The Pot Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: The Pot Thread

Post by govmentchedda »

Joe Buddin'
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Edit: So close.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Dro Biden
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:49 pm The drug laws are just incredibly anachronistic... and fucking dumb.
And racist. Don’t forget racist.

I’m too lazy to Google this or to verify, but I think I read somewhere that the reason it’s referred to as “marijuana” and not its more scientific name of “cannabis” is because when they were trying to scandalize it, they picked the Spanish word to associate it with Mexicans.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

There's a lot of mythology and a lot of truth about the villainization or demonization of pot. But one of the ones that I know to be true is that Hearst used his "yellow journalism" and media empire to demonize it in the 30s. It was all about killing the hemp industry, which as at direct financial odds with the Hearst, Mellon and I think Du Pont empires. It really wasn't about "pot" as much as the paper vs. hemp industry. Hemp undercut the wood pulp production process, which is what those guys had built big chunks of their wealth on.

This country, man.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:05 pm There's a lot of mythology and a lot of truth about the villainization or demonization of pot. But one of the ones that I know to be true is that Hearst used his "yellow journalism" and media empire to demonize it in the 30s. It was all about killing the hemp industry, which as at direct financial odds with the Hearst, Mellon and I think Du Pont empires. It really wasn't about "pot" as much as the paper vs. hemp industry. Hemp undercut the wood pulp production process, which is what those guys had built big chunks of their wealth on.

This country, man.
Paper and cotton. And yes, they called it marijuana to make it sound scary and tie it to Mexicans. And the entire purpose of the War on Drugs was to strip voting rights away from groups that voted heavily Democratic. Lock up minorities and hippies for felony drug charges so they couldn't vote Dems. The GOP knew they couldn't win elections based on policies that hurt the majority of Americans, so they found ways to disenfranchise Dem voters and created bullshit issues to suck in the religious voters, gun nuts, etc...
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I don't believe the spanish/mexican name thing. Sounds apocryphal. FUCK YOU ALL, I've been drinking mamajuana all week which in no way is meant to prey on people who think it's some kind of illicit substance!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

sancarlos wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:04 am I have a couple old friends from 30 years ago that I see about once a year. That happened again recently. I thought they were squeaky clean guys who only drank beer on weekends.

We had some great conversation, and as a result, now I am lined up to be part of the harvest crew soon for one of those guys’ backyard greenhouse weed operation.
I'm on trimming duty in my friend's backyard tomorrow. Here is part of the crop, drying.

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Whoa.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Did the UCMJ just flash before your eyes?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:53 pm
sancarlos wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:04 am I have a couple old friends from 30 years ago that I see about once a year. That happened again recently. I thought they were squeaky clean guys who only drank beer on weekends.

We had some great conversation, and as a result, now I am lined up to be part of the harvest crew soon for one of those guys’ backyard greenhouse weed operation.
I'm on trimming duty in my friend's backyard tomorrow. Here is part of the crop, drying.

Am I picking the perfect time to visit?
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:27 pm Did the UCMJ just flash before your eyes?
Maybe a week ago it would've, but I'm looking at that the same way Cameron Frye looks at art in the Chicago Art Museum.

Also, that looks like enough weed for several years.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:49 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:27 pm Did the UCMJ just flash before your eyes?
Maybe a week ago it would've, but I'm looking at that the same way Cameron Frye looks at art in the Chicago Art Museum.

Also, that looks like enough weed for several years.
Institute.

(Chicago Art Institute. Sorry.)
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Thinking the same. What do you do with enough weed every season for the next 5? Do cali people just walk up and give you a handful of free weed?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

HaulCitgo wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:02 am Thinking the same. What do you do with enough weed every season for the next 5? Do cali people just walk up and give you a handful of free weed?
like home grown tomatoes around these parts.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

A_B wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:54 am
HaulCitgo wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:02 am Thinking the same. What do you do with enough weed every season for the next 5? Do cali people just walk up and give you a handful of free weed?
Yes is the answer to that question. My buddy came down this summer and gave me 2 oz of 17 oz he grew of the sticky stuff.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

bfj wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:09 am
Yes is the answer to that question. My buddy came down this summer and gave me 2 oz of 17 oz he grew of the sticky stuff.
He might want to check those tomatoes. They shouldn't be sticky.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

duff wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:02 pm
He might want to check those tomatoes. They shouldn't be sticky.
Whatever. Those tomatoes got me high as fuck
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I’m definitely hanging out with the wrong kind of friends.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

So, I went to my friend's place and helped him trim buds for three hours. He gave me two jars of buds as I left. I don't smoke all that much, so this will last me a long time.

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It's amazing how zooted you get off of an 80 cent, 10 mg gummy. And it lasts for like 5-6 hours.

I was watching Red Zone during my trip and it just intensified the exciting plays. Each play was just SO INCREDIBLE in my head.

And each bite of food tasted like the best bite of food ever too.

But what it does do is give me racing thoughts which I wasn't exactly ready for, but the thoughts weren't bad, just constant and fast.

Overall, fun stuff.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Loving this newbie lingo.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:23 pm It's amazing how zooted you get off of an 80 cent, 10 mg gummy. And it lasts for like 5-6 hours.

I was watching Red Zone during my trip and it just intensified the exciting plays. Each play was just SO INCREDIBLE in my head.

But what it does do is give me racing thoughts which I wasn't exactly ready for, but the thoughts weren't bad, just constant and fast.

Overall, fun stuff.
Makes you think, why the fuck was it villainized for so long? Well, we discussed why, but it’s so fucked up.

In the old days, I used to get super paranoid and catatonic, like I couldn’t speak or function. I just haven’t felt that with the new products, which is great. Nothing like being at a party staring at nothing convinced everyone is making fun of you.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Is that because your experience has changed or because you just do it at home now?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:23 pm It's amazing how zooted you get off of an 80 cent, 10 mg gummy. And it lasts for like 5-6 hours.

Overall, fun stuff.
Are you using mostly Sativas?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

bfj wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:19 am

Overall, fun stuff.
Are you using mostly Sativas?
I'm trying to check the website, but it isn't obvious.

I had this vegan prickly pear stuff this most recent time. Really good flavor and kicked in pretty quick.
Last edited by Johnnie on Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Thank you for your service Johnnie! Forgot to tell you congratulations on the retirement
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

HaulCitgo wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:18 pm Thank you for your service Johnnie! Forgot to tell you congratulations on the retirement
Thanks, man!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:12 pmI had this vegan prickly pear stuff this most recent time. Really good flavor and kicked in pretty quick.
Looks like its a hybrid. You should go for their sativa (blood orange) and see if your brain explodes.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:36 pm
Johnnie wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:12 pmI had this vegan prickly pear stuff this most recent time. Really good flavor and kicked in pretty quick.
Looks like its a hybrid. You should go for their sativa (blood orange) and see if your brain explodes.
That was actually the other pack of gummies I bought that day. I was doing it based off of flavor because I'm a newb.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I've tried to get one of each (sativa/hybrid/indica) from the same brand just so I can see how they vary (if at all, in some cases). Good to set those baselines for what my limits are for cooking, parenting, staying awake, etc.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

What's an acceptable amount of times to get high in a week?

I was gonna have a gummy today but didn't and with the amount of time the trip lasts, there really is a cutoff to where if I do it too late it doesn't make sense.

Also, what does everyone store their stuff in? The bags they give you from the dispensaries that keep the smell in are really good, but something better is always preferred.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Smoking is much less of a time commitment than a 10 mg edible. Quicker up, quicker down.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:28 pm What's an acceptable amount of times to get high in a week?

I was gonna have a gummy today but didn't and with the amount of time the trip lasts, there really is a cutoff to where if I do it too late it doesn't make sense.

Also, what does everyone store their stuff in? The bags they give you from the dispensaries that keep the smell in are really good, but something better is always preferred.
For you, 7.

Yeah, just smoke. Hits you faster doesn't last nearly as long. THC oil is good too and doesn't smell but I prefer flower.

Mason jar.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Johnnie, I've used something similar to this.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Alrighty, waiting on that sativa gummy to kick in...
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:12 pm Alrighty, waiting on that sativa gummy to kick in...
Sounds like a nice little Sunday morning.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

rass wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:20 pm
Johnnie wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:12 pm Alrighty, waiting on that sativa gummy to kick in...
Sounds like a nice little Sunday morning.
Oh yes. And I have Sunday Ticket on the big TV too. And snacks.