NFL meltdown thread: the slow two-minute drill to disaster

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Re: NFL meltdown thread: the slow two-minute drill to disaster

Post by Pruitt IV »

So his grandparents arrived with nothing, his father built a successful business and what has he done?

There's an old line that I heard in relation to George W. Bush that sums up Irsay - "He was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple"
Canadian International
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Pruitt IV wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:28 pm So his grandparents arrived with nothing, his father built a successful business and what has he done?

There's an old line that I heard in relation to George W. Bush that sums up Irsay - "He was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple"
Wrong sport maple boy
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

THE CHANGING FACE OF AMERICA’S FAVORITE SPORT (gift link)
While participation is falling almost everywhere, The Post found, boys in the most conservative, poorest states continue to play high school tackle football at higher rates than those in wealthier and more politically liberal areas. The politicization of the concussion crisis is forging deeper divisions between those who support youth football and those who don’t. And while precise data about football’s racial makeup is hard to come by, the demographics appear to be gradually shifting. Among kids and teens, White and Black males are playing tackle football at declining rates, while Hispanic boys increasingly take up the sport. In college, the proportion of White players is declining, and that of Black players rising, at faster rates than national demographic changes.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Colts Owner Jim Irsay Found Unresponsive By Police In December

It's fun to look at the dates in this article, including the Real Sports tweet, as well as when Irsay last came up in this thread.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”