Old Skool Swamp

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Old Skool Swamp

Post by mister d »

I believe there was a point in time where she was better looking than Giada. That point in time very likely doesn't exist anymore.

(Worried to know what the take would be if its not that one.)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

"Voluntarily adding '-ish' to the end of words is more attractive than a lisp."
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:23 pm That rballer lisp-girl thread was gold. I forgot how funny Zaz's posts were.
Yeah, I read his posts and wondered how his health is holding up if he still lives as his posts would let on. I posted in that thread about dating a girl and trying not to make her laugh because her laugh was so horrible. It's vaguely familiar, but for the life of me I can't remember the girl or what she looked like or even what her laugh and voice sounded like.

Really fun reading through a thread from 2006 discussing potential future USMNT players. So many names I'd forgotten who were promising and never panned out. Someone was taking about a 17 yo kid named Josmer Altidore who was showing potential with the MetroStars (maybe they were Red Bulls by then).
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Man, this was a gem Fathers of Daughters. I miss Brainbo, it's a shame she left. She made a retirement speech in this thread, not sure if she actually left at that point.

Thread started asking how fathers raise daughters to be confident and address issues of being sexually attractive/not attractive. This thread is so perfectly timed for me now as my daughter is struggling with her identity now that she has gone from a girl to sort of a woman. My wife is having a nightmare getting her to buy clothes. She usually wears soccer jerseys or t-shirts from various soccer camps she attended or teams she played on. She sort of wants to dress more feminine and mature, but she is really embarrassed about developing breasts, and they are too big to hide, so she is trying to wear really baggy t-shirts. Numerous trips to malls and stores, she hasn't picked a single shirt she will wear.

Really enjoy posts like SCK talking about his 5 yo daughter and how he will handle her going through puberty, or J-Lo being thankful he has 10 years before he has to worry about an adolescent girl, or DiS's 20 month old Devil Child and how he is moving out when they hit puberty (he kind of did, right?) Amazing stuff. And did I forget or just not know, but TT was asking advice on raising his 13-month-old?
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Did Billy G ever find those jerseys?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:17 pm DiS's 20 month old Devil Child
Said Devil Child is leaving on Saturday for her Freshman Year of College.

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I'm trying to figure out why I was so damn quiet back in the 2003-2006 timeframe. I barely said a word when Bo passed. A few dips into the soccer-specific threads, but nothing like how I am the last 5 or 6 years.

It was interesting to see our speculation about Klinsmann in 2006. I miss Dr. Chuck on here.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:17 pm And did I forget or just not know, but TT was asking advice on raising his 13-month-old?
Yeah, that threw me big time.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:11 pm I'm trying to figure out why I was so damn quiet back in the 2003-2006 timeframe. I barely said a word when Bo passed. A few dips into the soccer-specific threads, but nothing like how I am the last 5 or 6 years.

It was interesting to see our speculation about Klinsmann in 2006. I miss Dr. Chuck on here.
Wait, what? Brainbo died? I could've sworn someone recently said she was doing well.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:17 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:11 pm I'm trying to figure out why I was so damn quiet back in the 2003-2006 timeframe. I barely said a word when Bo passed. A few dips into the soccer-specific threads, but nothing like how I am the last 5 or 6 years.

Wait, what? Brainbo died? I could've sworn someone recently said she was doing well.
She's still listed as actively practicing in Pennsylvania, as in-house counsel for [feel free to ask me who].
Last edited by Steve of phpBB on Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Ok, cool. That's what I figured. Whew.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I finally know what she looks like!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

should we be sharing easily searchable info about people who are no longer active (and therefore can't consent to sharing that)?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Brontoburglar wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:23 pm should we be sharing easily searchable info about people who are no longer active (and therefore can't consent to sharing that)?
I get your point, but that's not really an easy thing for someone to put together. I'm pretty sure that the Sports Frog isn't going to be high on the search results for that job title.
Totally Kafkaesque
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:27 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:23 pm should we be sharing easily searchable info about people who are no longer active (and therefore can't consent to sharing that)?
I get your point, but that's not really an easy thing for someone to put together. I'm pretty sure that the Sports Frog isn't going to be high on the search results for that job title.
seems incredibly easy given the two links in this thread, no? and I totally get the point that this isn't a highly-indexed place, but I'm also coming at this from a better safe than sorry perspective, especially regarding folks who are not around
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Fair enough. I edited my post.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Looks like Jerloma thought Howard was white too.

http://www.sportsfrog.net/phpbb_swamp20 ... 989#p99989

That's kinda funny.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:14 pm Looks like Jerloma thought Howard was white too.

That's kinda funny.
I used get a kick out of Costumed Vigilante. A bit of a troll sometimes, but with some wit. Completely forgot about him.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:14 pm Looks like Jerloma thought Howard was white too.

That's kinda funny.
Holy shit, that thread was BRUTAL! DoucheRugby... Declared racism dead and said there are millions of racists in America in the same sentence, then explained that it's no longer an issue that people are racist. He declares black people don't care if a college coach called black people in general the N-word by saying his black player doesn't have an N-word in him. Said everyone here uses racist terms but are pretending not to, defended a landlords right to treat black potential tenants different than whites, and we all would too... It just kept going! And the best, about 10 pages in, RBaller joins the fray to say he isn't racist, but affirmative actions is racist.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I guess scrotum spud was lost to a gap year so I was looking for some embarrassing shit I remember but this wasn’t as bad as I thought it was.

Definitely some other time there was a game I didn’t quite follow and (redacted - because they’re still around and I’m not 100% sure my memory is right) was a dick to me about it. Not that I hold a grudge.

Wow this was all so long ago.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Holy shit there are 20 pages of threads no one replied to. :(
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:15 pm Holy shit there are 20 pages of threads no one replied to. :(
I was surprised at the … scatterbrainedness of the board. So many threads like you said or just 1-2 replies.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:31 pm Ignore this thread:

http://www.sportsfrog.net/phpbb_swamp20 ... 31#p269331
Yep, saw that one earlier this week. Unfortunately, it may have been my claim to fame under my former handle.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Answers the age old question. Have I always been this stupid?

Confirmed. I have.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

That's kinda funny.
Wow, wasn’t expecting Duke MBAs to catch a stray in that thread. Kinda funny in hindsight. But man, what a post by Doug. It’s always shocking when you come across something like that and realize just how ignorant so many people are.
Totally Kafkaesque
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

A_B wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:47 pm
rass wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:15 pm Holy shit there are 20 pages of threads no one replied to. :(
I was surprised at the … scatterbrainedness of the board. So many threads like you said or just 1-2 replies.
or just title, link and then no replies...I think that was a M.O. I had before spells like wlu
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

A_B wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:47 pm
Yeah, that's a really good point and I think it's also hard to follow *some* of the threads because they were very specific to posts on the front page or hyper-specific to a game someone was watching (or whatever).

Over the years, I feel like people have made efforts to start threads that will either serve as a catch-all on a certain topic (travel) or that you know are going to generate more than a few replies.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

very specific to (CLEARLY BRILLIANT) posts on the front page
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Did they ever find the foot of that person who was riding the roller coaster?

travzilla
Bunny Lebowski

Post by travzilla »

When i think about how I'm kinda addicted to scrolling through twitter to keep up with what's going on in the world, I often mentally trace it back to the Katrina thread here. Johnnie, Howard, Bengal, and so many others posting real-time news and updates about what was going on. I vividly remember being in the computer lab at school just constantly refreshing the swamp.

That, and some Primis or Rballer thread that I can't find about the Swamp being "a big circle jerk now". I think about that like once a month for some reason.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Maybe I'm just horrible at the search function, but does anybody have the links to the all time drafts? I know I participated in the basketball and baseball ones, but I kind of remember the football one kind of fading out (or maybe that's when I was fading out).
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Yeah, I dunno. Either my memory sucks or there’s a lot stuff I’ve looked for that fell into the VB days.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Reaper wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:17 pm Maybe I'm just horrible at the search function, but does anybody have the links to the all time drafts? I know I participated in the basketball and baseball ones, but I kind of remember the football one kind of fading out (or maybe that's when I was fading out).

I don't think they are on these boards.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:37 am
Reaper wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:17 pm Maybe I'm just horrible at the search function, but does anybody have the links to the all time drafts? I know I participated in the basketball and baseball ones, but I kind of remember the football one kind of fading out (or maybe that's when I was fading out).

Bummer, it be fun to look back at the hot women draft.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

We need a draft. It's been a while.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Giff wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:40 pm We need a draft. It's been a while.
I'd love a Kolsch if you're buying.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:50 am
Gunpowder wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:37 am
Bummer, it be fun to look back at the hot women draft.
I remember that we all mocked PDX for picking Helen Mirren, then we backtracked after we realized she is the hottest old woman ever.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian