Post by EnochRoot »

Wow. RIP.

87's a pretty good run.
Noli Timere Messorem
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Re: Jim Brown

Post by HaulCitgo »

Crazy take and somewhat alcohol fueled but TO is Jim brown at we without the mental problems
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Is Kareem the only one left from The Cleveland Summit?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Crazy that he's in four different Hall of Fames: Pro Football, College Football, Lacrosse and Beating Up Women
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

EnochRoot wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:55 pm Wow. RIP.

87's a pretty good run.
Longer than any he had on the field. (80 yards in 1963)
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Reaper wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:44 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:55 pm Wow. RIP.

87's a pretty good run.
Longer than any he had on the field. (80 yards in 1963)
Tough crowd. :? 8-)
Noli Timere Messorem
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Only two acceptable answers in my opinion to best RB of all-time are Jim Brown or Barry Sanders.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Before my time, but my father (who's been watching the NFL for more than 70 years) still says that Jim Brown was the greatest player he's ever seen.
Canadian International
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:20 pm Crazy that he's in four different Hall of Fames: Pro Football, College Football, Lacrosse and Beating Up Women
I met DSafetyGirl through our alumni club in LA. We were both club officers at times, her many more for much longer terms. Every year the club had a luncheon at the Four Seasons to honor an alum and raise operating funds for the upcoming year.

No matter how poor the club's financial situation was, suggesting Brown, who would have been a massive draw for obvious reasons, as the award recipient was a non-starter.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:48 pm
mister d wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:20 pm Crazy that he's in four different Hall of Fames: Pro Football, College Football, Lacrosse and Beating Up Women
I met DSafetyGirl through our alumni club in LA. We were both club officers at times, her many more for much longer terms. Every year the club had a luncheon at the Four Seasons to honor an alum and raise operating funds for the upcoming year.

No matter how poor the club's financial situation was, suggesting Brown, who would have been a massive draw for obvious reasons, as the award recipient was a non-starter.
I’m remembering. You went to the Cuse, right? Because if you’re the same guy i met up with you with (IIRC) TimGod in Philly to watch our alma maters when you were still Big East.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:34 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:48 pm

I’m remembering. You went to the Cuse, right? Because if you’re the same guy i met up with you with (IIRC) TimGod in Philly to watch our alma maters when you were still Big East.
Correct. You had a recent dental procedure or something prior to that meet-up.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”