Post by EnochRoot »

Very good indeed.
Noli Timere Messorem
brian
The Dude

Re: There's no sex and drugs for Hurricane Ian

Post by brian »

Or was it Scott Ian?
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Debating when to start taking this seriously. We're scheduled to close on the sale of our townhouse on Wednesday and Thursday. Luckily the buyer has already locked in insurance. They don't normally write policies with a named storm within striking distance.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Wish it would hit Mara Lago.

Sex and drugs and rock and roll are very good indeed🎵
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

govmentchedda wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:46 pm Debating when to start taking this seriously. We're scheduled to close on the sale of our townhouse on Wednesday and Thursday. Luckily the buyer has already locked in insurance. They don't normally write policies with a named storm within striking distance.
Now? Follow this guy - @SciGuySpace

He’s Houston-based but also very much all things space so he’s following this one especially closely. If he says you’re in the path, take it seriously.

Hope everything goes OK.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

In laws are there and so far seem to be intent to ride it out. Path moved a bit west but still Tampa area not out of whole path.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Giff wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:09 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:46 pm Debating when to start taking this seriously. We're scheduled to close on the sale of our townhouse on Wednesday and Thursday. Luckily the buyer has already locked in insurance. They don't normally write policies with a named storm within striking distance.
Now? Follow this guy - @SciGuySpace

He’s Houston-based but also very much all things space so he’s following this one especially closely. If he says you’re in the path, take it seriously.

Hope everything goes OK.
Thanks for the recommendation. This path is what has always been warned about. Just off shore, pumping water into the bay. We've escaped my whole life, and really been lucky. Heard word their might be a mandatory evacuation of Zone A, and we are definitely there. Close enough to water to flood, but not actually be waterfront, yet. It remains to be seen how this thing will go. If it stalls just off of Clearwater/St Pete Beach, where Cantore apparently already is, this could be proper bad.
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

Are you going to evacuate?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Pruitt3 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:12 am Are you going to evacuate?
If ordered to do so, yes, and it's looking that way. We're only headed to higher ground inland at the inlaws in Brandon (about 15 miles inland). Bringing our two young cats and three children. My parents are headed that way as well, with their dog and rescue/foster kitten who has feline lice currently, is feral AF, and has never encountered our cats. This could be an absolute shit show. Nine humans, three cats, and a dog in ~2000 sf. The grandparents will all have beds, my nuclear family will be on couches/cots/air mattresses/sleeping bags. Really not looking forward to it, but I expect we'll get the mandatory evacuate orders. Oh, and I have an all day mediation tomorrow that is likely still moving forward, so very little time free to prep.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Good luck, buddy. Not fun.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Good luck cheds.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

All the best Chedda. Motel 6 kinda sounding not too bad, now?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

They'll leave the light on for you. Assuming they have power.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Let's go (to) Brandon.
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

Good luck, that sounds like a nightmare.

Hope the meditation session helps.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Pruitt3 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:43 am Good luck, that sounds like a nightmare.

Ha! No. Mediation. In a family law case. With a demanding client. It is the opposite of helping. Nice guy, but high stakes.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Pruitt3 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:43 am Good luck, that sounds like a nightmare.

I don't think it will.
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:45 am

Ha! No. Mediation. In a family law case. With a demanding client. It is the opposite of helping. Nice guy, but high stakes.
Time for new reading glasses. One letter makes a hell of a difference.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Thanks, fellas. I just hope Giff is ok. Anyone checked on him?
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Of course he isn't. Kansas is not ranked.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:30 pm Thanks, fellas. I just hope Giff is ok. Anyone checked on him?
First day back at work after a few glorious days in the Texas wine country. What do you think?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Giff wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:37 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:30 pm Thanks, fellas. I just hope Giff is ok. Anyone checked on him?
First day back at work after a few glorious days in the Texas wine country. What do you think?
Redirect your tots and pears from Florida to the Houston area, folks.

Jokes aside, it sounds like storm surge is the major concern with this one. Keep seeing expected 5-10ft rise. Our house should sit at about 15-20 ft above sea level, if the elevation maps are correct. We "should" be ok, but it's going to be stressful for a few days. On the plus side, we just signed the seller side of the closing docs for the sale of the townhouse. Nothing else I can control in that transaction.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pretty sure I mentioned I'm dating a fellow family law/divorce attorney now (licensed in IL and NV) and had dinner with a friend of hers who is a retired lawyer who does networking stuff now and he spends a lot of his time down your way in Orlando and Tampa (has kids down there). Really fun, interesting old guy.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I used to live on Davis Islands back in the mid 90s (just south of the city (Tampa) on the mainland). I'm curious if they ever fixed the drainage problems that would present flooding on Davis Blvd whenever even the daily summer thunderstorms would roll through. They and hundreds of other coastal communities are under mandatory evacuation orders.

Yikes.
Noli Timere Messorem
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

FWIW, the other guy who runs that site, @mattlanza, is worried.

govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

brian wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:39 pm

Pretty sure I mentioned I'm dating a fellow family law/divorce attorney now (licensed in IL and NV) and had dinner with a friend of hers who is a retired lawyer who does networking stuff now and he spends a lot of his time down your way in Orlando and Tampa (has kids down there). Really fun, interesting old guy.
I missed that you were dating a fellow masochist. Curious if I've crossed paths with the networking guy.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

EnochRoot wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:15 pm I used to live on Davis Islands back in the mid 90s (just south of the city (Tampa) on the mainland). I'm curious if they ever fixed the drainage problems that would present flooding on Davis Blvd whenever even the daily summer thunderstorms would roll through. They and hundreds of other coastal communities are under mandatory evacuation orders.

Yikes.
I love Davis Islands, and good on you for pluralizing it. Proves you actually lived there. I'm rarely there anymore. Used to go to 220 East and the Mexican restaurant across from it on E Davis Blvd all the time. Would've been mid 2000s for me. I think it drains better than it used to, but I don't know how well.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Giff wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:21 pm FWIW, the other guy who runs that site, @mattlanza, is worried.

His second post is 100% correct. We've been lucky for entirely too long. There's really no good outcome now with Ian. A path up the Gulf just off the coast means serious flood/high water. A path into the state means more wind damage.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:45 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:15 pm I used to live on Davis Islands back in the mid 90s (just south of the city (Tampa) on the mainland). I'm curious if they ever fixed the drainage problems that would present flooding on Davis Blvd whenever even the daily summer thunderstorms would roll through. They and hundreds of other coastal communities are under mandatory evacuation orders.

Yikes.
I love Davis Islands, and good on you for pluralizing it. Proves you actually lived there. I'm rarely there anymore. Used to go to 220 East and the Mexican restaurant across from it on E Davis Blvd all the time. Would've been mid 2000s for me. I think it drains better than it used to, but I don't know how well.
I used to go to an English bar and some pizza place with a bar / pool table across the street from it. It was such a fun place to live. And it seemed like it was just a well-kept secret cove back then, given how popular Hyde Park and Ybor were. That's the place I miss the most about FL.
Noli Timere Messorem
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 am
Pruitt3 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:12 am Are you going to evacuate?
If ordered to do so, yes, and it's looking that way. We're only headed to higher ground inland at the inlaws in Brandon (about 15 miles inland). Bringing our two young cats and three children. My parents are headed that way as well, with their dog and rescue/foster kitten who has feline lice currently, is feral AF, and has never encountered our cats. This could be an absolute shit show. Nine humans, three cats, and a dog in ~2000 sf. The grandparents will all have beds, my nuclear family will be on couches/cots/air mattresses/sleeping bags. Really not looking forward to it, but I expect we'll get the mandatory evacuate orders. Oh, and I have an all day mediation tomorrow that is likely still moving forward, so very little time free to prep.
I have a great pitch for a reality show...

Good luck, Chedd.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

EnochRoot wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:03 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:45 pm

Yikes.
I used to go to an English bar and some pizza place with a bar / pool table across the street from it. It was such a fun place to live. And it seemed like it was just a well-kept secret cove back then, given how popular Hyde Park and Ybor were. That's the place I miss the most about FL.
That English bar may have been the bar where Joey Redner met Wayne Wambles and where the seeds of Cigar City Brewing started. Yeoman's Road? The pizza place is Tate Brothers. They made national news when the owner's house was hit by a plane trying to land at the airport. They had one of the first Extreme Home Makeovers. Bus driver, MOVE THAT BUS.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Evacuated. In fucking Brandon. Stressful day. Likely closer to the eye's path where we are, but much higher elevation.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

If that track that goes around Miami and makes landfall in North Carolina happens, whoever created that model is going to be such a dick about it.
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

govmentchedda wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:20 pm Evacuated. In fucking Brandon. Stressful day. Likely closer to the eye's path where we are, but much higher elevation.
Hang in there. This too shall pass.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

The map I posted changes over time. Now it looks like there's some general agreement of a Lorena Bobbitt deal through Florida and second landfall in the Carolinas?
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Glad I went to Sanibel 25 times already
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The dot for Tampa is pretty far away from the city in that map.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I’m pretty sure that map is done by someone from Pensacola.