The Pot Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: The Pot Thread

Post by mister d »

“The Syb”.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

God dammit.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:07 pm
HaulCitgo wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:44 am Seems like I might have been in Boston at or around kickoff. I also enjoyed the line.
I really enjoy the complete lack of lines now that dispensaries have been open for awhile. Last visit, in and out in one minute.
Got mine with curbside pickup today. Easier than getting McDonakds. Congrats to MD peeps.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I topped off with my medical buddy this week before it went legal. Saw long lines at all the dispensaries I drove by today. I’ll stop in at some point. Glad it’s finally here!
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:11 pmGod dammit.
I’m really stoned and it took me a long time to figure this out. Or maybe it was 3 seconds. Who could say?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Last night was excellent. Two gummies and an evening of pleasant buzz and my mind turned down for a bit. Win.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Congrats TB (and BFJ tho it’s seems he had it covered and whoever else).

I’m still having an issue figuring out how to have a consistent experience. Sticking with gummies, almost always taking one after getting a buzz going with alcohol, and sometimes it’s great and sometimes it’s nada.

Is the answer just 2 gummies?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Sure was for me. Took first , kicked in but pretty muted comparatively, so I took another about 90 minutes after the first and that next buzz was what I had in mind. No alcohol in the mix.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

rass wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:07 am Congrats TB (and BFJ tho it’s seems he had it covered and whoever else).

I’m still having an issue figuring out how to have a consistent experience. Sticking with gummies, almost always taking one after getting a buzz going with alcohol, and sometimes it’s great and sometimes it’s nada.

What dosage are you taking? Sativa/indica/hybrid?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:07 am Congrats TB (and BFJ tho it’s seems he had it covered and whoever else).

Interesting. I’m surprised at how consistent my experience is. I usually drink a beer or whisky after the edible starts to kick in or after hitting a pen. I’ve read alcohol can mute the effects, so maybe if you are already buzzed it lessens the effects, or dulls your senses so you don’t feel the weed high as much? Half a 10 mg sativa has me feeling relaxed and happy, but able to fully talk to the wife and kids and they don’t notice. Half a hybrid is the same, but I’ll nod off 2 hours in. Full gummy and I’m good and high. I like taking a hit off the pen when the gummy peaks and everyone else is sleeping.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I think a few drinks than gummy is my least pleasant experience and the most unpredictable. A gummy 30-45 minutes before a drink is nice.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I’m gonna take three and see how that goes. Gummies rarely do shit for me.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

bfj wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:39 am

What dosage are you taking? Sativa/indica/hybrid?
10mg and I think I’ve had the best experience on a hybrid. Indica has generally been hard to get the two dispensaries I’ve been to, but I’ve tried sativa also.

I do have exactly 2 left in the house. And no kids the next couple of nights and no work Tuesday.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Giff wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:47 am I’m gonna take three and see how that goes. Gummies rarely do shit for me.
3 of how much? I eat 3 of mine and I’ll be on the moon. Hmmmm…
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

My thing with gummies is that at 5mg, I can feel like nothing is going on, so I'll take another after about an hour and that really does it.

But if I take 10 straight up, I have that same "i don't feel it" thing going on. I'm wondering if part of that is just in my head?
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

I was a little passed baked before the "Dead" show in Boulder last night and I ate a gummy that a buddy gave me. It was HUGE and I started freaking out because it said 100mg on the side. Had to get talked into that there are 10 gummies so that's total.

I may eat another half gummy tonight, especially as the middle show of a three-night run is usually the psychedelic one.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

bfj wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:41 pm
Giff wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:47 am I’m gonna take three and see how that goes. Gummies rarely do shit for me.
3 of how much? I eat 3 of mine and I’ll be on the moon. Hmmmm…
Not sure if these were 5 or 10mg. I took them out of package before flying back from California in May. I’ve been extremely chill and no anxiety all day which has been rare recently. Typically my normal usage helps out with that, but life has been stressful lately and happy for my mind’s break from that today.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

God bless you giff and Texas gets credit for that. Fuck it take three. Three what? What dosage what type how made which variety? Who cares. Three
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

It was definitely a hybrid. I do not touch indica typically so I wouldn't have bought that strain.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

HaulCitgo wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:40 pm God bless you giff and Texas gets credit for that. Fuck it take three. Three what? What dosage what type how made which variety? Who cares. Three
This is the proper attitude.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Rush2112 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:18 pm I was a little passed baked before the "Dead" show in Boulder last night and I ate a gummy that a buddy gave me. It was HUGE and I started freaking out because it said 100mg on the side. Had to get talked into that there are 10 gummies so that's total.

I may eat another half gummy tonight, especially as the middle show of a three-night run is usually the psychedelic one.
Was that you in the tie-dye passed out on the mall holding a box of Pizza Colore?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:34 pm
Rush2112 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:18 pm I was a little passed baked before the "Dead" show in Boulder last night and I ate a gummy that a buddy gave me. It was HUGE and I started freaking out because it said 100mg on the side. Had to get talked into that there are 10 gummies so that's total.

Was that you in the tie-dye passed out on the mall holding a box of Pizza Colore?
Naw, if it was Rush, the box would be Pizza Colour.
-Pruitt
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

bfj wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:00 pm
HaulCitgo wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:40 pm God bless you giff and Texas gets credit for that. Fuck it take three. Three what? What dosage what type how made which variety? Who cares. Three
This is the proper attitude.
Yes
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

About fucking time.

Free Link: https://archive.is/K2EfO

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Dank Brandon.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

This gummy has blown open the back lower portion of my head. Big time auditory experience going on right now.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Or maybe my ponytail is too tight.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:34 pm Or maybe my ponytail is too tight.
That’s why you gotta go man-bun.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

rass wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:10 pm This gummy has blown open the back lower portion of my head. Big time auditory experience going on right now.
what type/brand is it?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:36 pm
rass wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:10 pm This gummy has blown open the back lower portion of my head. Big time auditory experience going on right now.
what type/brand is it?
And how many mg?
-Pruitt
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

If it’s the stuff I had in July after the bulgogi egg and cheese, then I feel ya, bro.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Just renewed my med card so I can keep going to the really good place. Essentially it’s like paying a $150 annual membership fee just to shop.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:52 pm Just renewed my med card so I can keep going to the really good place. Essentially it’s like paying a $150 annual membership fee just to shop.
I looked into a medical card because you get pretty good benefits compared to those without one, but ultimately decided against it because I own guns and, while the medical system and the background check system don't talk to each other, I'm not taking the chance.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That’s a huge thing on Reddit and I’ve never heard it discussed in real life, which might just speak to my circles.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Background check?

Eta... Well damn. Who woulda thought. Just buy guns from private parties, no?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I could do that, yes.

But the best deals on guns are through the BX (the on base store) during Black Friday sales. No tax and 20% off when using your Star Card.

So I'll just wait until it's not a big deal.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:40 pm
what type/brand is it?
And how many mg?
10. Shine Indica-inspired(?) gummies, blackberry flavored. Also a good amount of rum and a beer or two.

That was the damndest thing. It was one thing sitting on the beach and having the sound of the waves transform into something different, like crowd noise, as I tried to take a nap. But we went out to dinner hours later and I’m sitting there feeling like I’m listening to every conversation in the place at once and every time my oldest talked I felt like she was yelling but I didn’t want to say anything in case it was just me but eventually my wife started telling her to keep it down so I guess she was yelling. Petered out an hour two later but not before a woman making balloon animals on the boardwalk set me on edge trying to figure out where the squeaking was coming from.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

rass wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:08 am
The Sybian wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:40 pm
what type/brand is it?
And how many mg?
10. Shine Indica-inspired(?) gummies, blackberry flavored. Also a good amount of rum and a beer or two.

That was the damndest thing. It was one thing sitting on the beach and having the sound of the waves transform into something different, like crowd noise, as I tried to take a nap. But we went out to dinner hours later and I’m sitting there feeling like I’m listening to every conversation in the place at once and every time my oldest talked I felt like she was yelling but I didn’t want to say anything in case it was just me but eventually my wife started telling her to keep it down so I guess she was yelling. Petered out an hour two later but not before a woman making balloon animals on the boardwalk set me on edge trying to figure out where the squeaking was coming from.
Temporary autism!
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Tried out a dispensary a couple blocks from Penn Station. Super convenient, and across the street from a beer store I like to stop at. My tender was a super hot, I’m going to guess Pakistani woman. For some reason they only sell hybrid, but they have one with caffeine. Weird. But the guy was telling me these other ones are incredibly trippy, with 10mg CBD to chill you out. Turns out it’s Mike Tyson’s ear shaped gummies! Fuck yeah I’m buying those!
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Are the rec in NYC still kinda gray market or legit now?