The Pot Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: The Pot Thread

Post by mister d »

I meant brand. One of the memory devices I've never forgotten was "sativa <> sedative, indica -> in da couch". Which is very close to the Michael Scott "green means go so 'don't go there'" or whatever that quote was, I am aware.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Wait, you guys ask for details before just eating things your friends surreptitiously hand you in tiny ziplock bags?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

rass wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:54 am Wait, you guys ask for details before just eating things your friends surreptitiously hand you in tiny ziplock bags?
Couple you edit that to "tiny clear ziplock" please?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

"tiny disposable ziplock"?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:51 am
mister d wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:48 am Do you know which ones?
Yeah, Indica makes me sleepy, but sativa makes me more alert.
Sleepy isn't the right word for me, more like slipping in and out of consciousness. It's like a really deep sleep for a few minutes, then I struggle to watch a show and try to enjoy the high. Wake up feeling better rested than any time in my life. The weird thing, if I drink at the same time, it seems like it lessens the edible effects.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

I have to go hybrid. Pure Sativa wakes my brain up. I can be tired as hell and if I've smoked in the last 2 hours my brain thinks it's time to solve the world's problems.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I've settled into a decent routine of an indica or hybrid edible with a sativa hit and then an indica hit before bed if I feel like nothing's happening to put me out.

(Buuuuuuut I've also read that you can't really rely on sativa/indica with a lot of vapes so who knows if it all works or if its placebo/internal clock more than anything.)
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Agree you want a hit of each separately. Some of the hybrids do ok some not so much. Cant really smoke after 9 or I wake up dragging but I do get a similar 2hr jolt of alertness with either the sativa or the indica, cant remember which. The other makes me pass out. So both!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I was in a convenience store and saw a display of "THC-0" gummies and vape pens. Vape pens came in indica or sativa, so I'm assuming it's weed. NJ is still in limbo, where marijuana was legalized 15 months ago, but no word on legal sales. Looks like THC-0 is hemp derived, so it's legal to sell, despite being 3 times more potent than THC. I've also been hearing ads for Delta-8, which has similar effects as THC, but is slightly different and somehow legal. Anyone have any experience with these substances? It seems more legit than the wave of synthetic marijuana like Spice that came out years ago and ended up being dangerous.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:11 pm ...NJ is still in limbo, where marijuana was legalized 15 months ago, but no word on legal sales...
I think this month (Feb 2022) was set as the deadline for when commercial sales should start.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Curious how that's going to go, inventory-wise. There are plenty of times now where entire item types are out of stock, not just specific brands. It never lasts more than a couple days but would be a problem if its due to actual lack of supply and the customer-base is about to increase by some multiple of its current number.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Won't pass the Senate and would probably be vetoed by the president of it did, so, cool. Whatever.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

NJ just delayed recreational because they say there's a 100MM pound deficit to cover medical + the expected rec sales.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:41 pm NJ just delayed recreational because they say there's a 100MM pound deficit to cover medical + the expected rec sales.
So, it's not legal simply because there isn't enough supply?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:50 pm
mister d wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:41 pm NJ just delayed recreational because they say there's a 100MM pound deficit to cover medical + the expected rec sales.
Which leads to the obvious assumption that NJ has plenty they just don't want to get high on their own supply.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:50 pmSo, it's not legal simply because there isn't enough supply?
I guess they're prioritizing avoiding a medical shortfall over all else? Related, I stocked up big time at the end of December to avoid the opposite scenario.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

It's legal, we just don't have recreational sales yet. My friend told me a gas station by his house sells. Well, they sell the packaging and the edibles inside are a free gift, so they aren't selling pot.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:18 pm
It's legal, we just don't have recreational sales yet. My friend told me a gas station by his house sells. Well, they sell the packaging and the edibles inside are a free gift, so they aren't selling pot.
Will that defense hold up in court, Mr. Hutz?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

It’s legal to buy it. It’s legal to own it. It’s illegal to sell it unless you are the proprietor of a hash bar.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

A_B wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:45 pm It’s legal to buy it. It’s legal to own it. It’s illegal to sell it unless you are the proprietor of a hash bar.
You know what they call a quarter pounder in France?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Hilarious.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

NJ is going medical on 04-21 because they didn’t want to risk 04-20.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:54 pm NJ is going medical on 04-21 because they didn’t want to risk 04-20.
Recreational? Only 7 locations… going to be months before they sort this shit out. I’m assuming it’ll be ridiculous lines until more locations permitted to sell. Also, no edibles?
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

7 chains, I think 13 locations? Maplewood is on the list, Montclair and Union not. I know someone who can help with edibles if needed ; P
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

It would seem to me that the gov't would slow down the process of getting food containing THC approved. Cuz otherwise it really doesn't make any sense to allow smoking weed but not eating it. Right?

Then again, full body highs are a thousand times more fulfilling than any oxygen-deprived brain high you get from smoking a joint, so I'm definitely biased.
Noli Timere Messorem
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Noobs always f up with edibles.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:11 pm Noobs always f up with edibles.
Yeah, a tiny gummy… who’d think it’s a double dose? First time eating an indica one, three hours later was the perfect time to take a call from my wife to decide to buy a house. As slipping in and out of consciousness a dozen times realizing I was still speaking each time. I guess it all worked out.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The only reason I never fucked up with edibles is because of the infinite cautionary tales. Just got a tincture so that’s my new chance to fuck up.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I got REALLY sick last night off an edible combined with a moderate amount of wine (seriously, 3 glasses over the course of the evening.) Wife was totally fine, but I got really dizzy and booted for longer than I thought necessary.

It was a different brand than we usually consume, so maybe that was it, but it was our typical amount of CBD/THC mix, so... Has me a little spooked.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Edible + alcohol doesn’t work well for me unless I take the edible really early. I’ve had two or three times where I wake up the next day extremely jittery and head-cloudy. Never an issue vaping.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

At my sister's for the weekend. The next door neighbors'dog's name is Blaze and my sister's garage code is 0420. Still no weed though.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Big Hitler fan?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

You think there's comedy in Iowa?
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

When Ed Zipper's on stage.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

If you were flying from Cincinnati to Boston would you risk putting a cape battery in the bag? I’m driving back so I plan to stock up while I’m in mass but not sure if I should put anything in carryon. Pretty sure my kid did though.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:18 pm If you were flying from Cincinnati to Boston would you risk putting a cape battery in the bag? I’m driving back so I plan to stock up while I’m in mass but not sure if I should put anything in carryon. Pretty sure my kid did though.
I’m pretty sure Superman just charges the battery in his cape before he flies.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Good point.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

All kidding aside, I’ve also wondered about whether I could stash my vape battery in the corner of my carryon roller suitcase and get away with it.

My unscientific experience is that the smaller the airport, the greater the scrutiny by TSA agents.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I’ve read anything without weed/residue is safe so I imagine you’re fine.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »