Fantasy Football 2023 General Discussion, Advice, etc.

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Re: Fantasy Football 2023 General Discussion, Advice, etc.

Post by Pruitt IV »

Pruitt IV wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:24 pm
My wife had a psychic flash and said "Flacco," so my season comes down to a 48 year old statue. Maybe Lamar will eat some bad oatmeal in the morning or something.
Flacco doing much better than I thought, and as a bonus, the guy I'm playing started Metcalf and Rice instead of Amari Cooper who may set records today
Canadian International
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Pruitt IV wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:08 pm
Pruitt IV wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:24 pm
My wife had a psychic flash and said "Flacco," so my season comes down to a 48 year old statue. Maybe Lamar will eat some bad oatmeal in the morning or something.
Flacco doing much better than I thought, and as a bonus, the guy I'm playing started Metcalf and Rice instead of Amari Cooper who may set records today
Giff is incinerating me right now with Flacco and Cooper. At least I’m going down without having a chance. I’d rather lose to dudes who go bonkers than just barely lose with both teams doing average.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Cooper is saving me in another money league too. But killing me in yet another!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

My team just didn't show up this week. It's been feast or famine all season.

I'll need like 65-70 points or something between Rice, Kelce, and DeVonta to even have a chance of making the championship.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Fantasy advice - try not to play someone in the semifinal who started breece hall. For fuckssake.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Ok need advice. Flowers or Zamir White in .5 ppr. I’m up 10 with Lamar and Barkley going as well. He has Likely, McCaffrey, and Chiefs to go. What the heck should I do??
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Giff wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:32 am Ok need advice. Flowers or Zamir White in .5 ppr. I’m up 10 with Lamar and Barkley going as well. He has Likely, McCaffrey, and Chiefs to go. What the heck should I do??
I had Flowers in both pools I'm in and never guessed right in terms of when he was going to actually do anything in a game. Issue is whether the Chiefs go up big early, but I'd go with White.
Canadian International
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

This is pissing me off! I had no decisions to make today and was content to just let the cards fall as they may.
Tom 1860
Jesus Quintana

Post by Tom 1860 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:08 pm Purdy if it’s 6 pts for passing TDs; Lamar if it isn’t.
So playing Lamar was defo the right way to go
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Turned out to not matter, in a good way. Two championship games along with two third-place games in my money leagues. I'll take it!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Wild ride this week. Projected to win big through Thursday and the first half of the 1:00s. Then down 10. Then down 20 when Evans blew up in the first quarter of the 4:00s. Went into Monday night game up 20 points with nobody playing, but my opponent had both Purdy and Deebo. ESPN gave me a 4% chance of winning and I felt that was too high. I only watched because I wanted to see how my season ended. Just kept waiting for that one long TD from Purdy to Deebo. This is my law school league, where we are in our 25th year, and I still haven't won despite making it to the finals 6 or 7 times and winning 10 straight division titles. Going against a guy who has been in the league since the first year and also never won, which has brought on a surprising amount of support and excitement in the group chat.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

And now is time for way overthinking shit. I picked up the Colts D a few weeks ago as they had the best Week 16 and 17 matchups. Their goose egg last week and the Raiders sporadically looking good has me rethinking. Ravens are available, #1 D in total points, but they are playing the Dolphins. No other decent options available. Do I take a strong D against an explosive offense or hope the Colts terrible week against the Falcons was a fluke?
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Ah. Defense roulette. I played that too. Picked up the Colts this past week because they were the #6 overall defense and they were playing Atlanta.

They got me -3 points.

The Patriots and their defense would've gotten me 17 points.

Honestly, throw a dart.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:31 pm And now is time for way overthinking shit. I picked up the Colts D a few weeks ago as they had the best Week 16 and 17 matchups. Their goose egg last week and the Raiders sporadically looking good has me rethinking. Ravens are available, #1 D in total points, but they are playing the Dolphins. No other decent options available. Do I take a strong D against an explosive offense or hope the Colts terrible week against the Falcons was a fluke?
IMO you should pluck the Ravens off the wire even if you don’t use them.
Noli Timere Messorem
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:54 pm
The Sybian wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:31 pm And now is time for way overthinking shit. I picked up the Colts D a few weeks ago as they had the best Week 16 and 17 matchups. Their goose egg last week and the Raiders sporadically looking good has me rethinking. Ravens are available, #1 D in total points, but they are playing the Dolphins. No other decent options available. Do I take a strong D against an explosive offense or hope the Colts terrible week against the Falcons was a fluke?
IMO you should pluck the Ravens off the wire even if you don’t use them.
That’s what I did. I’ll flip my coin on Saturday. The real joy is picking a kicker with Hopkins getting hurt last week. So much fun watching the Browns go for it on 4th and long in easy field goal range with their kicker injured.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Jerloma wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:03 pm Broke my league's single week scoring record...on a bye week! I'm so fucked.
You guys want to hear a fucking horror story?

Last week of the regular season (14), I lose both of my QBs - Herbert and Stroud. I still get a bye but the FA and trade deadline is at the end of week 14, so I trade Mostert for Goff as the best QB FA is Carr who's fragile as fuck and kind of blows. So I score all the points on my bye week as previously stated but I also lose my #1 WR in Pittman for week 16 semi. Then at 4:29 on Saturday, I switch out Pitts for Freiermuth because he had 10 catches against the Bengals last game and 11 targets last time Rudolph started...he gets a bagel. Of course Pitts had a 30 yard TD on 1st drive. Then Waddle gets hurt in the Miami game.

This shit is so stupid.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:26 pm
Jerloma wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:03 pm Broke my league's single week scoring record...on a bye week! I'm so fucked.
You guys want to hear a fucking horror story?

Last week of the regular season (14), I lose both of my QBs - Herbert and Stroud. I still get a bye but the FA and trade deadline is at the end of week 14, so I trade Mostert for Goff as the best QB FA is Carr who's fragile as fuck and kind of blows. So I score all the points on my bye week as previously stated but I also lose my #1 WR in Pittman for week 16 semi. Then at 4:29 on Saturday, I switch out Pitts for Freiermuth because he had 10 catches against the Bengals last game and 11 targets last time Rudolph started...he gets a bagel. Of course Pitts had a 30 yard TD on 1st drive. Then Waddle gets hurt in the Miami game.

This shit is so stupid.
Playoffs are all about luck, which is why I like leagues that have fewer teams in the playoffs and have a 2-week final. My money league has 6 out of 10 teams making the playoffs, and it seems like the favorites never win. This year's final is the 5th and 6th seed. Impressive with the 1 and 2 getting a bye and both losing their only playoff game.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Up 40, opponent only has Pacheco left. I’d take an epic bad beat, but I’m not ready to celebrate quite yet.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The Sybian wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:20 pm Up 40, opponent only has Pacheco left. I’d take an epic bad beat, but I’m not ready to celebrate quite yet.
I mean...Pachecho has had a REALLY good first half, you are still good but...
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:35 pm
The Sybian wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:20 pm Up 40, opponent only has Pacheco left. I’d take an epic bad beat, but I’m not ready to celebrate quite yet.
I mean...Pachecho has had a REALLY good first half, you are still good but...
I don’t know, I’m cursed in this league. Had some crazy championship and playoff loses in the past.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Rooting for you, man. My team decided to run out of gas at the wrong time. I'll have to settle for 4th, more than likely.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:58 pm Rooting for you, man. My team decided to run out of gas at the wrong time. I'll have to settle for 4th, more than likely.
Thanks, ended up winning by 14. Now I can die in peace. Eventually, not looking to go any time soon.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Holy ish - won the 3rd/4th place game in one of my money leagues (overcoming facing CeeDee Lamb) with Derek Carr and Easton Stick as my qbs (2-qb league) due to several big performances but mostly because Harrison Butker hammered home 24 points. As always, fantasy football is gloriously stupid.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Won two leagues and got third in another. Ending up with $1900. I’ll take it!
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Giff wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:46 am Won two leagues and got third in another. Ending up with $1900. I’ll take it!
Troof. Send me your Venmo. Everyone is settling up now.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

L-Jam3 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:02 pm
Giff wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:46 am Won two leagues and got third in another. Ending up with $1900. I’ll take it!
Troof. Send me your Venmo. Everyone is settling up now.
Yup will do! Thanks for inviting me to the league!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Whoop whoop!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.