Ladies and gentlemen…

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

Ladies and gentlemen…

Post by rass »

Beautiful first Friday of fall here.

Was driving one the kids to a friend’s house so they can go to the HS football game later (U vs Elizabeth) and came across Everybody's Working for the Weekend on SXM Classic Rewind and that went directly into Feel Like a Number by Seger and think I got a spontaneous beer buzz.

Wanted to walk up the street and have drinks and dinner but the restaurant we’d go to was pretty packed when I drove by and seemed like all of the outdoor seating was full.

One kid has a XC meet tomorrow and the other a soccer game on Sunday. In between my wife and I have a wedding to go to for one of her coworkers (one she really likes). It starts at noon, and because the family is Muslim and half of them disapprove of alcohol and the other half are alcoholics, it’ll be dry. But the food is supposed to be great at this place and I like her coworkers for the most part so should be fun. We plan on going out with a group afterwards to find a place to see Rutgers stun UM (my wife’s boss is a huge Rutgers football fan).

What’s up with you?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: Ladies and gentlemen…

Post by govmentchedda »

Driving the older two to scout camp so they can work on a few merit badges. [Orange]They're real stoked to be doing that.[/orange] Heading out on a boat tomorrow afternoon with the youngest. Need to make sure I don't forget my flippy floppies. Next weekend is the big local music festival that's been postponed since COVID. Nas headlining, Sylvan Esso right before that, and Preservation Hall Jazz Band on Sunday.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Going to a bad high school football game, to watch my daughter do the cheerleader thing. And, since it's the 'Senior Night' for the cheer squad, I get to walk out on the field with my ex. Yay for awkwardness!

And then going out for a birthday dinner at this place: Flint Creek. First time really going out to a nice restaurant since pre-Covid. I think I'm going to tuck my shirt in for the first time in 18 months!

Rest of the weekend: House/yard stuff. A never ending task.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Nice!

I also have a music festival on dock for next weekend, but a small, folky one. Details to come next weekend if I remember. It will be back in the town where I grew up, which is hosting a much bigger festival this weekend.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Nice was for chedds.

But happy birthday DiS and enjoy dinner.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I’m not telling.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Should be a beautiful evening out here.

My buddy whose wife recently died is coming over for dinner (grilling porterhouses, with corn on the cobb, salad, and copious beers.) Bringing his sons (one a former Boston College football player and the other a former Colorado State rugby player), and one son’s girlfriend. Gonna need lots of food. And, oh yeah, also the girlfriend‘s 160 pound, enormous Great Dane. My 13 year-old, 50-pound dog is in for a surprise.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Oh, and:

A Manhattan
The olives and the sour dough
Chicken or the hangar steak depending on when I last had beef
Maybe one of the bourbon night caps
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That list was for DiS.

SC, any chance you can get the beer pig to come by and get some pics with the Great Dane.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:35 pm That list was for DiS.

SC, any chance you can get the beer pig to come by and get some pics with the Great Dane.
Funny you say that. The guy coming over is the one whose son has the pig. And the Great Dane and the pig are both staying at his place right now! I’ll try to get a picture of them together but it might be hard because they keep them apart in case they don’t get on well. Luckily the pig isn’t coming over with the group tonight.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That’s some bullshit doing your old drinking buddy like that…
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I watched football last night

I am watching football tonight

I will watch football tomorrow

I will watch football (and cars going in circles) on Sunday
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Up in NE Ohio visiting Q for parents weekend. Didn’t do this last year because…(waves hand at all everything). Got to see him sing with Wooster chorus for first time and first time we’ve heard him in a choir since before…you know. It was emotional in a good way. Did I cry a bit? I did. Long long applause when they were done with their set. First time everyone there had heard their child sing in about 19 months. Tomorrow, soccer and football games to watch, meet some of his friends and frat brothers, and then make the drive home and be back for Sunday to watch bengals find a new way to lose to the steelers in Heinz.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Someone needs a job
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Dammit that was for bronto!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

rass wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:33 pm Dammit that was for bronto!
No, no, it’s ok. I admired the total Jersey-ness of that…
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

But let’s hope on Sunday.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

rass wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:36 pm But let’s hope on Sunday.
I think you are safe. 1-14 in last 15 there I think? Going great!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Ended up at the place up the street and got my olives and bread (Portuguese rolls, not sour dough).

B6EB505F-AA02-4B8B-99AE-10AA80464469.jpeg
B6EB505F-AA02-4B8B-99AE-10AA80464469.jpeg (49.77 KiB) Viewed 774 times
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The delivery and shrug on "The Weeknd" is my favorite part.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Daughter just played her first middle school soccer game (I'll detail in the Tammany thread), son has X-country meet in the morning, which I need to drop him off at school at 6:45 am to catch the bus. Daughter has two club soccer games this weekend, and if I'm lucky, I get to break out the power washer on Sunday!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Might add in a walking session with my bud. I'm bringing some bud as well.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
serrano
Brandt

Post by serrano »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:10 pm Daughter just played her first middle school soccer game (I'll detail in the Tammany thread), son has X-country meet in the morning, which I need to drop him off at school at 6:45 am to catch the bus. Daughter has two club soccer games this weekend, and if I'm lucky, I get to break out the power washer on Sunday!
Twinsies. I’m power washing tomorrow, too. And watching my mother-in-law’s teacup poodle tomorrow night. But should enjoy the weekend with the Ryder Cup, football, and a good curb-stomping of the Buccos. GO FUCK YOURSELF, RASS.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Watching the alma mater play Army tomorrow then heading out to a couple of local Oktoberfest celebrations as it is my favorite time of year.

Following up with the usual Sunday punishment i.e. Bengals football.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Just got back from Roselle Park for a Kid A softball game, in an hour or so (I hope) pick up my uncle from EWR, then 9:30 soccer for Kid B and back in Roselle Park by 3:00 for another Kid A softball game. I am the busiest man alive.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
serrano
Brandt

Post by serrano »

mister d wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:05 pm Just got back from Roselle Park for a Kid A softball game, in an hour or so (I hope) pick up my uncle from EWR, then 9:30 soccer for Kid B and back in Roselle Park by 3:00 for another Kid A softball game. I am the busiest man alive.
You been to Pastrami and Pickles in RP? Solid sloppy joe and other sammies.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Shit, no. I think prior to tonight the only 500 times I’d been there was at that kids party place.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

serrano wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:13 pm
The Sybian wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:10 pm Daughter just played her first middle school soccer game (I'll detail in the Tammany thread), son has X-country meet in the morning, which I need to drop him off at school at 6:45 am to catch the bus. Daughter has two club soccer games this weekend, and if I'm lucky, I get to break out the power washer on Sunday!
Twinsies. I’m power washing tomorrow, too. And watching my mother-in-law’s teacup poodle tomorrow night. But should enjoy the weekend with the Ryder Cup, football, and a good curb-stomping of the Buccos. GO FUCK YOURSELF, RASS.
Do let us know how power washing a teacup poodle turns out…

Oh, WATCHING. I read that as washing originally.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:49 am

I may still be drunk and clearly awake way too early, but that is hilarious.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

serrano wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:09 pm
mister d wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:05 pm Just got back from Roselle Park for a Kid A softball game, in an hour or so (I hope) pick up my uncle from EWR, then 9:30 soccer for Kid B and back in Roselle Park by 3:00 for another Kid A softball game. I am the busiest man alive.
You been to Pastrami and Pickles in RP? Solid sloppy joe and other sammies.
I forget about that place. Need to stop there after one of these XC meets over that way.
serrano
Brandt

Post by serrano »

tennbengal wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:49 am

Having been asked to give the pooch a bath, you just gave me
a great time-saver of an idea*. Thanks Bengal!

*you do divorces, right?
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Soccer games and house fixing. $2500 for a estimate can f themselves. Tried to be a jerk and hold the line lower and guy walked away. Will try wait him out but I need a super detailed estimate about two weeks ago. Anyone know exactamate software user end and construction costs? Maybe a half of football :-(
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

HaulCitgo wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:33 am Soccer games and house fixing. $2500 for a estimate can f themselves. Tried to be a jerk and hold the line lower and guy walked away. Will try wait him out but I need a super detailed estimate about two weeks ago. Anyone know exactamate software user end and construction costs? Maybe a half of football :-(
Forgot about that disaster. I’ve never had to deal with a job that size. Any chance that $2500 is rolled into the overall price if you accept their estimate or it’s just sunk?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Last night: BIL came over, we ordered in from an AWESOME greek place, built a fire and had some nice IPAs. My son and BIL are planning a camping trip up on VT in a couple weeks time.

Today: Ryder Cup and F1 qualifying this morning. Taking the wife to a Black Hills State Park to sit by the water, read our books and eat a picnic lunch. I'll watch MI vs. Rutgers recorded this evening and then watch a movie.

Tomorrow: Fertilize and mow the yard, in reverse order. Looking to do some grilling, meat TBD.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Soccer game for Kid A was at 8:30. Soccer game for Kid B is at 12:30.
This afternoon going over former Swamper timgod's house for some fall beers while he throws some things in the smoker.

Tomorrow my wife has an afternoon baby shower to attend, so I'm glad my Eagles play on Monday night. But that probably means I won't be watching any other football tomorrow afternoon. Then have to take Kid A to tournament team soccer tryouts at 5:00. This could be rough because she's so hard on herself, to the point where she broke down in tears last night thinking she's not good enough and doesn't want to get disappointed like she did in the spring where she didn't make the travel softball team. But she shows resiliency because instead of giving up she's just trying harder or finding ways where she can get better for the next go round.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:48 pm The delivery and shrug on "The Weeknd" is my favorite part.
Every time I come across it it try saying it out loud and can never get it right. And that’s without the arm movements. Acting!!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

rass wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:34 pm Oh, and:

A Manhattan
The olives and the sour dough
Chicken or the hangar steak depending on when I last had beef
Maybe one of the bourbon night caps
Pretty close...I had:

Old Fashioned
Olives and sourdough
Wild Boar (the hanger steak had roasted walnuts...can't do tree nuts. GF had the chicken) - glass of Cab Sauv
Chocolate cake with a glass of port

Felt really amazing eating inside a nice restaurant for the first time in 1 1/2 years.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Gay brunch with a heavily tattooed opera singer performing “Nessun Dorma”.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Here for a little over 1/2 an hour and Baba ghanoush‘d my brand new suit in multiple spots…
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Guy emailed back. He's sending estimator today. At this point he's just a witness creating exhibits. Unlikely do do work.