Brand new songs produced by The Beatles…

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

Brand new songs produced by The Beatles…

Post by rass »

The final new song, coming Thursday.

I had started to write out a longer post detailing my memories of the band starting when I was 5 (still vivid). But it got wordy and long.

I think I’ll just boil it down to I’m not sure if they’re my favorite band, but I probably don’t know the full catalog of any other band better.

My kids love them, and we’ll hopefully always have that.

On any given day I hear it the exit from the bridge of Here Comes the Sun might make me happy cry.

I’m excited for Thursday and hope the floor is the 1995 anthology singles because I still like those.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
cerranoredux
Brandt

Re: Brand new songs produced by The Beatles…

Post by cerranoredux »

My mom would play a lot of Beatles when she was cleaning. “Fool on the Hill” always makes think of pine sol and The Dark Crystal for some reason? In college I listened to the shit out of Revolver.

Bottom line is I’m glad my mom had some taste in music. My dad just wanted to listen to WKGK in Philly which drove us nuts. Go Beatles.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I’ll always be very pro-Beatles. Unbelievably influential.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Piggy-backing off that comment, this was a topic at a recent softball gathering. Half our kids are atleast casually into the Beatles and not because the parents pushed them, it was just something that clicked when it was played so it was played more. And this is after I'd pulled all the early stuff off our iTunes because I can't stand it, so even the middle-later albums work. Like no one else from that era holds up (Stones aren't ubiquitous with kids) and the Beatles influenced most everyone, but none of those influenced bands ever displaced them. I don't come close to understanding music at the level where I could answer that question or probably comprehend the answer. Pretty wild.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

My daughter was such a huge fan that she had to hipster herself into NOT liking them for a few years in high school. Now she's back to sanity and likes them again.

We used to play the Beatles Rock Band game on the Xbox for hours. To the point that I really want to find the instruments again and give it to her for Christmas so we can play again.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Probably 12 out of my first 15 album purchases were Beatles albums.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Got to tell my mom this is happening tomorrow and she's excited, so that was nice, too.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Seems very Paul. And sad.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

My first exposure to the Beatles was pre-K. Our nursery school teacher would put either the Sgt Peppers or Magical Mystery Tour on the record player whenever it was time for arts and crafts (which come to think of it, was probably half the time in pre-K, no?).

Pretty sure my singing 'Hello Goodbye' after school at my parents was the first proof to them that I could in fact, learn something at school.
Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Modern day that would be a clear example of a teacher indoctrinating little babies into lives of future drug use.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

This Making Of video is pretty great.

Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Interesting that they didn't end up using John's piano. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_and_T ... tles_song)
Totally Kafkaesque
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

The official video is pretty great.
Totally Kafkaesque