To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Post by Johnnie »

I happened to watch that episode of Klepper's show the other day and was pleasantly surprised to see him being interviewed.

I remember that day at Kirtland AFB too. It was my birthday when Mango Mussolini decided to go to Rio Rancho and give a speech to his fucking cult followers. The entire base and the city shut down. Highways cleared, chopper support, everything. The one cool thing was that I got to help load the C-17 that had the Beast limos. That was neat.

But Tim Keller is awesome. And since he kinda looks like Erik Eckhart, his Halloween costume every year is Two Face.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

You guys with all your fancy music festivals....well, here's the only one that matters!

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Can I sue these bastards over misappropriating my name? (Frank)
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:34 pm Can I sue these bastards over misappropriating my name? (Frank)
Yes...yes you can.

I don't know what is the more disturbing thing on that poster...the 'no coolers'? (In Wisconsin? Are you kidding me?). That 'Sheriff' Clarke still goes by 'Sheriff', even though he hasn't been an actual Sheriff in years? That Diamond and Silk are still a thing?

Or...is it that Dinesh D'Souza has a daughter who's taking over the family business of being a conservative Maga-Grifter? And did you know...according to the Google machine, she's actually got acting credits to her name? And they are all from her being in her father's insane conspiracy theory movies?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Pretty sure "no coolers" is the entire grift here.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I'm still enjoying that Pru had to clarify that his name isn't 'Maga'.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Good lord. How much self-loathing would one need to fuck Dinesh D'Souza?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

L-Jam3 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:30 pm Good lord. How much self-loathing would one need to fuck Dinesh D'Souza?
Ask Laura Ingraham or Ann Coulter (he dated both of them...not at the same time, I hope)
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:24 pm
L-Jam3 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:30 pm Good lord. How much self-loathing would one need to fuck Dinesh D'Souza?
Ask Laura Ingraham or Ann Coulter (he dated both of them...not at the same time, I hope)
I'm going to assume several forms of birth control were used to keep things "pure".
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Not getting my hopes up.

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

That Trump-blog that was going to be such a game-changer?

Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

Guess the free trial period is up
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Baloney wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:40 am Guess the free trial period is up
How times change...

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

In the book, Bender reports that Trump wanted Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, to take charge of a “scorched-earth military campaign” to squash the protests. In the White House’s Situation Room, Milley reportedly told Trump that he legally couldn’t take charge of the strategy, causing Trump to scream: “I said you’re in fucking charge!” Milley then shouted back: “Well, I’m not in charge!” Trump then bellowed: “You can’t fucking talk to me like that!” An exasperated Milley then appealed to others at the meeting: “Goddamnit... There’s a room full of lawyers here. Will someone inform him of my legal responsibilities?” Then-Attorney General Bill Barr reportedly told Trump that Milley was correct.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I'm a little pessimistic much will come out of this. The hope was Weisselberg would flip when they threatened him and potentially his son with criminal charges. While the media has been going nuts with this, I've heard several former prosecutors saying the charges against Weisselberg could likely carry very minimal sentences, potentially less than a year, and Trump has leverage and could do much worse to him. Unless Trump or his kids are behind bars, the base will chalk this up as a with hunt. Fuck, even if Trump and this kids are all behind bars they will say its proof of a witch hunt. Not sure the base matters anymore, but I do still fear Trump maintains support and runs again in 2024. I'd say it wasn't likely, but the odds of him winning in 2016 were much lower, and I don't put anything past his cult. As for the Trump Org, you can't do much against a corp criminally, and he can probably form a new corporation and get around most of the sanctions.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:38 am I'm a little pessimistic much will come out of this. The hope was Weisselberg would flip when they threatened him and potentially his son with criminal charges. While the media has been going nuts with this, I've heard several former prosecutors saying the charges against Weisselberg could likely carry very minimal sentences, potentially less than a year, and Trump has leverage and could do much worse to him. Unless Trump or his kids are behind bars, the base will chalk this up as a with hunt. Fuck, even if Trump and this kids are all behind bars they will say its proof of a witch hunt. Not sure the base matters anymore, but I do still fear Trump maintains support and runs again in 2024. I'd say it wasn't likely, but the odds of him winning in 2016 were much lower, and I don't put anything past his cult. As for the Trump Org, you can't do much against a corp criminally, and he can probably form a new corporation and get around most of the sanctions.
So, don't prosecute crimes?
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:51 am
The Sybian wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:38 am I'm a little pessimistic much will come out of this. The hope was Weisselberg would flip when they threatened him and potentially his son with criminal charges. While the media has been going nuts with this, I've heard several former prosecutors saying the charges against Weisselberg could likely carry very minimal sentences, potentially less than a year, and Trump has leverage and could do much worse to him. Unless Trump or his kids are behind bars, the base will chalk this up as a with hunt. Fuck, even if Trump and this kids are all behind bars they will say its proof of a witch hunt. Not sure the base matters anymore, but I do still fear Trump maintains support and runs again in 2024. I'd say it wasn't likely, but the odds of him winning in 2016 were much lower, and I don't put anything past his cult. As for the Trump Org, you can't do much against a corp criminally, and he can probably form a new corporation and get around most of the sanctions.
So, don't prosecute crimes?
Of course they should prosecute this, I'm just tempering expectations. I've seen a lot in the media touting this as finally bringing Trump down, the beginning of the end, Ivanka committed perjury and will be indicted next... Fuck, I'd love for any of that to come true, but I think the result here is likely Weisselberg serving 6 months, and some sanctions against the corporation that Trump weasels his way out of virtually unscathed.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

He'll claim ignorance and throw whoever under the bus he needs to throw. Because that's what truly great leaders do: they have no idea what's going on in their companies and people are expendable.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I with Syb on this one. I feel like if you've been investigating Trump and all you are showing so far is that they didn't pay taxes on $1.7MM, then either (a) you did a really shitty investigation, or (b) Trump hid his crimes really, really well. And I don't see (b) being the case because Trump's a fucking moron.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:51 pm I with Syb on this one. I feel like if you've been investigating Trump and all you are showing so far is that they didn't pay taxes on $1.7MM, then either (a) you did a really shitty investigation, or (b) Trump hid his crimes really, really well. And I don't see (b) being the case because Trump's a fucking moron.
My understanding is that there is a fuckton of easy to identify crimes, but they have to prove state of mind, that Trump KNEW he was violating the law. The problem with Trump is that he doesn't use email, so nothing is in writing, and he uses the mafia speak to avoid showing knowledge. As stupid and transparent as it is, prosecutors can't prove knowledge beyond a reasonable doubt. The prosecutors wanted to scare Weisselberg into providing evidence of Trump's knowledge, but he refused to cave. I hate that so many people show loyalty to Trump when they have to know he has no capacity to loyalty for anyone else. Yet he manages to fool everyone into thinking he will somehow be loyal to them despite his history.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I am feeling a way about this:

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Knock me over with a feather.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:27 am Knock me over with a feather.
I mean...(mentally bumps a fuckton of posts from you and me back in October - December of 2016 etc).
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

It's the old double cross to the double cross, though!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Maybe this will be what sinks him.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Wonder what Nate thinks of this. He kind of disappeared somehow after Trump lost. Weird.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Looks like tomorrow is the 4 month anniversary of his last post : (
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

If you had any inkling of the power of weaponized misinformation (and how social media was ripe for exploitation), the bad actors on the cyber warfare front(s), then 2016 was at best a mild surprise...but it should always have been met with a "what took you so long."
Noli Timere Messorem
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Don't imagine we're gonna get any mea culpa's from JoeK either.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

brian wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:19 am Don't imagine we're gonna get any mea culpa's from JoeK either.
Nope.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Pretty sure Nate left because of all the (deserved) shit he was taking, not because Trump won. Don’t miss him.

I’m more surprised that JoeK left. I thought he added some worthwhile input to our conversations.

ETA: Big oops! I meant because Trump LOST!
Last edited by sancarlos on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:15 pm Pretty sure Nate left because of all the (deserved) shit he was taking, not because Trump won. Don’t miss him.

I’m more surprised that JoeK left. I thought he added some worthwhile input to our conversations.
#BigLie
Noli Timere Messorem
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Oh, fuck!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I just cannot believe for the life of me how hard lefties like Kulinski and Ball call the Russia collusion a hoax and use Taibbi to prove it.

And not for nothing, and I'll always bring this up, on the 4th of July in 2018 8 Republican Senators went to Russia for some dumb reason.

And then shortly afterward, Rand Paul went to Russia too.

I just don't get it. Who the hell in the government, now that we have a better one, is in charge of investigating this? I'll get scrutinized if I'm not getting security briefings going on foreign travel, but yet....
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Far greater fear of action than inaction + lots of people they consider buddies on the other side = No ramifications
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:24 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:27 am Knock me over with a feather.
I mean...(mentally bumps a fuckton of posts from you and me back in October - December of 2016 etc).
I had to check out of a lot that... it was becoming maddening.

Occam's razor and all that...
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

brian wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:19 am Don't imagine we're gonna get any mea culpa's from JoeK either.
Smart guy, which was the maddening part.