Rants 2?

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Rants 2?

Post by A_B »

they considered cancelling for the prom i hear.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Have you ever watched a basketball, football or baseball game before?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote:Have you ever watched a basketball, football or baseball game before?
Or rugby?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

wlu_lax6 wrote:Before the first Japanese sub, #10 must have gone through the entire roster, staff, etc, doing handshakes, hugs, etc.
#10 on Japan was playing in the final game of her 6th and presumably final World Cup.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Pretty sure the way they did the lineup shots was exactly the same as for the men's tournament last year.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

rass wrote:
mister d wrote:Have you ever watched a basketball, football or baseball game before?
Or rugby?
The Hakka gets a free pass from me for Rugby. However, when teams outside of NZ do a Hakka and non-rugby teams do a Hakka (i.e. New Zealand national lacrosse team) it feels a bit phony.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Fair point. I almost give baseball a pass because there is just so much time to kill during the game (rain delay antics can be good or tired). I am almost willing to give choreographed hand shakes a pass, but not James throwing chalk.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

No, and I've never even heard of basketball.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Aren't Go Fund Me pages for things like invention start ups and raising money for people in need?

This is the page of an able bodied, healthy military member I used to work with: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everyone groaned audibly and cringed when reading his description. Just fuckawful all the way around. My entire unit and others on base are dumbfounded and really annoyed by it. This is a shameless beg of lots of money for no reason.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

i am assuming it is a violation of some rule if he mentioned his military status in his beg. I am also guessing if he did state he was active duty military, his pledge total would be a bit higher.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

howard wrote:i am assuming it is a violation of some rule if he mentioned his military status in his beg. I am also guessing if he did state he was active duty military, his pledge total would be a bit higher.
His location is listed as APO, so that is a giveaway, but I don't see any direct mention.

For a donation of $5,000 he will personally send me an e-mail thanking me for my donation. That is tempting. And the smallest donation option is $25. Who the fuck would pay some douchebag who likes taking pictures and wants a new camera? Is there a way to write a message without making a donation? I'd love to send him a message. I can donate to a family that can't afford life saving surgery for their kid, food for starving kids in a refugee camp after running away from a genocide, or pay for some guy to buy a new camera. He even makes a self deprecating joke that he has proven the camera does not make the photographer. So I am supposed to give him money to buy a sweet camera he isn't talented enough to adequately use? Fuck him. My golf clubs are old, but I am too cheap to buy a new set. I can easily afford to, but please give me the money to buy them. I'll send you a text message for a Calloway driver. Where is the donate button for a punch in the balls?
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I want to start a shadow gofundme to raise $25 to in turn donate to this dude just to see Johnnie (and Syb?) really get pissed.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:I want to start a shadow gofundme to raise $25 to in turn donate to this dude just to see Johnnie (and Syb?) really get pissed.
No idea why that pissed me off so much. Maybe I should go jerk off to let out some pent up hostility.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

He's probably a republican who hates welfare.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

rass wrote:I want to start a shadow gofundme to raise $25 to in turn donate to this dude just to see Johnnie (and Syb?) really get pissed.
"My family and I want to go to Hawaii for a couple weeks this summer, but we also want to upgrade our 2 year old kitchen appliances to high end brands like Wolf and Sub-Zero. Unfortunately, we can't do both this year without me selling atleast half of my 50 yard line tickets for the upcoming Giants season. Please help us in any way you can."
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian wrote:
No idea why that pissed me off so much. Maybe I should go jerk off to let out some pent up hostility.
As a sideline, I am a freelance masturbator capturing the beauty of the world around us, amazing architecture, significant world events, precision automotive design/performance, humanitarian crisis, impressive landscapes, culture and the human form. This is my outlet, an escape and a less-than-steady second income (if you want to call it that). Perhaps that's due to focusing more on the art of capturing the moment than the dollars chasing it. Self-taught with an eye for perspective, each load I shoot has a little part of my soul, my experience and journey, something to share with you (my audience, mentor and motivator) and hopefully inspire others in their own travels, sessions, creativity and/or life.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

My wife's cousin and his wife who make easily over 150K a year started a gofundme to send their 8 year old kid to the nationals for gymnastics in Florida. The reason? The whole family was already going to Disney World just a few weeks later so they couldn't afford this.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Jesus FC.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

mister d wrote:Jesus FC.
Total domination in the Israel Premier League.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:
As a sideline, I am a freelance masturbator capturing the beauty of the world around us, amazing architecture, significant world events, precision automotive design/performance, humanitarian crisis, impressive landscapes, culture and the human form. This is my outlet, an escape and a less-than-steady second income (if you want to call it that). Perhaps that's due to focusing more on the art of capturing the moment than the dollars chasing it. Self-taught with an eye for perspective, each load I shoot has a little part of my soul, my experience and journey, something to share with you (my audience, mentor and motivator) and hopefully inspire others in their own travels, sessions, creativity and/or life.
For a donation of $25, I will mail you a Jackson Pollack style painting exhibiting my work.

J-Lo, I hope nobody gave your cousin a penny.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The Sybian wrote:
rass wrote:
For a donation of $25, I will mail you a Jackson Pollack style painting exhibiting my work.

I think just the grandparents did but they didn't make the goal so they ended up getting nothing.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

BSF21 wrote:
Nice!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Pruitt wrote:
BSF21 wrote:
Nice!
Yeah, that deserves double-quote kudos.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Jerloma wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
rass wrote:

I think just the grandparents did but they didn't make the goal so they ended up getting nothing.
Oh, and still managed to go to the nationals. Go figure.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I legitimately hate that family.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote:I legitimately hate that family.
C'mon 'loma, give us a family portrait. You can blur out the kids's faces or whatever it takes to make you comfortable.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

She's better looking than him, but if she's a 7 and he's a 5, he thinks she's a 9 and that's why he goes along with this sort of shit.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote:I legitimately hate that family.
Oh they're the worst. They constantly post picture of themselves on Facebook crossfitting and on Memorial Day they always visit cemeteries so they can post pictures of the girls (that's what she always calls them except in a southern drawl - "the guuurrrls") placing flowers on tombstones while you're getting drunk and grilling steak. She calls him hubby. They communicate by posting on each other's Facebook wall when they're in the same house. The father molested the adopted sister and they still let him watch the guuurrrllls. They blast government social programs while she gets TDI for anxiety. I could go on.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Oh and worst of all...huuuuuge Duke fans.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Oh my god...they got married in my living room and said they'd appreciate it if I wasn't there!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

P.D.X. wrote:He's probably a republican who hates welfare.
Born and raised in Texas. Went on an anti-Jon Stewart mini rant after his candid comments about Charleston. Just an all around tool that lacks self awareness. And we all ragged on him at work for being "tacticool" despite not being anything of the sort. A lot of people were glad he was moved out of the unit.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I choose to believe your posts are lies, Jerloma
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma wrote:Oh my god...they got married in my living room and said they'd appreciate it if I wasn't there!
Holy shit. That's just...

Should have Al Bundy'd that ceremony.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

They sent the girls to kindergarten twice, not for academic reasons, but so they'd have a physical advantage for sports in high school.
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

Giff wrote:
Pruitt wrote:
BSF21 wrote:
Nice!
Yeah, that deserves double-quote kudos.
Triple. Even though I don't like their reliance on set-pieces like the old rolling-away-the-stone play.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

DC47 wrote: Triple. Even though I don't like their reliance on set-pieces like the old rolling-away-the-stone play.
Clearly a lot of luck. I mean, how often does that play work?
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

Well, there are teams in the Hindu Premier League claiming that their form of this play works on a routine basis for them. Vishnu United is frequently first in the table, largely due to their metempsychotic success.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:They sent the girls to kindergarten twice, not for academic reasons, but so they'd have a physical advantage for sports in high school.
I've heard of a lot of people doing that, except for academic/social reasons. Cut off is October, my son was born in July, and my MIL thought we were foolish not to hold my son back. His cousin is 2 weeks older, and they had him start K the following year. The cousin is huge, not fat, but built like a linebacker, tall, extremely intelligent and a huge prankster/class clown. The kid is so bored in school, he i constantly in trouble, and refuses to answer questions on tests because he doesn't care. If any kid needed to be pushed ahead, it's this kid.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Kid 1 falls two days before the cutoff and is wildly incoordinated so she'll be starting school on time.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The Sybian wrote:
Jerloma wrote:They sent the girls to kindergarten twice, not for academic reasons, but so they'd have a physical advantage for sports in high school.
I've heard of a lot of people doing that, except for academic/social reasons. Cut off is October, my son was born in July, and my MIL thought we were foolish not to hold my son back. His cousin is 2 weeks older, and they had him start K the following year. The cousin is huge, not fat, but built like a linebacker, tall, extremely intelligent and a huge prankster/class clown. The kid is so bored in school, he i constantly in trouble, and refuses to answer questions on tests because he doesn't care. If any kid needed to be pushed ahead, it's this kid.
Our cut-off is August 31st. They were born at the beginning of August. I'd think before making a decision to hold a kid back, you should wait to see if they actually struggle. The Ginger One was born in mid-August and struggled a little at first and they wanted us to hold her back after 2nd grade. We just got her a little help and now she's NJHS.

Plus, for people that complain so much about taxes, making the taxpayers pay 2 extra years of public school just so your kids can have an advantage in sports is ultra-bullshit.