The Pot Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: The Pot Thread

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:51 pm Are the rec in NYC still kinda gray market or legit now?
This one seems legit. It’s listed as a dispensary and it’s all Delta-9. I know Tyson’s stuff is legit, so that made me feel better. I saw the place I wanted to go to, RISE, is medical only in NY. They have a couple NJ locations that are med/rec, so maybe this place isn’t legit. Now that I think about it, they never asked for ID. Everywhere else I’ve been scans ID.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That’s why I was curious. I’ve seen the popups and vans but selling Tyson (which has been in maplewood too) either means you’re legit or atleast pretending to be.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:27 pm That’s why I was curious. I’ve seen the popups and vans but selling Tyson (which has been in maplewood too) either means you’re legit or atleast pretending to be.
I mentioned upthread I’ve been too nervous to buy at any of the NYC stores. Some seem legit, but only sell Delta-8. I looked up a list of dispensaries and this one has a website.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Delta-8 is legal here and I don't feel anything from it. IIRC, it's also environmentally unfriendly.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:59 am Delta-8 is legal here and I don't feel anything from it. IIRC, it's also environmentally unfriendly.
I’ve had some that worked and some that didn’t. Not as good of a high even when it works though.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

What could go wrong smoking random packaged goods from the pakastani guy. 40% of these gas stations got a entire wall of varied pseudo dope behind the counter and another wall of slot machines behind a curtain. and yet people still dont want legal weed or legal gambling in the south
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

HaulCitgo wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:37 am What could go wrong smoking random packaged goods from the pakastani guy. 40% of these gas stations got a entire wall of varied pseudo dope behind the counter and another wall of slot machines behind a curtain. and yet people still dont want legal weed or legal gambling in the south
Sketchiness is assumed, yes.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

HaulCitgo wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:37 am What could go wrong smoking random packaged goods from the pakastani guy. 40% of these gas stations got a entire wall of varied pseudo dope behind the counter and another wall of slot machines behind a curtain. and yet people still dont want legal weed or legal gambling in the south
Ok. It was a hot Pakistani girl. Does that make a difference?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Giff wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:59 am Delta-8 is legal here and I don't feel anything from it. IIRC, it's also environmentally unfriendly.
Delta 8 is the new testament of weed. Just stick w the original.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

wtf is ∆8?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The difference between 14 and 6?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:00 amwtf is ∆8?
I thought this was my name. And I am baked on the beach. Livin.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Of course it does. And why do I only know Pakistani men? I've gone off track somewhere along the line
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:00 amwtf is ∆8?
It's a synthetic compound created from hemp, and the federal government is too slow to make it illegal. Before pot was legal in NJ (and maybe still) they'd sell it in shady gas stations and head shops. Some people say it feels exactly like real pot (Delta-9), others have had bad experiences. The biggest problem is that it isn't regulated and often contaminated (from what I've read). There also hasn't been any testing on the long-term effects, and since it's synthetic, I don't trust it.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:45 pm Saw this come up on my Groupon e-mail. Dry herb vaporizer? Is this for smoking pot, or is there some other use? It comes with various oils, including tobacco flavored oil, yet it says it is odorless and flavorless. So confused.
Sooo ... anyone have one of these (dry herb vape, not that specific one)? Recs or tips or reasons to avoid?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

No.

Wife and I are exclusively gummies. We've figured something out recently: 2.5mg to start, like as we're going out to dinner. And then have some drinks and have another one an our or so later. Maybe another one before "retiring."

Absolutely nice, smooth buzz and avoids the dreaded "oops, I've over indulged"-->passout routine which we really try to avoid on "date nights."
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:52 pm No.

Wife and I are exclusively gummies. We've figured something out recently: 2.5mg to start, like as we're going out to dinner. And then have some drinks and have another one an our or so later. Maybe another one before "retiring."

Absolutely nice, smooth buzz and avoids the dreaded "oops, I've over indulged"-->passout routine which we really try to avoid on "date nights."
I'm curious - when you have that "another one," is that another 2.5 or a different dosage?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Yeah I had a couple of versions of that about 10 years ago before vape became a thing. It is not as smell free as a vape but similar. Doesnt combust the weed just turns into into crunchy uselessness. Seems not as clean a pull as a vape also but back then seemed really clean as compared to smoke. I woudnt mess with it these days cause vape but it does use flower as opposed to oil if thats a positive. One required a power source so not portable and the other didnt have anywhere near the battery life of a current vape. Plug it up every 2-3 smokes or so. These days id pass but likely improved tech so maybe
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:03 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:52 pm No.

I'm curious - when you have that "another one," is that another 2.5 or a different dosage?
Same. So, total of 5 or 7.5.

We are lightweights AND we almost always have some drinks along the way.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

mister d wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:46 am
The Sybian wrote: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:45 pm Saw this come up on my Groupon e-mail. Dry herb vaporizer? Is this for smoking pot, or is there some other use? It comes with various oils, including tobacco flavored oil, yet it says it is odorless and flavorless. So confused.
Sooo ... anyone have one of these (dry herb vape, not that specific one)? Recs or tips or reasons to avoid?
Had one and stopped using it when pens became a thing. Too much work, not portable, too long to get all the shit done before smoking, clogs up. Didn’t give me that much of a superior buzz so I would just end up smoking the weed instead of going through the prep. Gave it to a buddy who promptly gave it away also.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

bfj wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:18 pm Had one and stopped using it when pens became a thing. Too much work, not portable, too long to get all the shit done before smoking, clogs up. Didn’t give me that much of a superior buzz so I would just end up smoking the weed instead of going through the prep. Gave it to a buddy who promptly gave it away also.
Unless I find the same clogging/cleaning issues I can’t imagine this not being my main method going forward. Incredibly not harsh at all and I can pretend it’s relatively better for me.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

W Hotel bar is incredible for visuals. This blue underlit glass bar looks like the ocean and I’m seeing the patterns moving which feels like waves. Relaxing as fuck.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:27 am W Hotel bar is incredible for visuals. This blue underlit glass bar looks like the ocean and I’m seeing the patterns moving which feels like waves. Relaxing as fuck.
Did you mean to post this in The Psychedelics Thread?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:30 am
The Sybian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:27 am W Hotel bar is incredible for visuals. This blue underlit glass bar looks like the ocean and I’m seeing the patterns moving which feels like waves. Relaxing as fuck.
That could be a fun thread! I’d like to try shrooms again. Been a looong time.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

While I’m here, I tried a great new product. For the NJ guys, A21 Dispensary just opened on Route 22 in Scotch Plains. Love this store, staff incredibly knowledgeable. I now understand why you can’t find sativa edibles. He suggested an edible in pill form which feels weird to me for some reason, but I tried it. This brand had numerous choices, but he suggested “Calm.” It’s 5mg THC, 25 CBD. If you take 1, you get a strong body high, but it doesn’t slow your brain. The pills are also fast acting for an edible. Like 10 minutes. It really feels like Vicodin to me. Your body melts and tingles, total relaxation, but it doesn’t make me sleepy or slow.
-Pruitt
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:34 am

did some shrooms at the Dead & Co show in Boulder that they busted out the drone show during Space. It was fun.

I used to do mushrooms as a cleansing exercise once a year, not sure the wife would get all on board with that. I preferred acid, but don't think almost 51 me could handle that.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:54 am While I’m here, I tried a great new product. For the NJ guys, A21 Dispensary just opened on Route 22 in Scotch Plains. Love this store, staff incredibly knowledgeable. I now understand why you can’t find sativa edibles. He suggested an edible in pill form which feels weird to me for some reason, but I tried it. This brand had numerous choices, but he suggested “Calm.” It’s 5mg THC, 25 CBD. If you take 1, you get a strong body high, but it doesn’t slow your brain. The pills are also fast acting for an edible. Like 10 minutes. It really feels like Vicodin to me. Your body melts and tingles, total relaxation, but it doesn’t make me sleepy or slow.
If there’s a variety of them and they’re all named after the desired effect, and they have solid color packaging, then. I think the one on 22 in Union also stocks them. Gonna have to check out the calm.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Rush2112 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:57 am
The Sybian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:34 am

did some shrooms at the Dead & Co show in Boulder that they busted out the drone show during Space. It was fun.

I used to do mushrooms as a cleansing exercise once a year, not sure the wife would get all on board with that. I preferred acid, but don't think almost 51 me could handle that.
Have been microdosing w shrooms at Phish shows for the last few years. Quite enjoyable. No heavy psychedelics/hallucinations or anything but a nice all over positive brain and body buzz that lasts for 45 minutes and goes really well w live music. I have no desire to hallucinate or trip again, but the little hug they give me at a show is nice. Acid would kill me now. Too much real life anxiety for my brain to process compared to young bfj.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

cerranoredux wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:06 am
The Sybian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:54 am While I’m here, I tried a great new product. For the NJ guys, A21 Dispensary just opened on Route 22 in Scotch Plains. Love this store, staff incredibly knowledgeable. I now understand why you can’t find sativa edibles. He suggested an edible in pill form which feels weird to me for some reason, but I tried it. This brand had numerous choices, but he suggested “Calm.” It’s 5mg THC, 25 CBD. If you take 1, you get a strong body high, but it doesn’t slow your brain. The pills are also fast acting for an edible. Like 10 minutes. It really feels like Vicodin to me. Your body melts and tingles, total relaxation, but it doesn’t make me sleepy or slow.
If there’s a variety of them and they’re all named after the desired effect, and they have solid color packaging, then. I think the one on 22 in Union also stocks them. Gonna have to check out the calm.
That’s it, comes in a metal tin, like a slightly bigger tube of lipstick. Looks like a tin of mints.
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Just picked up one of these today. Never used one before and don't really like disposable vapes, but for the price ($85), the size (2g) and the thc content (91%), I couldn't say no. It comes with a recharging cord in case the battery dies before the juice does. It test drove well on the ride back from the dispensary.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

bfj wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:08 pm Just picked up one of these today. Never used one before and don't really like disposable vapes, but for the price ($85), the size (2g) and the thc content (91%), I couldn't say no. It comes with a recharging cord in case the battery dies before the juice does. It test drove well on the ride back from the dispensary.
Sound good! But I gotta say, the marketing-speak on that press release was a slog to get through.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

mister d wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:01 pm
bfj wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:18 pm Had one and stopped using it when pens became a thing. Too much work, not portable, too long to get all the shit done before smoking, clogs up. Didn’t give me that much of a superior buzz so I would just end up smoking the weed instead of going through the prep. Gave it to a buddy who promptly gave it away also.
Unless I find the same clogging/cleaning issues I can’t imagine this not being my main method going forward. Incredibly not harsh at all and I can pretend it’s relatively better for me.
One more month in review and its still an A+. As an at-home at-night guy, the extra minute or two of prep doesn't bother me and the cleanup is essentially tapping it out and then running a brush around the inside.

I really need someone else to get one so we can form a club or something.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I was in the beer section of a liquor store and noticed a wide variety of THC seltzers and other drinks. 5mg THC per can. I was really surprised, I didn't think NJ allowed sales outside of a dispensary. I didn't buy any, as two of the places I'm interviewing at said they require a drug test before hiring. Weird legal status right now, as NJ passed a law prohibiting employers from discriminating against employees for using marijuana off the job, but at least one of the employers is a "Drug Free Workplace" in order to maintain federal government contracts. I don't know if there is any case law yet, but my guess is the federal contracts requiring testing is supreme to the state law. Really annoying, as I could use some weed now more than ever. It's been at least 3 weeks, so my system should be clean, and I wasn't using all that much before. Both jobs, from what I gather, don't test after the initial hiring and in both roles, I'd be responsible for writing and amending policies, so I could make sure they don't test post-hire. And if they had to, at least I'd be the first to know!

That leads me to a good question, would those of you who use apply for a job that fired for a positive test? Two months ago I would have said hell no, but now... it seems stupid to turn down a job so I could use.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Syb - I agree with you on all that!

Unrelated… It seems a bit weird (at least to me) to smoke with your kid. I went through much of my life hiding it from my own parents. My daughter is here for a short visit, and presented me with a gift of a beautiful, small, glass water pipe. It’s detailed and fragile, so I’ll probably bust it at some point, but it’s a really nice gift.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I stopped using back in May because I had to be clean for my GS job. Didn't get tested until November though. So I was good to go, but missed out on doing anything because I didn't know when I'd get hired.

I'm very much ready for stuff to be federally legal.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

mister d wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:19 pm
One more month in review and its still an A+. As an at-home at-night guy, the extra minute or two of prep doesn't bother me and the cleanup is essentially tapping it out and then running a brush around the inside.

I remain steadfast that this was an excellent purchase (for in-home use) and would like to mention there will be 4/20 sales at "Planet of the Vapes" in case anyone wants to join Club DHV.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

mister d wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:59 pm
mister d wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:19 pm

I remain steadfast that this was an excellent purchase (for in-home use) and would like to mention there will be 4/20 sales at "Planet of the Vapes" in case anyone wants to join Club DHV.
Sounds like a volcano. Buddy of mine had one (lost it in the divorce). It's the size of a small appliance, but such a clean inhalation process.

https://www.vapormed.com/en/volcano-medic-2
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The one I have is a handheld not the huge volcano. Same brand.