Thanksgiving 2022/2023

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

Re: Thanksgiving 2022/2023

Post by rass »

Just checked in on sisterinlawfrog.com and it’s on fire talking about you guys and your fucked up doughy hotdogs and butchered turkey.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:55 pm I really enjoyed Thanksgiving. Food was great. As host, I always carve the turkey. As usual, I watched a YouTube how-to video about five times in preparation and I’m proud to say I did not fuck it up!
The perk of carving the turkey is you get to have the oysters (from wikipedia: the two small, round pieces of dark meat on the back of poultry near the thigh, in the hollow on the dorsal side of the ilium bone) either all for yourself, or to share as treats with someone.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

We have two turkeys going, so this year asked my BIL (pretty much my brother, as he's the youngest and I've known him since he was 5)... He's reliable, so as I was deconstructing the bird, he was doing the slicing.

And, yes, sc, I also have my annual watching of the YouTubes prior to carving. I'm sure we're not alone. :D
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Spatchcocked and smoked a turkey on the Traeger. Came out great. I'll probably do it again next year. But with different seasoning though.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.