Predictions

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Predictions

Post by A_B »

This AI shit is just newest fad like 3 d or some shit.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: Predictions

Post by govmentchedda »

I hope you are right. I think you are very, very wrong.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:05 pm This AI shit is just newest fad like 3 d or some shit.
Full disagree, ChatGPT or someone's improvements on it will be an everyday tool. My wife is spending a lot of time using it, and it's already incredible. Her team is severely short staffed, and she is using ChatGPT to create work product she can use without much adjustment. I signed up for a webinar on ChatGPT's uses in HR, but I saw it's an 8 part series and ain't nobody got time for that. I missed another one on using ChatGPT to write performance reviews. Could have been interesting.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A_B wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:05 pm This AI shit is just newest fad like 3 d or some shit.
If this is about the Biggie thing I don’t understand how that wouldn’t freak you out.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Oh god, you couldn't be more wrong.
Totally Kafkaesque
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

This was a hilariously bad take outta me, guys!

AI took over my keyboard to throw people off the scent.

(Suffice it to say, I was in the clouds.)
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

What makes a chat bot ai? User fed automatic improvements? I can't figure why a chat bot is what makes ai the next big thing. Auto improving driving/soldiers/manufacturing processes would far more important right?
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I don't think it's going to be a fad. I just think everyone is going to think it's a game-changer, and then just devolve into sucking once people figure how to monetize it, just like literally every other technological innovation in human history.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

L-Jam3 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:16 am I don't think it's going to be a fad. I just think everyone is going to think it's a game-changer, and then just devolve into sucking once people figure how to monetize it, just like literally every other technological innovation in human history.
This is close to where I was. It already has uses, of course, I guess I am just deciding to not be to scared of it just yet.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

You don't think this is going to take off?

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'm excited to see how companies can use it to further decrease their own liability when things get fucked up.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Big deal in the copyright world when you can just take someones work and stuff it into the machine and out comes new works that ape the creator's style but aren't owned by them.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

P.D.X. wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:26 am Big deal in the copyright world when you can just take someones work and stuff it into the machine and out comes new works that ape the creator's style but aren't owned by them.
Hm. I wonder if that's legally true. If you take a work in which someone has the exclusive right to make copies, and run it through a machine, could the copyrigth holder argue that the copyright attaches to the product?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:16 pm
P.D.X. wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:26 am Big deal in the copyright world when you can just take someones work and stuff it into the machine and out comes new works that ape the creator's style but aren't owned by them.
Hm. I wonder if that's legally true. If you take a work in which someone has the exclusive right to make copies, and run it through a machine, could the copyrigth holder argue that the copyright attaches to the product?
I think it might, if the program wouldn't do it first. I only think this because I asked ChatGPT a few months ago to rewrite Ozymandias as a rap by Snoop, and they said they won't try it due to Snoop's style might be copyrighted.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:16 pm
I don't think counterfeiters would disclose that was the process though.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Weve got Sarah Connor. It's good
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

HaulCitgo wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:06 pm Weve got Sarah Connor. It's good
I've been citing "The Terminator" constantly lately.
Canadian International
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt IV wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:35 am
HaulCitgo wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:06 pm Weve got Sarah Connor. It's good
I've been citing "The Terminator" constantly lately.
In dystopian future, Terminator sights you!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

A_B wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:10 am This was a hilariously bad take outta me, guys!

Just to circle back...I'm not scared of it, but since I've been playing around in photoshop with some of the AI tools, it is definitely clear that I was super wrong, even if it doesn't take over the world. Crazy easy to do shit now and it usually looks good enough for government work. I wouldn't put it on a website but to fix little flaws that you used to have to be super specific about which tool you used and when, it works great for day to day projects. and in the hands of a power user i'm sure it would look great no matter what. I'm just getting started and being blown away by it.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A_B wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:05 pm I'm just getting started and being blown...by it.
Holy shit!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Real life examples of machines controlling the weapons in Ukraine and machines choosing targets in Israel. Not hard to foresee the drone wars. But they'll definitely teach it how to suck dick first
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:24 pm Real life examples of machines controlling the weapons in Ukraine and machines choosing targets in Israel. Not hard to foresee the drone wars. But they'll definitely teach it how to suck dick first
No cap
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

A_B wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:05 pm
A_B wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:10 am This was a hilariously bad take outta me, guys!

Just to circle back...I'm not scared of it, but since I've been playing around in photoshop with some of the AI tools, it is definitely clear that I was super wrong, even if it doesn't take over the world. Crazy easy to do shit now and it usually looks good enough for government work. I wouldn't put it on a website but to fix little flaws that you used to have to be super specific about which tool you used and when, it works great for day to day projects. and in the hands of a power user i'm sure it would look great no matter what. I'm just getting started and being blown away by it.
Built a logo for the US Sheep Experimentation Station as part of a holiday gift using it. Prompt-Tweak-Prompt-etc and got a GREAT result (big horn sheep on an atv wearing sunglasses and 2 jets flying in the sky over the shoulders). The T-shirts should be BAAAHHHH-Daaasss