To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Post by A_B »

So it looks like they stopped trading DJT for a bit, which may have been why your shorts may have not been accepted.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:39 pm
Johnnie wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:37 am This $DJT shit looks so pump and dump-y. But you can do anything when you're powerful. 🤷‍♂️
From what I heard on Pod Save, he can't sell for 30 days unless approved by the Board, which is comprised of his kids and Linda McMahon, and they can approve an earlier sale. I'm sure they will do the right thing and hold him accountable...
I believe it’s six months actually which may be just enough time for the bubble to burst before he can cash out.

The other hilarious thing is that if it does maintain value you know he’s cashing out ASAP and THAT will pull the whole house down. Right before the election. This is times as a real Sophie’s Choice moment for him potentially. He can cash in billions in September/October but risk losing the election (and going to jail bc Jan 6 trial?) by doing so.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Only variable is if his voting bloc would care.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I haven't talked about trump with my trump-supporting parts of the family in a while. Luckily I think we're down to 3 (my mom, my brother and sister-in-law) who are all very religious and I'm debating breaking that streak to ask them how they can reconcile this latest Bible stunt with their faith? It's a question I've been asking for years, but I don't think he's been as blatantly sacrilegious as he has with saying he only endorses that Bible. Come on.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:38 am I haven't talked about trump with my trump-supporting parts of the family in a while. Luckily I think we're down to 3 (my mom, my brother and sister-in-law) who are all very religious and I'm debating breaking that streak to ask them how they can reconcile this latest Bible stunt with their faith? It's a question I've been asking for years, but I don't think he's been as blatantly sacrilegious as he has with saying he only endorses that Bible. Come on.
"Second greatest book ever after The Art of the Deal!" My guess, they praise Trump for promoting the Bible and spreading the word. I heard the King Trump Bible includes Lee Greenwood lyrics, as God intended.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I found out that I am not yet authorized for options on my new Schwab account. (I had a TD Ameritrade account, but since they were required by Schwab, I have to start over on my authorizations.)

So now I have to wait for that to go through before I get to buy some puts on DJT. (Thanks for the idea, Chedda.)
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Good news for the serious investor!

Trump is further tanking DJT by issuing more shares
Canadian International
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Did he like... short his own stock?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

P.D.X. wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:46 pm Did he like... short his own stock?
God, I hope so.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Pruitt IV wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:43 pm Good news for the serious investor!

Can’t understand why anybody, even his true believers, would buy his stock at this point. He got his approval to sell his own shares, plus he plans too dilute the ownership even further. It’s a falling knife that nobody ought to try to catch. The only thing keeping the price afloat now are the morons who love him and don’t understand how this works. I got in a little Twitter pissing match with one of them. I should be more mature than that, but it did feel good to mock the guy.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:02 pm
Pruitt IV wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:43 pm Good news for the serious investor!

Can’t understand why anybody, even his true believers, would buy his stock at this point. He got his approval to sell his own shares, plus he plans too dilute the ownership even further. It’s a falling knife that nobody ought to try to catch. The only thing keeping the price afloat now are the morons who love him and don’t understand how this works. I got in a little Twitter pissing match with one of them. I should be more mature than that, but it did feel good to mock the guy.
WaPost Had An Amusing Article About The Investors

Fools. Money. Etc.
“I know good and well it’s in Trump’s hands, and he’s got plans,” he said. “I have no doubt it’s going to explode sometime.”
The user @manofpeace123, who said they bought shares at $65 and that 71 percent of their portfolio was DJT stock, said on Wednesday that investing was a way of telling Trump, “I believe in you and I stand with you through good times and bad.”
Canadian International
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Let's hope the Fox News and Truth Social assholes get canned:

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Pecker being the first witness is a little on the nose.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Doesn't that chart mean that they are on the jury? Unless something comes up and they have to be excused?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

At least the Fox News juror also says they get news from MSNBC and NYT. That's a spectrum for sure.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Yeah so how did a juror get on there whose sole news source is owned by the defendant? Deal made between the legal teams?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

P.D.X. wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:13 pm Yeah so how did a juror get on there whose sole news source is owned by the defendant? Deal made between the legal teams?
Prosecution could have been out of strikes (that isn't the word, so we'll never know on this board)
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

A_B wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:16 pm
P.D.X. wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:13 pm Yeah so how did a juror get on there whose sole news source is owned by the defendant? Deal made between the legal teams?
Prosecution could have been out of strikes (that isn't the word, so we'll never know on this board)
The only thing that makes sense to me is that the next jurors on the list were even worse for the prosecutors so they had to take their chances with this one.

Though I wonder if they tried to strike that one for cause, since as PDX says, she gets all of her news from the person who's on trial.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Not to be a dick, but that juror also lists X as a source of news, which mitigates things in my mind.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:43 pm Not to be a dick, but that juror also lists X as a source of news, which mitigates things in my mind.
X and Truth Social. Fantastic.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Did the parties have access to the prospective jurors' social media identities? I seem to recall some stuff last week about tweets from certain jurors. If the prosecutors could review that juror's feed, they might have been comfortable enough that he or she wasn't completely insane, just the basic stupidity that leads so many people to value "hearing from both sides".
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'm curious how there are 2 lawyers who don't pay attention to politics or government. How can you be a lawyer and not pay attention to where the laws come from?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Jerloma wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:15 pm I'm curious how there are 2 lawyers who don't pay attention to politics or government. How can you be a lawyer and not pay attention to where the laws come from?
They're the only ones that would work for Trump! HEY O!
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:53 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:43 pm Not to be a dick, but that juror also lists X as a source of news, which mitigates things in my mind.
X and Truth Social. Fantastic.
the truth social thing is getting way blown out of proportion
Juror No 2
Juror No 2 is a married man who works in investment banking. He has an MBA in finance. He described himself as someone who “reads basically everything” and said that while he doesn’t hold any strong beliefs or opinions, he does follow the news and sees Trump’s Truth Social posts via Twitter. He told the court that he had not read any of Trump’s books, but had seen quotes from The Art of the Deal.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Jerloma wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:15 pm I'm curious how there are 2 lawyers who don't pay attention to politics or government. How can you be a lawyer and not pay attention to where the laws come from?
I guess they're too busy working?

Realistically, it probably depends a lot on what type of work the lawyer does. For me, it's rare that a new statute affects anything I do in litigation. Especially federal statutes. But someone working in employment law or environmental law or tax would have to be way more on top of what's going on.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

All 11 fake electors in Arizona indicted.

We got him!
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God