Return of Confessions

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Return of Confessions

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I haven't actually heard any of Kanye's music, unless it's made up part of the indistinguishable thumping coming from Abercrombie and Fitch when I walk by, but otherwise: agree.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The most shocking thing about this run of posts is that SL hasn't broken in yet to berate everyone for being hipsters.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Kanye is a hipster darling.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Yeah. Hipster probably wasn't the exact right word (I don't think he uses that exactly) but I wanted to get my point across.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

He headlined our music festival here last year and while I knew he was "big" I honestly had no idea just what the cult of personality around him is like. It was pretty jarring.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

I'm not going to defend Kanye's public persona, but I think he's a pretty damn good artist. Between his first three albums and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, he had a lot of songs that I really like. One thing that I think is unique about him, as compared to other big name rappers, is that he draws from such a wide range of musical styles for his songs. He's not the most talented rapper, but I find his music more interesting than just about any other big name hip hop artist.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I really enjoyed his first two albums, and I've hated everything else since.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote:I really enjoyed his first two albums, and I've hated everything else since.

Glad I'm not the only one. Agree with Joe K, I love a lot of the musical choices. I think his second album was really good, the first has some good tracks. Never listened to anything else he did. Once he became famous, his antics as a person completely turned me off, and I no longer worked with my friend who gave me the CDs, and I didn't put in the 30 seconds of effort it'd take to get the newer albums. Although I did see that bizarre video with Kim K and Kanye on a motorcycle after seeing the James Franco-Seth Rogan parody. Didn't like that song.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I was out for like 8 hours yesterday watching games. I didn't want to come home until my oldest was asleep because I looked like someone who had been out for 8 hours, so I just walked around a bunch from the Bowery up to Penn Station. I tripped and fell. Like a full catch my foot, stumbled and go down. I bet it was hilarious to watch.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

One night three weeks or so ago, Mr. Moreta and I went out for a drink and a snack after he got out of work late. I tripped on nothing on the way in to the restaurant and scraped up my nose and chin. The sidewalk was freshly salted, so I managed to rub salt in my own wounds too.

Last weekend, we went to our favorite Irish bar for an early St. Paddy's celebration and I slipped on the wet floor in the vestibule on the way in.

I've never fallen down *after* going to the bar but apparently I'm constantly going to do so on the way in.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I want to see every Trump rally devolve into violence. I like seeing mass protests against him and really hope that one day his followers get beaten. I hope the Republican National Convention becomes one giant fire hazard. I hope there's a riot. I want the National Guard called in.

I also secretly dislike the idea that violence never solves anything and peaceful protests are worthwhile. I want violence against Trump supporters. All of them. People that blinded with ignorance need reality beaten into them.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

under certain rare conditions, peaceful protests have been useful, even indispensable. However, violence has an overwhelming winning percentage.

The sentiment that violence never solves anything is really fucking stupid. Now aerial bombing campaigns in isolation, otoh…
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

IMO, violent protests have a much, much better chance of stopping a Trump nomination than snarky, John Oliver-imspired hashtags.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Johnnie wrote:I want to see every Trump rally devolve into violence. I like seeing mass protests against him and really hope that one day his followers get beaten. I hope the Republican National Convention becomes one giant fire hazard. I hope there's a riot. I want the National Guard called in.

I also secretly dislike the idea that violence never solves anything and peaceful protests are worthwhile. I want violence against Trump supporters. All of them. People that blinded with ignorance need reality beaten into them.
But you said you were glad to be a jeep driver when you posted the video of the jeep going through protesters in the other thread?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

I would call that devolving into violence.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

howard wrote:I would call that devolving into violence.
Fair.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Brontoburglar wrote:
Johnnie wrote:I want to see every Trump rally devolve into violence. I like seeing mass protests against him and really hope that one day his followers get beaten. I hope the Republican National Convention becomes one giant fire hazard. I hope there's a riot. I want the National Guard called in.

But you said you were glad to be a jeep driver when you posted the video of the jeep going through protesters in the other thread?
That was sarcasm.

But if that jeep driver for yanked out and beaten? Sounds good to me.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I think Game of Thrones sucks.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote:I think Game of Thrones sucks.
Hodor!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

If I want to bet on a sporting event and I don't have a strong opinion on who is actually going to win, I will sometimes bet on the result/team that will result in a Swamper being the most insufferable. (Needless to say I bet on the Pats a lot.)
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

So, I'm not sure if I am more insufferable when the Giants win, or when they lose. (or just constant insufferability)

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

howard wrote:So, I'm not sure if I am more insufferable when the Giants win, or when they lose. (or just constant insufferability)
Don't sell yourself short, Doc. Win or lose, you're a tremendous insufferable slouch.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote:I think Game of Thrones sucks.
I think I am the only animation writer who would agree with you.

These guys (and gals) worship the show.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Soooooooooo, anyone ever been in a threesome?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Giff wrote:Soooooooooo, anyone ever been in a threesome?
I think that would only be a confession if you violated the "one dick in bed" rule.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Yes, but not while in a relationship, and certainly not with my wife. Enormous potential for catastrophe. No matter how much a wife/girlfriend thinks they are OK with it, seeing their man with another woman is guaranteed to cause jealousy. She will think you are giving more attention to the other woman, or more into the other woman than you are her. Not worth the risk.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote:
Yes, but not while in a relationship, and certainly not with my wife. Enormous potential for catastrophe. No matter how much a wife/girlfriend thinks they are OK with it, seeing their man with another woman is guaranteed to cause jealousy. She will think you are giving more attention to the other woman, or more into the other woman than you are her. Not worth the risk.
It's the other way around. I doubt it'll happen, but we're having drinks with someone tomorrow night after a gala my wife is organizing at a nice hotel downtown. We've talked about it for a while, but figured it was just one of those things we'd fantasize about rather than actually go through it because how does that even happen and happen safely? But a good candidate popped-up, so we're going to at least see how drinks go first.

I'm not telling anyone I "know" about this, so that's the only reason why I'm even posting it.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Giff is currently:

Better than OK.

Check back here for more updates.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Asking for a friend... and a friend...
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Giff wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
It's the other way around. I doubt it'll happen, but we're having drinks with someone tomorrow night after a gala my wife is organizing at a nice hotel downtown. We've talked about it for a while, but figured it was just one of those things we'd fantasize about rather than actually go through it because how does that even happen and happen safely? But a good candidate popped-up, so we're going to at least see how drinks go first.

I'm not telling anyone I "know" about this, so that's the only reason why I'm even posting it.
So, a devil's threesome?
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

I'm not saying there's any right or wrong way here, you should do what you're comfortable with and that varies on a relationship to relationship basis, but if you want to push for an extra party of your choice, you'd better be ready to get down with an extra party of her choice. Only fair.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I'm going to take a somewhat contrary view here and say that if you guys talk through all the potential issues and agree that it's something you're into despite the risks, then go for it. Perfectly healthy couples everywhere enjoy a variety of activities that some people might find unworkable or off-putting, but if they're honest with each other and themselves it can work out. I would say if there's any question at all about going through with it then don't though. You can't put that toothpaste back in the tube if there's any chance it leads to hard feelings (no pun intended).
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

brian wrote:I'm going to take a somewhat contrary view here and say that if you guys talk through all the potential issues and agree that it's something you're into despite the risks, then go for it. Perfectly healthy couples everywhere enjoy a variety of activities that some people might find unworkable or off-putting, but if they're honest with each other and themselves it can work out. I would say if there's any question at all about going through with it then don't though. You can't put that toothpaste back in the tube if there's any chance it leads to hard feelings (no pun intended).

Highlighted for emphasis. Total communication is a must, up to and including killing it up to and during.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

No. But I was close friends with swingers in Germany. They were constantly having sex parties and orgies. I could've went, but I didn't. Maybe I have high standards, but whatever.

The swinger community isn't as good looking as you'd think. I simply wasn't turned on by any of their women friends whatsoever. And I was propositioned to do shit you see on kink.com too. Cuckholding, BDSM, etc.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Nope. But, one day…

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Knowing you have little kids this seems ... high risk. Very high risk.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

brian wrote:I'm going to take a somewhat contrary view here and say that if you guys talk through all the potential issues and agree that it's something you're into despite the risks, then go for it. Perfectly healthy couples everywhere enjoy a variety of activities that some people might find unworkable or off-putting, but if they're honest with each other and themselves it can work out. I would say if there's any question at all about going through with it then don't though. You can't put that toothpaste back in the tube if there's any chance it leads to hard feelings (no pun intended).
That's exactly where we are with it. This isn't something to spice up our relationship, and we've both been very open and honest about why we want to do this. We have no trust issues at all in our relationship and I know that our marriage isn't under any sort of distress. The person we've picked isn't someone safe and he understands why we're doing it. Our rule is if at any time either of us become uncomfortable, it's over. We both kind of believe once we meet up with him, it'll be like "yeah, this was probably something better to fantasize about rather than make a reality." But, we reached out to him last week and it just so happens we'll have a room this weekend, so thought why not see what happens. He's not even sure he's on-board yet, either.

mister d, I hear ya with the kids thing. That's one of my wife's issues with it. She's afraid of how she'll feel about herself afterwards too, which I told her I assume is completely natural.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote:
That's exactly where we are with it. This isn't something to spice up our relationship, and we've both been very open and honest about why we want to do this. We have no trust issues at all in our relationship and I know that our marriage isn't under any sort of distress. The person we've picked isn't someone safe and he understands why we're doing it. Our rule is if at any time either of us become uncomfortable, it's over. We both kind of believe once we meet up with him, it'll be like "yeah, this was probably something better to fantasize about rather than make a reality." But, we reached out to him last week and it just so happens we'll have a room this weekend, so thought why not see what happens. He's not even sure he's on-board yet, either.

mister d, I hear ya with the kids thing. That's one of my wife's issues with it. She's afraid of how she'll feel about herself afterwards too, which I told her I assume is completely natural.
So it is two guys. The though of watching a guy bang my wife makes me want to punch the hypothetical man in the face. I completely agree with Brian, married couples do it all the time, and more power to them. The fact that you've been discussing it is good, and I don't think either one of you should come away blaming the other, but how would you feel about it if your wife is way too into the other guy? I have a female friend who always wanted to try a threesome. Her longtime boyfriend was a bit hesitant. They decided they'd go for it with a HS friend of my friend. Side note, she was super hot, and apparently had a phenomenal boob job. My friend was the one who wanted this, she set it up, she chose the female, and she was 100% confident she was cool with it. Afterwards, it ate her up and she couldn't get over it. I never met the guy, but I took his side and tried to talk her down, but she ended up breaking up wit her BF and didn't talk to the friend for years, probably still hasn't.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense though. Sounds like the female friend had some other issues. If she was the one who wanted it and put it all together and it doesn't work out, then so be it but I can't imagine what could have happened for things to go that south. Sometimes people try stuff and decide it's not for them. (Not a great analogy, but you work on your GF/wife for butt stuff and she agrees to it and decides she doesn't like it and won't do it going forward. OK, then. But not something she should break up with you about unless she's crazy (or you keep pressing for more butt stuff).
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

mister d wrote:Knowing you have little kids this seems ... high risk. Very high risk.
Yeah, get a sitter or something.