:28 pm
mister d wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:06 pm I was kind of curious about this path, especially with regards to federal taxes. You know if red states were the payers and not the takers this would already be a pretty big thing.
One problem is that most of the federal taxes aren't being paid by the blue states themselves, but by individuals and businesses in those states. And of course folks on the left side of the spectrum usually aren't in favor of starving the federal government of funds.
Yeah, and obviously not now under Biden, but more of a future looking thing if states start battling nonstop.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The progressives hate this pick:

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Anyone who is upset can only be upset if they can tell you who Trump's Secretary of Agriculture is without looking it up.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

brian wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:18 pm Anyone who is upset can only be upset if they can tell you who Trump's Secretary of Agriculture is without looking it up.
That's not how this works.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I guess I just don’t see the point in getting in a lather about not every Cabinet position being filled by the perfect progressive. There’s still an element of patronage in national electoral politics and always will be.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

brian wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:18 pm Anyone who is upset can only be upset if they can tell you who Trump's Secretary of Agriculture is without looking it up.
Sonny Perdue!

But I have no complaints. I'll trade with someone

What am I thinking. I'll forfeit my right to the state.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Would have been ok if they didn’t pick an AG Sec who will piss off large swaths of Wisconsin, but , whatevs.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"You can only be upset the Lions coach was a rapist if you can name their whole offensive line."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Okay, the first paragraph of Pennsylvania's response to the Texas Supreme Court lawsuit is pretty satisfying to read.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/ ... .FINAL.pdf
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

"The Court should not abide this seditious abuse of the judicial process, and should send a clear and unmistakable signal that such abuse must never be replicated."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

For you lexicography nerds: "Texas now turns to this Court to overturn the election results of more than 10% of the country. Texas literally seeks to decimate the electorate of the United States."
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

No f-bombs? I guess Western PA controls the AG’s office.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Hot damn. Dropping Daubert on them.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

I sense the swamplaywer contingent is getting a judici-stiffy?
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:45 pm Hot damn. Dropping Daubert on them.
Yeah. I'm trying to figure out a way to ask my Attorney General if he vouches for the expert analysis that "supports" the Texas complaint. What in the actual ever-loving fuck.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

BSF21 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:50 pm I sense the swamplaywer contingent is getting a judici-stiffy?
Way ahead of you. I'm already smoking a cigarette.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:35 pm For you lexicography nerds: "Texas now turns to this Court to overturn the election results of more than 10% of the country. Texas literally seeks to decimate the electorate of the United States."
oooh, they used 'decimate' correctly
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I'll concede more to 'both sides are the same' when dems vote 100% in lockstep to push through Biden's shitty cabinet picks. The nominations themselves don't really prove much.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:01 pm I'll concede more to 'both sides are the same' when dems vote 100% in lockstep to push through Biden's shitty cabinet picks. The nominations themselves don't really prove much.
Also a good point.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'll file this one away.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

BSF21 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:50 pm I sense the swamplaywer contingent is getting a judici-stiffy?
Two cigarettes.