Commercials

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

L-Jam3
The Dude

Re: Commercials

Post by L-Jam3 »

I draw a direct line from that piece of shit making herself famous because of, and not merely despite, her lack of any discernible talent, attractiveness, or anything interesting to say and the presidency of TFG. She’s fucking despicable and I genuinely wish ill upon her.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:21 pm I draw a direct line from that piece of shit making herself famous because of, and not merely despite, her lack of any discernible talent, attractiveness, or anything interesting to say and the presidency of TFG. She’s fucking despicable and I genuinely wish ill upon her.
Damn, that’s a strong take. I found her annoyingly overexposed, but I don’t blame her for capitalizing on her 15 minutes, and I don’t recall her doing anything bad, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I just forgot. I respect her more if it was an act. Gotta say, I haven’t thought about her in 20 years and can’t muster a drop of fucks to give either way about her.

Hot take, I never thought she was attractive. Her sister was much better looking.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Paris Hilton? If you wake up next to that, you’ll spend the rest of your life battling cold sores.
Noli Timere Messorem
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

The BTN needs better commercials sales team because they have run the same ads every break

* Caitlan Clark can play hoops but can't stiff as a board and can't seem to get the jingle rigth in the State Farm ad
* The Buffalo in the BWW ads sounds like Will Arnet but is not..but I do like the idea of BWW trying to get the "Let's Go Sports Bar" chant a thing (but there is a scene where a guy looks like he is trying to make out with the buffalo).
* Old Trapper ads look like they were made by a high school club...and who knew there was an official beef jerky of the B1G.
* Also a Pretzel role at Wendy's on the Baconator sounds pretty good....but the Wendy's crew in the ad is only slightly less annoying than the crew from the Progressive Flo ads.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The majority of commercials on the ACC Network are for "tactical" products made by Bell and Howell. Most of the rest are for junk you buy online or from companies that also run podcast commercials and use a referral code.

Once in a while during a game, you get a Bojangles commercial.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:56 pm
* The Buffalo in the BWW ads sounds like Will Arnet but is not..but I do like the idea of BWW trying to get the "Let's Go Sports Bar" chant a thing (but there is a scene where a guy looks like he is trying to make out with the buffalo).
It's Beck Bennett, I think.
* Also a Pretzel role at Wendy's on the Baconator sounds pretty good....but the Wendy's crew in the ad is only slightly less annoying than the crew from the Progressive Flo ads.
How dare you?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I love Beck Bennett.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

a) I find the Wendy's crew to be slightly amusing.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:24 pm a) I find the Wendy's crew to be slightly amusing.
Dubba cuppa java.

I like flo and jamie too.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:40 am
L-Jam3 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:21 pm I draw a direct line from that piece of shit making herself famous because of, and not merely despite, her lack of any discernible talent, attractiveness, or anything interesting to say and the presidency of TFG. She’s fucking despicable and I genuinely wish ill upon her.
Damn, that’s a strong take. I found her annoyingly overexposed, but I don’t blame her for capitalizing on her 15 minutes, and I don’t recall her doing anything bad, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I just forgot. I respect her more if it was an act. Gotta say, I haven’t thought about her in 20 years and can’t muster a drop of fucks to give either way about her.

Hot take, I never thought she was attractive. Her sister was much better looking.
1) She's not really out of the public eye. For one thing, she's got two reality shows going. Or there was one about her life and then a new one about her getting married. Apparently she's had 2 kids no one really new about?

2) I totally understand the animosity and, yes, her and the Kardashians are pretty gross (IMO). Paris is a little more complicated to me, as I've heard her interviewed and while she's not going to floor you with her intellect, she's nowhere near the vacuous bimbo she portrayed for so many years.

3) To that point, she is an outspoken critic of the for profit, "wilderness therapy" industry where parents ship off "troubled teens" to places that are often physically and psychologically abusive. There's a Netflix doc called Hell Camp out and Paris is shown on the front end lobbying Congress on the issue.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Man, for some reason I liked Zoe Saldana’s delivery of the “you look like a marshmallow” line and they replaced it??
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Who is that English guy who somehow looks like both Clive Owen AND Roger Federer (even though those two dudes don’t really look alike) in that Mercedes ad?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Matthew Macfayden.

Tom Wambsgans in Succession.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0532193/?ref_=tt_cl_t_5
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Isn’t Federer in the ad?

And what’s up with the headrest in one of the last shots of the commercial? Looks like a puffy pillow.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

rass wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:33 pm Isn’t Federer in the ad?

And what’s up with the headrest in one of the last shots of the commercial? Looks like a puffy pillow.
He is.

L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Ugh. That was dumb of me thinking that was just one dude.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

“Little tiny prick” making me laugh every time.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The online stream I'm watching for the Celtics/Mavericks game right now is from NBC Boston. So I'm getting local commercials, like this one. They really needed to get people with actual Boston accents to do this.

HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

$300 and balloon of smack would have gotten them a much better commercial
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Speaking of regional, any of the Philadelphia area swampers know where online I can find the radio commercial for a personal injury firm that's a guy who fell at work ... AT WALMART? The family fell in love with it during the trip last month to the point we all stayed in the car at one point to finish it even though we'd already parked.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I don’t listen to a lot of terrestrial radio anymore, but maybe Pond LeHockey? Or maybe Morgan & Morgan?
Last edited by L-Jam3 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Oh man, regional commercials.

There were 2 in Bossier City/Shreveport that just make me laugh every single time. If I've already posted these, whatever. Worth the repost:

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:23 am I don’t listen to a lot of terrestrial radio anymore, but maybe Pond LeHockey?

I see tons of their billboards in the Poconos region. Always think there is no way those are real names.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Dan McQuade brought them up in Defector’s podcast about a month ago. The hosts (Magary and Roth) were in the same boat as you, with Magary thinking it was how people in Quebec say “pond hockey”.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sadly it was not Pond LeHockey ... those are my favorite of all the dopey billboards on the way in because I forget about them every time so its new all over again. I think this was on WRNB.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Still my favorite local radio ad is when God commands “JACK, SELL ‘EM FOR LESS!!!”
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Ok, I want to be cynical about this ad campaign but dammit, I genuinely laughed

Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Struggling to think of a better piece of art
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Fucking hell, that's great.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

2029 Swampcrash Superbowl:

Name one of the actors, athlete, band, or animated characters depicted in the Paramount Mountain Super Bowl commercial which aired in 2024 (11)
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Now that’s how you do an ad. Legit loling.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Ryan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:24 pm Struggling to think of a better piece of art
Goddamn it’s good.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I don’t know what show the red animated character is from but the gruff insistent “throw him” keeps making me giggle.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

“Not built for the moment I see “ - it’s genuinely brilliant
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Patrick Stewart is the greatest. So many great bits in this, but my favorite is when he looks at the playbook on his wrist.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Love that 1930s-style football gear Stewart is wearing.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I didn’t see Arnold at first so when they said football-shape I was really hoping it was going to be Stewie. That would’ve made this my favorite thing ever instead of being in the top 5.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:54 pm I don’t know what show the red animated character is from but the gruff insistent “throw him” keeps making me giggle.
I'm an idiot, but that feels like a secondary character from the "Sonic" movies.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Yeah that’s Knuckles the Echidna.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Peppa Pig is up for anything.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.