OFFICIAL getting it in the butt thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

OFFICIAL getting it in the butt thread

Post by rass »

There are some scattered colonoscopy references but no dedicated thread? We’re getting old guys, this is important!

Getting my first next Friday (I’m newly 47). The first of the restrictions go in place as of tomorrow (no NSAIDS). The list of stuff not to do over the next week is more intimidating than the thought of the procedure itself. Added 1/2 a dozen reminders to my phone for next week to either do things or to remember NOT to do things in the morning.

The appointment is 2:40PM, so I’m going to take a go at working a half day. My home workstation is not far from a toilet. Figure getting mad at work stuff will keep my mind off being uncomfortable or thirsty or lacking coffee.

I don’t think I’ve ever been completely put under. That should be interesting, too.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Re: OFFICIAL getting it in the butt thread

Post by P.D.X. »

The best part was coming out of sedation and being told that I should "fart freely" as I guess they blow some air up there? Anyway, it was a curtained situation in a much larger 'communal' room which made the symphony all the more enjoyable.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

They put you under?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I’ve been completely out for all of my colonoscopies
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

At least for me, it was kind of a “twilight” thing, where you are kind of awake, but pretty doped up and don’t feel a thing.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

As you've probably been told, the procedure itself is nothing compared to drinking the Liquid Plumber they give you the night before.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Have fun with your prep day, Rass!

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I just had mine a few weeks back. (With a follow up EGD a week ago.) All good to go for me.

I told my doc I feel like I'm allergic to some sort of food because IBS is a thing with me. Looks like there's nothing negative to be found on any biopsy in my intestine or throat.

Still though. I hate how quickly I have to crap after eating.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

rass wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:06 pm There are some scattered colonoscopy references but no dedicated thread? We’re getting old guys, this is important!

Getting my first next Friday (I’m newly 47). The first of the restrictions go in place as of tomorrow (no NSAIDS). The list of stuff not to do over the next week is more intimidating than the thought of the procedure itself. Added 1/2 a dozen reminders to my phone for next week to either do things or to remember NOT to do things in the morning.

The appointment is 2:40PM, so I’m going to take a go at working a half day. My home workstation is not far from a toilet. Figure getting mad at work stuff will keep my mind off being uncomfortable or thirsty or lacking coffee.

I don’t think I’ve ever been completely put under. That should be interesting, too.
Good luck. As stated elsewhere the turbo-lax is the worst part.

You may be being a bit ambitious with the working on the morning of the procedure. Unless you can do your job on the toilet.
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:40 pm As you've probably been told, the procedure itself is nothing compared to drinking the Liquid Plumber they give you the night before.
I got pills/tablets to take over a very specific period of time and with a very specific amount of water. Along with copious amounts of gas-x.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

My first one is coming up. I was diagnosed last week with diverticulitis and they want me to get one.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Giff wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:16 am My first one is coming up. I was diagnosed last week with diverticulitis and they want me to get one.
They'll probably want you to get one every two years, depending on the severity of your condition. At least that's what they told me. YMMV.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

It was "mild acute". No alcohol for 10 days (sadly the longest I'll have gone without in nearly 25 years) and a bland diet. I forgot that last part last night and paid for it.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

My dad had colon cancer, so I had one when I turned 45. I need to get back in there, most likely.

Haven't had a decent check up in many years... fixing that (rectifying?) next month.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Ordered a salad containing corn for dinner only because I can’t eat it again until next weekend.

Also have to give up my almond-containing breakfast bars.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Giff wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:28 am It was "mild acute". No alcohol for 10 days (sadly the longest I'll have gone without in nearly 25 years) and a bland diet. I forgot that last part last night and paid for it.
Man, eight days in and it's really unbelievable the effect alcohol (or lack thereof) has on the body. It's going to make it very easy to stay dry during the work week going forward, for sure.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:18 am
Giff wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:28 am It was "mild acute". No alcohol for 10 days (sadly the longest I'll have gone without in nearly 25 years) and a bland diet. I forgot that last part last night and paid for it.
Man, eight days in and it's really unbelievable the effect alcohol (or lack thereof) has on the body. It's going to make it very easy to stay dry during the work week going forward, for sure.
It does feel better. But I will warn you that when you have some on the weekend the next day is a bit harder than if you drink most nights. Not that you aren't smart enough to know about it.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

That's what a friend of mine was warning me about last weekend as he downed an airplane bottle of Evan Williams Honey right in front of me (before you judge, it was one of my FIL's favorites and I'd pick up a couple of those bottles for him every time I hit the liquor store).
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Home covid test came back clean so I'm doing this. See you on the other side.

Or probably sooner if I get bored on the shitter.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

rass wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:02 pm Home covid test came back clean so I'm doing this. See you on the other side.

Or probably sooner if I get bored on the shitter.
Good luck, Rass.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I knew why I was afraid to peek in this thread. I need to poop in a box (followup dr appt next month), but it's just sitting there. That ColoGuard thing. I guess I scrape the poop with something and drop it off at some lab. Either way, I've not done it (this is 5 weeks or so now), and ColoGuard is texting me like I need some sort of crisis intervention.

It's sort of hilarious (cuz I know they're automated texts), but it does drive the point home I need to get the hell out of my chair and poop in the box.

Oh, and my wife tired of that joke about a month ago.
Noli Timere Messorem
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Got close once, when I somehow had some liquid to spare as piss and got up in the middle of the night to get rid of it, but I have yet to shart myself. Just completed dose 2 about a 1/2 hour ago, so that should be kicking in soon.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

EnochRoot wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:38 pm I knew why I was afraid to peek in this thread. I need to poop in a box (followup dr appt next month), but it's just sitting there. That ColoGuard thing. I guess I scrape the poop with something and drop it off at some lab. Either way, I've not done it (this is 5 weeks or so now), and ColoGuard is texting me like I need some sort of crisis intervention.

It's sort of hilarious (cuz I know they're automated texts), but it does drive the point home I need to get the hell out of my chair and poop in the box.

Oh, and my wife tired of that joke about a month ago.
When you do it you'll have a whole new round of Se7en "what's in the box?!?!?" joke to run into the ground.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Want to chew some gum but a couple of times a year (usually while running) I accidentally swallow it so just in case I won't.

Just took the shower with extra attention to the between cheeks area. Hope I'm lucid enough to ask the doc if he appreciates it.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:49 am Hope I'm lucid enough to ask the doc if he appreciates it.
You might want to check the size of his fist before you start to crack wise with him.
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

Your signature has never been more fitting.
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

For as long I was able to notice the aswirling it was cold.

That was crazy.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

My confession - I just turned 52 and never had one of these. Probably because I haven't been to a doctor for a regular checkup in a decade or so. It's not that I hate doctors or anything, I just very rarely get sick and I never established a local doctor. I know I need to do that. Last time I went in it was after a friend dropped dead in the shower on Christmas Eve and I got spooked. I forget the name of the doc I used though.
Totally Kafkaesque
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Supposedly clean and clear. Don’t need to go back for 10 years. Ass feels fine. No driving, no wine or liquor. Doc explicitly said I could have a beer later if I really wanted to.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

So for those who have never done the ColoGuard thing - It's a container with a bracket that it slides into (the bracket gets placed on your toilet, underneath the seat). So you actually do poop in the container, which you then put into the box. You also need to scrape the poop with a scraper that slots into a small tube. You also pour preservative over the poop before sealing the container.

So I did all that a couple weeks ago, and I got the result back inside of a week later. Negative for the likelihood of colorectal cancer. Or something.
Noli Timere Messorem
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Dang. I thought that was just spinning rifles and flags.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

EnochRoot wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:35 pm So for those who have never done the ColoGuard thing - It's a container with a bracket that it slides into (the bracket gets placed on your toilet, underneath the seat). So you actually do poop in the container, which you then put into the box. You also need to scrape the poop with a scraper that slots into a small tube. You also pour preservative over the poop before sealing the container.

So I did all that a couple weeks ago, and I got the result back inside of a week later. Negative for the likelihood of colorectal cancer. Or something.
[INSERT MICHAEL SCOTT GIF]
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

A_B wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:18 pm Dang. I thought that was just spinning rifles and flags.
Genuine lol
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I got mine tomorrow, and I’ve had some bad anxiety since yesterday. Not the procedure so much, but what they might find. Colon cancer runs in my family, and my highly accelerated BM habits (3-5 times a day) has me thinking something might be up.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:05 am I got mine tomorrow, and I’ve had some bad anxiety since yesterday. Not the procedure so much, but what they might find. Colon cancer runs in my family, and my highly accelerated BM habits (3-5 times a day) has me thinking something might be up.
Good luck. Better to know either way than to worry and not know.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

While I certainly don't know your family history and mine doesn't have a history, all my incessant shitting was alcohol related, but I also don't know your intake there either. Mine was pretty high.
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

Good luck with the test tomorrow.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Good luck, L-Jam. I was scheduled for this week, but need to reschedule. He told me to let him know if there are any flare-ups of my diverticulitis because apparently colonoscopies are not good if you're having one, and I am.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Just woke up after stopping at a breakfast place. Not so bad. No polyps! The doc suggested that I won’t need another one for ten years, but I think I’ll make this an every five year thing.

And the lemon ricotta pancakes for breakfast yielded something solid! Either that, or the Myralax finally wore off.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:23 pm Just woke up after stopping at a breakfast place. Not so bad. No polyps! The doc suggested that I won’t need another one for ten years, but I think I’ll make this an every five year thing.

And the lemon ricotta pancakes for breakfast yielded something solid! Either that, or the Myralax finally wore off.
Great, great news!