NCAA FB 2023

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: NCAA FB 2023

Post by brian »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:36 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:07 pm Bert Emmanuel Jr. is legit for CMU.
ETA - as soon as I type that he has a pass picked after a tip

Georgia Tech looking squirrely against the toothy birds.
I'll take posts that didn't age well in the second half for $800, Ken.
Yeah he’s a good kid and dangerous with his feet but can’t pass for shit. Sadly it’s not 1975 any more so that’s bad news for a QB.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Does anyone have both the ACC Network and a cable/satellite provider sign-in that they would be willing to loan out to a friend? This is strictly a survey on generosity and certainly not a response to being a DirecTV subscriber for such a long time that they have changed the channels in their various packages without changing the package names so they don't think I have ESPN, much less the ACC Network.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The last time Michigan played a season opener against a team from North Carolina to break in a new B1G TV partner it didn’t go so well so interested to see todays result.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:38 am Does anyone have both the ACC Network and a cable/satellite provider sign-in that they would be willing to loan out to a friend? This is strictly a survey on generosity and certainly not a response to being a DirecTV subscriber for such a long time that they have changed the channels in their various packages without changing the package names so they don't think I have ESPN, much less the ACC Network.
DM me your email address. I'll add you to my YTTV family.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

govmentchedda wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:55 amDM me your email address. I'll add you to my YTTV family.
You've got mail.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Prime looking good. 3 and out and operation on offense like clockwork. His kid knows how to play. Colorado may be onto something if he can stick long enough to find talent. Looked like they expected that. Great start.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

World... Welcome to Travis hunter
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

And Sanders keeps putting it on kids hands. Guy can play
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

C'mon, Buffs. Going into this game, I just wanted Colorado not to get embarrassed. Now, I want a win!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Shedur Sanders does not play at all like you would think deions kid would play. Totally in control.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Fresno State picks up a $1.35 million check for going to play at Purdue. And the Mountain West school beats the Big 10 school, on the road!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I was definitely assuming Colorado was gonna get beat up (and maybe slightly rooting for it after seeing the “theme music” commercial so many times) but that was an impressive win and a fun game.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Fuck Deion Sanders and his pretentious "praise for the lord" out of one side of his mouth, and "I'm keeping receipts and writing down names" out of the other.
Noli Timere Messorem
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

EnochRoot wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:18 pm Fuck Deion Sanders and his pretentious "praise for the lord" out of one side of his mouth, and "I'm keeping receipts and writing down names" out of the other.
This.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I ain't looking for a more appropriate thread...

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I tried earlier and was so shocked we never had a dedicated UM thread that I gave up.

But yeah.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

sancarlos wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:33 pm Fresno State picks up a $1.35 million check for going to play at Purdue. And the Mountain West school beats the Big 10 school, on the road!
Purdue... why sign that contract? I don't care that you signed it in spring of 2019. They had won 22 games the previous two years. They've won ten games each of the last two years. What are you doing?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Upset alert in Waco.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

BeckyHammon’s hoodie wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:16 pm Upset alert in Waco.
Giff is celebrating somewhere I hope. Texas State takes down Baylor.

ETA: Had no idea it was TSU’s first-ever win over a Power Five team. Mazel tov!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Of course it had to be against Baylor, but I’m still super fucking stoked!! I doubt this means much more than the Bears really suck, but it’s nice to have hope. It’s long baffled me that we can’t produce a halfway decent program considering the size (and beauty) of the school and the fact we’re in Texas.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Wyoming beat Texas Tech, Colorado beat TCU, and Texas State beat Baylor. Tough day for the Big 12 in that state.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Giff wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:10 am Of course it had to be against Baylor, but I’m still super fucking stoked!! I doubt this means much more than the Bears really suck, but it’s nice to have hope. It’s long baffled me that we can’t produce a halfway decent program considering the size (and beauty) of the school and the fact we’re in Texas.
I read that TSU doesn’t even have an indoor practice facility (though they’re building one now)? That kind of facilities gap is hard to overcome for a G5 school. But sounds like they’re making some investments.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Brian Kelly looks like he’s gonna pound some Budweiser tonight.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

sancarlos wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:00 pm Brian Kelly looks like he’s gonna pound some Budweiser tonight.
Couldn’t happen to a bigger asshole. Deion will be coaching LSU by 2025.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

BeckyHammon’s hoodie wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:36 pm
sancarlos wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:00 pm Brian Kelly looks like he’s gonna pound some Budweiser tonight.
LSU's backers aren't going to spend money on that performative douche nozzle.

Jerry Jones on the other hand...
Noli Timere Messorem
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

EnochRoot wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:58 pm
BeckyHammon’s hoodie wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:36 pm
LSU's backers aren't going to spend money on that performative douche nozzle.

Jerry Jones on the other hand...
LSU’s backers would give Hitler a lifetime contract if they thought he could coach them to a national title.

That said, it’s obviously likely Kelly isn’t going anywhere bc of his buyout unless he completely shits the bed.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I mean, I don't want to twist myself into knots here, but it's not like LSU lost to a crap G5 team. The hubris of some of these SEC fanbases is through the fucking roof.

You lost to a historical football power. In the first game, which has a lot of randomness and wonkiness built in.

(Which, say what you want about soft OOC schedules... I'm not sure I see the point of an SEC team playing anything other than cupcakes in the first 3 games. It's not like they aren't going to see a bunch of top 20 teams once the conf. games kick in.)
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

BTW, as I'm back online and reading up... Very interesting that FSU took full advantage of the transfer portal and whooped the Tigers, while Clemson (Swinney) has avoided using the portal and got got by Duke.

Sanders, love him or hate him, essentially threw together an all-star team and it shows a hell of a lot about his and his staff's acumen that they went on the road and stole one in Texas.

The game is changing and these stubborn, bury your head in the sand coaches aren't going to last very long.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:55 pm BTW, as I'm back online and reading up... Very interesting that FSU took full advantage of the transfer portal and whooped the Tigers, while Clemson (Swinney) has avoided using the portal and got got by Duke.

Sanders, love him or hate him, essentially threw together an all-star team and it shows a hell of a lot about his and his staff's acumen that they went on the road and stole one in Texas.

The game is changing and these stubborn, bury your head in the sand coaches aren't going to last very long.
Colorado has a lot of work yet to do on their defense. But, their offense very much deserved that win on Saturday. Travis Hunter and Shedur Sanders look like they'll be playing football on Sundays in a year or two.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I also recall reading over the offseason that TCU lost a ton of their skill players.

That said, I'd still put money on COL-3 with NEB coming to Boulder. That place has been waiting for something like this for a looooooong time.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Duke waxing Clemson is the craziest fucking result ever. Clemson has simply dominated the ACC for years now. And Duke is ... Duke. Nobody saw that coming.
Totally Kafkaesque
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Deserved. Clemson has some of the most dedicated fans but they better win at football... Although the other futbal not bad.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:24 pm I also recall reading over the offseason that TCU lost a ton of their skill players.

That said, I'd still put money on COL-3 with NEB coming to Boulder. That place has been waiting for something like this for a looooooong time.
Nebraska hasn't been to a bowl game since 2016 and, while Matt Ruhle has been a very good college coach, his first years have always been rough (2-10 at Temple, 1-11 at Baylor) before getting to .500 the following year, then being a winner. I'm not a bettor, but that line is saying "free money" to me.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:18 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:24 pm I also recall reading over the offseason that TCU lost a ton of their skill players.

Nebraska hasn't been to a bowl game since 2016 and, while Matt Ruhle has been a very good college coach, his first years have always been rough (2-10 at Temple, 1-11 at Baylor) before getting to .500 the following year, then being a winner. I'm not a bettor, but that line is saying "free money" to me.
I hope you’re right. This historically was a big rivalry game, and smug Nebraska fans in the last century made them my least-favorite college team forever.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Lets go Cats
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:54 am
DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:18 am

I hope you’re right. This historically was a big rivalry game, and smug Nebraska fans in the last century made them my least-favorite college team forever.
Sometimes, I feel like I should spent a few dollars to get several hundred dollars in free bets, but I never do.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Ryan wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:31 pmLets go Cats
Frick
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ryan wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:31 pmLets go Cats
Good game. Guessing NH will be in the playoffs this year and wouldn’t be surprised if they did some damage.