Netflix Suggestions?

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Re: Netflix Suggestions?

Post by Nonlinear FC »

[+] spoiler
He was on the phone with 911, spewing what sounded like some nonsense. That whole situation was a lot of innuendo, so I'm not gonna say he outright did something, but he was definitely involved with talking to authorities about what happened. In fact, I bet the reason you don't really remember it is that the show left it pretty fuzzy. They had to, legally.
Another show that takes a wild turn... though in hindsight I probably could've figured out where it was going... is I Just Shot My Dad.

That's one fucked up story.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The other son (Buster) is about to come under increased scrutiny.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ty-exhumed

His "classmate" who happened to be fairly openly gay is killed with what looks like a gunshot to the head. But he's found in the middle of a back road 3 miles from his car. No signs of a hit and run, but that's what the investigation concluded. Very VERY shady.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

About 1/2 way through The Night Agent and it’s ok for a 24-lite type show even if I can already tell it’s going to be an episode or two long but you’re all still reading this so I can tell you we’re up to at least 3 actors (male and female) from Hallmark Christmas movies. Including at least one in a pretty pivotal role.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:21 pm About 1/2 way through The Night Agent and it’s ok for a 24-lite type show even if I can already tell it’s going to be an episode or two long but you’re all still reading this so I can tell you we’re up to at least 3 actors (male and female) from Hallmark Christmas movies. Including at least one in a pretty pivotal role.
If it’s Taylor Cole, I’m in.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

We just binged that last week. And yeah in the “please stop being so stupid about the mole in the government” genre,it’s not terrible.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Just watched the first two episodes of "Beef," and it is just great.
Canadian International
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

FUBAR is a very silly spy show. Like Chuck, but extra violent and with Arnold as the star. That’s not really a bad thing.

ETA: with a Hallmark dude
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I liked Extraction 2. Lots of “how did the camera do that” moments and so many fun kills and a training montage, all more than enough for me to enjoy myself.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Quarterbacks show featuring Mahomes, Cousins and Mariota is pretty good.

Cousins is such a nerd. Even though he's and MSU guy, I'm finding it hard to dislike the guy.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:01 pm The Quarterbacks show featuring Mahomes, Cousins and Mariota is pretty good.

Cousins is such a nerd. Even though he's and MSU guy, I'm finding it hard to dislike the guy.
He’s an anti-vax right-wing religious zealot. I find it easy to dislike him.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:59 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:01 pm The Quarterbacks show featuring Mahomes, Cousins and Mariota is pretty good.

He’s an anti-vax right-wing religious zealot. I find it easy to dislike him.
Yeah, as the season is progressing... You can tell he's not quite right in the noggin.

His wife is hot in a very Stepford vein.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This Quarterback Docu-series needs way less Brittany Mahomes.

She's really fucking annoying. And I'm only at the beginning of episode 2.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnnie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:57 pm This Quarterback Docu-series needs way less Brittany Mahomes.

Actual video of Johnnie:
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Incredibly accurate.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Yeah, in contrast to Mariota's cutie of a wife.

And I sent a screencap of Cousins' wife to my partner and she texted back: "Repressed AF."

My girl gets it.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Here's a suggestion:

Don't watch The Out-Laws.

Unless you are highly inebriated or in a giggle kind of pot high. One of the dumbest movies I've ever sat all the way through.

The cast is incredible, the plot is just insanely stupid.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:57 am Here's a suggestion:

Don't watch The Out-Laws.

Unless you are highly inebriated or in a giggle kind of pot high. One of the dumbest movies I've ever sat all the way through.

The cast is incredible, the plot is just insanely stupid.
I agree with all of this 100%. And I was neither when I watched.

Though the chase through the
[+] spoiler
cemetery

was an inspired take on a over done type of action scene.

Even if it didn’t make sense that
[+] spoiler
they got away
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Shittany Mahomes was insufferable in episode 7. I actually did tell "Shut the fuck up!" reflexively. And she continues her bullshit childishness in episode 8.

And you know what else pisses me off, especially compared to Kirk Cousins' wife Julie? She talks to her kids in that "goo goo ga ga" voice. It's fucking awful. I don't have kids and I'll never have kids. But when I'm around young kids I don't talk to them like Shittany.

Kirk and his wife have a couple young children, but look at how they talk to them. Like actual people. Is what you're supposed to do.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I openly now root against Cousins and Rodgers and Djokovic, really because of their anti-vax stance. My having Wimbledon on in the mornings these last two weeks was 2+ hours of me muttering "fucker... asshole... dammitt... asshole... dipshit... fuck..."

But I don't feel that way towards Lamar. And I'm not sure why. I say in my head that I don't look at it as bad when blacks have suspicion of the vax due to the Tuskegee Experiment, but I don't know if that holds water.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

L-Jam3 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:24 am I openly now root against Cousins and Rodgers and Djokovic, really because of their anti-vax stance. My having Wimbledon on in the mornings these last two weeks was 2+ hours of me muttering "fucker... asshole... dammitt... asshole... dipshit... fuck..."

But I don't feel that way towards Lamar. And I'm not sure why. I say in my head that I don't look at it as bad when blacks have suspicion of the vax due to the Tuskegee Experiment, but I don't know if that holds water.
I don't know if Jackson has ever come out as against vaccination and a brief Google search included finding him saying he was considering getting vaccinated, but it was a personal decision, but since Cousins and Rodgers have for reasons you are disinclined to see eye-to-eye with (let's just lump them under "right-wing"), that probably has a fair amount to do with your feelings.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:13 am
L-Jam3 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:24 am I openly now root against Cousins and Rodgers and Djokovic, really because of their anti-vax stance. My having Wimbledon on in the mornings these last two weeks was 2+ hours of me muttering "fucker... asshole... dammitt... asshole... dipshit... fuck..."

I don't know if Jackson has ever come out as against vaccination and a brief Google search included finding him saying he was considering getting vaccinated, but it was a personal decision, but since Cousins and Rodgers have for reasons you are disinclined to see eye-to-eye with (let's just lump them under "right-wing"), that probably has a fair amount to do with your feelings.
I thought Rodgers initially planned on getting the vaccine, but he is allergic to one of the ingredients and Fauci or the CDC said not to get the vaccine if you had that allergy.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:09 am
DSafetyGuy wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:13 am

I thought Rodgers initially planned on getting the vaccine, but he is allergic to one of the ingredients and Fauci or the CDC said not to get the vaccine if you had that allergy.
Don't know the Rodgers details, but I'm definitely not giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

From a Vice article:
Rodgers previously claimed in a press conference he’d been “immunized” against COVID; after testing positive this week, NFL.com reported he’d received a homeopathic treatment, and had lobbied the NFL to be considered vaccinated based on that treatment. Rodgers declined on McAfee’s show to disclose exactly what the treatment involved, although it sounds an awful lot like bogus homeopathic “vaccines” called nosodes that have been making the rounds for a number of years. Homeopathy is not a real medical discipline and does not work to prevent COVID or anything else.
He also took ivermectin on the advice of Joe Rogan. On the allergy claim:
Rodgers claimed that he has an allergy to the mRNA vaccines, which, if true, would be an extremely rare medical condition, and decided not to get a Johnson and Johnson vaccine over concerns about blood clots, which are extremely rare and are believed to largely affect women of reproductive age.
In any case, well beyond anything Lamar Jackson said.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Yeah, they’re both primadonna douchebags but for different reasons.
Noli Timere Messorem
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The Ivermectin is the dumbest point for me. Merck, the pharma who manufactures Ivermectin, came out and said "don't use this for COVID. It doesn't fucking work." What possible reason would they say something like this if it wasn't true? Why would a pharma voluntarily remove itself from a market of its drug unless it didn't work?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:12 pm The Ivermectin is the dumbest point for me. Merck, the pharma who manufactures Ivermectin, came out and said "don't use this for COVID. It doesn't fucking work." What possible reason would they say something like this if it wasn't true? Why would a pharma voluntarily remove itself from a market of its drug unless it didn't work?
Because Ivermectin is past the exclusive period and almost all Ivermectin is generic and Merck no longer makes money off it? Plus it retails for less than $1/pill. Not saying it’s effective for COVID, just that there is reason for Merck to dissuade people from using generic meds they no longer profit off of.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I didn’t realize the patent ran out. Carry on.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:57 pm This Quarterback Docu-series needs way less Brittany Mahomes.

I’ve developed a pretty good hate for every member of the Mahomes family at this point thanks to this series. Patrick is already a tremendous asshole and 10 more years of getting his taint licked isn’t going to help.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

They Cloned Tyrone
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The “Untold” doc on Johnny Manziel was meh but hilariously it means that 2/3rds of the 2012 Heisman finalists have now had a Netflix documentary about them. Enough to make you hope Collin Klein burns down a trailer park or something.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Jake Paul episode was pretty interesting to me. I really never bothered to give a shit about those guys, but just had a general sense that they were douchebags. I think that tag holds, to some extent, but learning about their father and also seeing what they are trying to do with the boxing industry... They aren't fully unredeemable at this point. Because... Fuck Dana White.

(Also, the behind the scenes stuff shows just how "fake" all of the pre-bout posturing is. I know some of those guys truly grow to hate one another in the run up, but SOOOO much of it is just for the cameras to drive pay per view numbers.)
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:00 am The “Untold” doc on Johnny Manziel was meh but hilariously it means that 2/3rds of the 2012 Heisman finalists have now had a Netflix documentary about them. Enough to make you hope Collin Klein burns down a trailer park or something.
Watched last night. Agreed on the 'meh.' Super hilarious that he didn't even register a minute on watching film. And even more hilarious the hoops his agent jumped through to get him ready for the combine. Only the Browns would draft a guy like that.
Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:07 am(Also, the behind the scenes stuff shows just how "fake" all of the pre-bout posturing is. I know some of those guys truly grow to hate one another in the run up, but SOOOO much of it is just for the cameras to drive pay per view numbers.)
Why I don't follow boxing or MMA. It's a never ending hype train for the months following.

All the press conferences and face to face nonsense where there's this illusion of hatred only for the match to be over and the victor to go, "I have to give my respect to [loser], he's a real champion and bought the best out of me in this match." with a sustained bro hug and smiling.

Like, if I hate someone and I knock them out, I'm dancing on their grave and calling their mom a ho after I beat them up.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Watched Steven Soderburgh’s 2019 movie, The Laundromat. Somewhat similar in style and subject matter to The Big Short, although it deals with a different kind of financial malfeasance. So, if you liked the latter, you might like this one. Lots of stars and recognizable faces, too, such as Gary Oldman, Antonio Banderas, Meryl Streep, Sharon Stone, others…
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Absolutely loved "The Cloned Tyrone"
[+] spoiler
While parts of it were funny, definitely not the comedy I expected.
Canadian International
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That'll be a yes for me, dawg.

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Just watched the first of the four Wes Anderson short films adapted from a book of Roald Dahl stories. The one I watched was The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar. It was great. Very Wes Anderson, in the best sense of that description. Stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Ben Kingsley, Ralph Fiennes, and Dev Patel.

Now, I’m excited to watch the other three - The Swan, Poison, and The Ratcatcher. They all recently got added by Netflix.

PS: Anderson’s film Fantastic Mr. Fox was also based on a Roald Dahl work.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:16 pm Just watched the first of the four Wes Anderson short films adapted from a book of Roald Dahl stories. The one I watched was The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar. It was great. Very Wes Anderson, in the best sense of that description. Stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Ben Kingsley, Ralph Fiennes, and Dev Patel.

Now, I’m excited to watch the other three - The Swan, Poison, and The Ratcatcher. They all recently got added by Netflix.

PS: Anderson’s film Fantastic Mr. Fox was also based on a Roald Dahl work.
I just watched all four.
[+] spoiler
The first one was fantastic, and will probably win awards. The Swan was disturbing, but well shot. The third one, The Rat Catcher was OK. The final one, Poison was eh. But OK. None of the latter three came remotely close to the level of the first one though. That one was masterclass stuff - narrated as if it were a nested, Russian doll.
Noli Timere Messorem
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Blue Eye Samurai is pretty great shit.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:28 pm Blue Eye Samurai is pretty great shit.
Co worker says it's amazing. I need to check it out.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

A_B wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:08 am
rass wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:28 pm Blue Eye Samurai is pretty great shit.
Co worker says it's amazing. I need to check it out.
It made Sepinwall's year end list so it was on my radar, but the rass endorsement moves it up the pecking order.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.