Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Hey, I Learn Something New Everyday, Two

Post by mister d »

Ryan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:53 pm
Ryan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:33 pm
P.D.X. wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:02 pmDyson?
Dyson. So was our last one for the record, but every single thing I ended up hating about that one is now gone.
Hahaha used it once and it wouldnt charge and I just had the absolute worst customer service experience of my life
We got the Ryobi one because we're already committed to those batteries. It works well, even when your wife would rather keep using it with a full container rather than empty it herself!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The fourth all-time highest-grossing film actor is John Ratzenberger (Pixar riches.)
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Rush2112 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:37 pm The fourth all-time highest-grossing film actor is John Ratzenberger (Pixar riches.)
Ryan sadly marks a question off his swampcrash master.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The “minutes” of “meeting minutes” don’t refer to the minute measurement of time, but to the “minute” (my-newt) notes taken during meetings.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Jerloma wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:00 pm The “minutes” of “meeting minutes” don’t refer to the minute measurement of time, but to the “minute” (my-newt) notes taken during meetings.
Holy shit.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

CTRL-K inserts a hyperlink into a block of text.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Youngest is 9 today and if a (translated) fact she wrote down is correct, I learned that one time a Taylor Swift event was so loud it registered as seismic activity ("caused a erthcwake in a city").
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

mister d wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:47 am Youngest is 9 today and if a (translated) fact she wrote down is correct, I learned that one time a Taylor Swift event was so loud it registered as seismic activity ("caused a erthcwake in a city").
Yup.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

mister d wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:47 am Youngest is 9 today and if a (translated) fact she wrote down is correct, I learned that one time a Taylor Swift event was so loud it registered as seismic activity ("caused a erthcwake in a city").
My youngest is 10 today. He did nothing that cute.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Realized yesterday this is our last single digit birthday and that there’s strong odds the oldest has only five more at home.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

mister d wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:47 pm Realized yesterday this is our last single digit birthday and that there’s strong odds the oldest has only five more at home.
My oldest is flying the coop (sort of) in a few months. Shit goes fast, my friend.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:12 pm
mister d wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:47 pm Realized yesterday this is our last single digit birthday and that there’s strong odds the oldest has only five more at home.
My oldest is flying the coop (sort of) in a few months. Shit goes fast, my friend.
No shit. Everyone tells you it goes by fast, and you get annoyed at constantly hearing that when you are looking at an 18-year commitment. But I've had to stop myself from saying it to new parents a few times. I feel for my parents, I can't imagine the emotions of realizing your grandchildren are becoming adults.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Trying to get a week at a shore house scheduled before the oldest goes to college, or more specifically to cross country training camp, which means we have to book earlier in the season since we usually go the last two weeks before Labor Day, and I had to go back to the realtor and tell him we couldn't sign the lease he worked up because my youngest has something going on that week. Shouldn't have to check schedules with the kids, they're supposed to be little and do whatever we say.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:31 pm
Trying to get a week at a shore house scheduled before the oldest goes to college, or more specifically to cross country training camp, which means we have to book earlier in the season since we usually go the last two weeks before Labor Day, and I had to go back to the realtor and tell him we couldn't sign the lease he worked up because my youngest has something going on that week. Shouldn't have to check schedules with the kids, they're supposed to be little and do whatever we say.
A couple weeks ago my youngest started planning on who hosts which holidays after she and my son get married. She is trying to claim Thanksgiving, which was always our holiday to host. Apparently, her future husband and my son's future wife get no say in the matter, but she did factor in holidays for their sides of the family.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:37 pm
A couple weeks ago my youngest started planning on who hosts which holidays after she and my son get married. She is trying to claim Thanksgiving, which was always our holiday to host. Apparently, her future husband and my son's future wife get no say in the matter, but she did factor in holidays for their sides of the family.
I thought you lived in Jersey, not Alabama.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:51 pm
Godamnit, I need to start proof reading.
-Pruitt
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:03 pm
Giff wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:51 pm
Godamnit, I need to start proof reading.
Yeah me to
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

If you long press the space bar on your cell phone's texting keyboard you can move the cursor.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Maybe this is common knowledge, but apparently a 12-year-old Willem Dafoe attended the Ice Bowl in Lambeau.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

L-Jam3 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:10 am Maybe this is common knowledge, but apparently a 12-year-old Willem Dafoe attended the Ice Bowl in Lambeau.
He’s got me beat, but I bet I’m the only swamper who watched it live on tv.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:10 am Maybe this is common knowledge, but apparently a 12-year-old Willem Dafoe attended the Ice Bowl in Lambeau.
I'm sure most of us can name specific games actors attended as children.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:31 pm
I'm sure most of us can name specific games actors attended as children.
Yes it’s pretty insulting for ljam to assume otherwise. Write your own saampcrash questions.m, Philly boy.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Spike Lee was once at a Knicks game.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:10 pm Spike Lee was once at a Knicks game.
I watched that game!
-Pruitt
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

The second head coach in Oakland Raiders history was Marty Feldman
Canadian International
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I think the Steelers are still on their 2nd head coach.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Otis Redding was 26 when he died.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:09 pm Otis Redding was 26 when he died.
Huh, I always pictured him as an old man.
-Pruitt
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:28 pm
Same!

I recently asked my Alexa to play Otis Redding, and it plays some strange Japanese video game style music (Otatari?..old Atari? I don't know), She can tell me who Otis Redding is when I ask, but messes up the music every time.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Yeah, wow. Your average bay-dock-sitter has to be like 63.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

EdRomero wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:19 am
The Sybian wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:28 pm
Same!

I recently asked my Alexa to play Otis Redding, and it plays some strange Japanese video game style music (Otatari?..old Atari? I don't know), She can tell me who Otis Redding is when I ask, but messes up the music every time.
I think I have posted about this before. The dad of my best friend growing up played guitar in Otis Redding's road band. The Upsetters...based out of Baltimore. He never spoke about that. In fact growing up I never saw him touch a guitar or a guitar in his house. My mom once mentioned that for some reason he opted out of the tour/gig right before the plane crash. He is the guy on Otis' left.

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Wait 'til Otis sees us... HE LOVES US!!

I had no business seeing Animal House as young as I did... But it sure made quite an impression on me as a tween. (Must've been on HBO or something, because even growing up in a hippy-dippy household and town, I don't think they'd let an 8 year old into the theater for that movie.)

That album was on pretty constant repeat for many many months.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:53 am Wait 'til Otis sees us... HE LOVES US!!

I had no business seeing Animal House as young as I did... But it sure made quite an impression on me as a tween. (Must've been on HBO or something, because even growing up in a hippy-dippy household and town, I don't think they'd let an 8 year old into the theater for that movie.)

That album was on pretty constant repeat for many many months.
IMDB wrote:DeWayne Jessie's performance as "Otis Day" was so successful that he legally changed his name to Otis Day and subsequently toured and recorded with "Otis Day and the Knights.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

🎵 Floatin’ in that Wisconsin lake 🎵

I has no idea he died in a plane crash in Madison. So while I was all excited I was outside a bar mentioned in an Okkervil River song, I was like a quarter mile from the lake Redding crashed in.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

There's a fragment from his plane on the wall of the casino floor at the Las Vegas Hard Rock.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

this is some seriously cool "brushes with..." material
wlu_lax6 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:43 am
I think I have posted about this before. The dad of my best friend growing up played guitar in Otis Redding's road band. The Upsetters...based out of Baltimore. He never spoke about that. In fact growing up I never saw him touch a guitar or a guitar in his house. My mom once mentioned that for some reason he opted out of the tour/gig right before the plane crash. He is the guy on Otis' left.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Y'all know we're talking about two different Oti here, right?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:15 pm Y'all know we're talking about two different Oti here, right?
Yeah, I was gonna say, one was one of the greatest R&B singers ever, and one was a fictional character in a movie (with a different last name).
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I will not stand for this Otis Birdsong erasure.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

A little shout out to a great and unheralded soul singer...

Canadian International