The Pot Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Giff
The Dude

Re: The Pot Thread

Post by Giff »

I really like the Airpro thanks to Brian. The cartridges are different for that one though.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Its my understanding that not all pens necessarily work with cartridges from different companies? True?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:48 pm Its my understanding that not all pens necessarily work with cartridges from different companies? True?
True to a point. There are several different manufacturers of pens, some of whose cartridges only work in their particular brand of pen (like the AiroPro ones Giff mentioned). That said, if those manufacturers represent the "Betamax" option, the vast, vast majority of cartridges are designed to support the "standard"/"VHS" 510-thread pens.

If generically referring to a weed pen, you'd almost certainly be referring to a 510-thread pen. Any dispensary, about 90 to 95 percent of its available cartridges are going to be 510-thread compatible. If you try to purchase a cartridge that isn't, the staff will almost certainly alert you.

ETA: There are probably HUNDREDS of manufacturers of vape pens, but with like about three or four exceptions I can think of, those are all 510 thread pens. It's unnecessarily confusing I'll admit. But no one can stop someone from making a different standard of vape pen if they're also going to make the cartridges for it. But like I said, every dispensary I've ever been in will go overboard to make sure you know if you're not buying a 510 thread cart.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:48 pm Its my understanding that not all pens necessarily work with cartridges from different companies? True?

as noted earlier in this thread, I've had a couple that worked...but only after I took a safety pin to the contact plate on the bottom of the cartridge and moved it or cleared it. Before they "worked" but it was similar to hitting a really really resin-clogged pipe. The first hit after I fixed them was a doosy.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Rush2112 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:54 pm

as noted earlier in this thread, I've had a couple that worked...but only after I took a safety pin to the contact plate on the bottom of the cartridge and moved it or cleared it. Before they "worked" but it was similar to hitting a really really resin-clogged pipe. The first hit after I fixed them was a doosy.
I’ve had this happen as well. Like you implied that’s not a compatibility issue but a manufacturing defect of some kind or another.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Amazon says workers and applicants fired or barred during marijuana screening are now eligible for employment
The company is also lobbying the federal government to legalize marijuana
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

To circle back, I went with Vessel because I liked the idea of variable settings and they were having a sale. So far, so good.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Oh yeah. I was told at a party last weekend that the CBD place downtown sells "stickers" and when you ask for stickers they say "$20 or $50?" and once you've bought your stickers they ask if you want to trade them and when you say "yes" they then take the stickers back and hand you a bag of weed. The person who I was talking to only had secondhand experience, but it was via his wife (who eventually rolled a joint and smoked it that evening). The CBD store is located basically in the shadow of city hall on the most prominent corner in town. I can't decide if that makes sense to be allowed in the current legal but not fully commercially available limbo NJ is in or if it's shady or what.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I used some RSO the other day and really enjoyed it. Next time I order from the green grocer, I'm going to add a syringe of this to my order.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:20 pm Oh yeah. I was told at a party last weekend that the CBD place downtown sells "stickers" and when you ask for stickers they say "$20 or $50?" and once you've bought your stickers they ask if you want to trade them and when you say "yes" they then take the stickers back and hand you a bag of weed. The person who I was talking to only had secondhand experience, but it was via his wife (who eventually rolled a joint and smoked it that evening). The CBD store is located basically in the shadow of city hall on the most prominent corner in town. I can't decide if that makes sense to be allowed in the current legal but not fully commercially available limbo NJ is in or if it's shady or what.
It's shady, but I'm not sure if the store could be prosecuted. Sure, it's a thin veil to buy a sticker and immediately trade it for weed, but maybe it'd work? I think most Judges would say it's selling weed, but maybe some would say it isn't. I don't think the purchaser could get in trouble, as long as it's under the possession limit, which I believe is 6 ounces. Just sucks that it's almost been a year, and there is almost no movement on setting the rules for sales. I thought I could replenish in Colorado next month, now I'm stuck waiting. Stupid COVID.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

bfj wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:26 pm I used some RSO the other day and really enjoyed it. Next time I order from the green grocer, I'm going to add a syringe of this to my order.
Holy Jesus, glad that stuff didn't exist when I was in high school or college. Someone would have thought it was funny to drop that stuff onto unsuspecting people or add it to a joint.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If you ignore the startup costs, the whole process couldn't have been much quicker and easier here. Plus its fun to shop for shit you couldn't ever before.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:32 pm If you ignore the startup costs, the whole process couldn't have been much quicker and easier here. Plus its fun to shop for shit you couldn't ever before.
Where did you go?
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

bfj wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:26 pm I used some RSO the other day and really enjoyed it. Next time I order from the green grocer, I'm going to add a syringe of this to my order.
Most weed you get nowadays is already way, way stronger than what we smoked back in the day. I get stoned almost immediately as it is, so no feckin' way do I need this extra-strength stuff!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:36 pmMost weed you get nowadays is already way, way stronger than what we smoked back in the day.
Ha, yes. Edibles were fine but the first time I used the pen I was glad I did it when the family was gone.
The Sybian wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:35 pmWhere did you go?
I go to the place in Montclair because their stock seems to be about 3x what Maplewood has without as many inventory fluctuations. The card was through Good Vibe Medical which was all over the phone.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:40 pm
sancarlos wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:36 pmMost weed you get nowadays is already way, way stronger than what we smoked back in the day.
Ha, yes. Edibles were fine but the first time I used the pen I was glad I did it when the family was gone.
The Sybian wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:35 pmWhere did you go?
I go to the place in Montclair because their stock seems to be about 3x what Maplewood has without as many inventory fluctuations. The card was through Good Vibe Medical which was all over the phone.
So you got a medical card... interesting. Only time I used a vape was SCK's. Walking down a very long hotel hallway with constantly repeating patterns had me giggling like toddler. I thought I walked a couple miles and it just wouldn't end. NJ just needs to copy California's laws for dispensaries. Best shopping experience I've had in any store for any product. All the people freaking out that dispensaries are going to lead to piles of vagrants in the street need to grow up.
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:30 pm
Holy Jesus, glad that stuff didn't exist when I was in high school or college. Someone would have thought it was funny to drop that stuff onto unsuspecting people or add it to a joint.
The guy who shared it with me told me that I only a drop the size of a piece of rice. I scoffed. He gave me a rice size piece and told me that if in 45 minutes, I didn't feel it, he would give me more. I took no more. I wasn't bombed, but I was comfortably high.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Girl next to me sparks up the most wonderfully smelling herb I've ever smelled. Weed defacto legal in any American city. Its early afternoon. 420 I know but legal or not the legals states have influenced us all.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Got a kind pen that either really sucks or i don't know how to use it. No button, autodraw, but when a cartridge is screwed in, it's like the heater never stops. Anyone had an issue like that before? Can't find much on the web, but it appears this is a pretty new model that I ordered on a whim late one night. I can call customer service but figured I'd ask.
Last edited by A_B on Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeeeaaahhh!!!
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Been banking on that the whole time.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Of all the times for me to be doing a THC "detox"...
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

206 days and a wake up, you guys.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:30 pm 206 days and a wake up, you guys.
Excited for you!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Giff wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:30 pm
Johnnie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:30 pm 206 days and a wake up, you guys.
Excited for you!
Samesies!!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Recreational sales in New Mexico start on 4/1. I want to move to there.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:35 pm Been banking on that the whole time.
I'm taking multiple boosters daily.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I honestly don't remember the last day I didn't have a booster. Maybe the our first two days in Hawaii in 2017?
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

Giff wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:57 pm Recreational sales in New Mexico start on 4/1. I want to move to there.
Move to Toronto.

I have 7 stores within a 15 minute walk, and maybe 20 within a 10 minute drive. Whenever a retail spot becomes available (which is often these days) a weed store opens up.
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

pruitt2 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:59 pm
Giff wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:57 pm Recreational sales in New Mexico start on 4/1. I want to move to there.
Move to Toronto.

I have 7 stores within a 15 minute walk, and maybe 20 within a 10 minute drive. Whenever a retail spot becomes available (which is often these days) a weed store opens up.
Yes move to the most expensive city in a country known for its inexpensive cost of living.

(I kid. (A little).
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Move to Toronto.

Is there a restaurant that serves a carne adovada stuffed sopapilla?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Giff wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:04 pm
Move to Toronto.

Is there a restaurant that serves a carne adovada stuffed sopapilla?
A friend of mine is in ABQ for work this week on base and I told her to go to Monroe's and get carne adovada stuffed sopaipilla with red and green chile.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

My niece lives in Brooklyn and finally went to Santa Fe BK the new NM joint in Brooklyn. She gave it high marks... So NJ folk that hit the city.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rush2112 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:14 pm My niece lives in Brooklyn and finally went to Santa Fe BK the new NM joint in Brooklyn. She gave it high marks... So NJ folk that hit the city.
Looks like it's just a few blocks from the Brooklyn Brewery. That place was decades ahead of it's time with their tasting room setup. Spent a long afternoon there ... shit, 20 years ago?!? How is that possible? Probably the last time I went to Williamsburg.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If it was closer to 17 years ago I may have been there with you.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

A_B wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:42 am Got a kind pen that either really sucks or i don't know how to use it. No button, autodraw, but when a cartridge is screwed in, it's like the heater never stops. Anyone had an issue like that before? Can't find much on the web, but it appears this is a pretty new model that I ordered on a whim late one night. I can call customer service but figured I'd ask.
Went to the local head shop Went in and asked for a battery and he looks at me dead in the eye and says "For (airquotes) CBD Cartridges?(/airquotes)" and just laughs.

It's an autodraw and it's really nice.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I very nice friend supplied me with some edibles which he said were strong enough that he halved them before handing them off and all they've done, if anything, is make me sleepy. Looks like I picked the wrong month to (temporarily) quit drinking. Sad!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Do you know which ones?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:48 am Do you know which ones?
Yeah, Indica makes me sleepy, but sativa makes me more alert.