2014 Fantasy Football Complains/Brags/Help Catchall

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Jerloma
The Dude

Re: 2014 Fantasy Football Complains/Brags/Help Catchall

Post by Jerloma »

What receiver on your current team would you accept in a direct trade for Maclin right now and consider it fairly equal value?

Same question for AJ?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

With Maclin on a bye, I am rolling the dice and starting Kelvin Benjamin over DeAndre Hopkins today. Understanding that Benjamin is one hit away from a month off...

My RBs are pretty strong - Bradshaw, Ellington, Morris and Fred Jackson. After seeing CJ Spiller's uselessness in person last week, I decided to slot on Jackson ahead of Bradshaw.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Went into last night's game down 42.5 points.

Can't tell you how much I love having Peyton on my team. A nice 45.5 point performance...
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:Went into last night's game down 42.5 points.

Can't tell you how much I love having Peyton on my team. A nice 45.5 point performance...
Demaryious gave me a chance to bail myself out. I was absolutely getting crushed, had D. Thomas and playing against J. Thomas. 29 point advantage. I need 27 from Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell in a half-point PPR league.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

After three straight weeks of my games going until the last minutes of the MNF tilt, I was up 10 after the early games with a RB, K and TE still to go while he only had his K. All in the late afternoon games. Made for a nice little Sunday night.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Who should I start:

Gio Bernard vs the #1 Run defense of the Ravens or Ahmad Bradshaw vs. Steelers. PPR league, but they get about the same receptions.

Matt Ryan vs #1 Lions pass D, or Tannehill v the Jags?

I cringe at starting Tannehill, but he started playing well, and Ryan is struggling. Plus the match up. Favoring Tannehill.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Bradshaw.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote:Who should I start:

Gio Bernard vs the #1 Run defense of the Ravens or Ahmad Bradshaw vs. Steelers. PPR league, but they get about the same receptions.

I cringe at starting Tannehill, but he started playing well, and Ryan is struggling. Plus the match up. Favoring Tannehill.
The playing-at-home Ryan is night-and-day superior to the playing-on-the-road Ryan. Just sayin'... (and, now I'm out of hyphens.)
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

The Sybian wrote:Matt Ryan vs #1 Lions pass D, or Tannehill v the Jags?

How is Miami's offensive line? The Jacksonville defensive front is pretty damn good, and they were a big factor in the Jags' take down of the Browns.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

tennbengal wrote:Bradshaw.
Agreed, he has been a very pleasant surprise for me. Also, Richardson sat out practice today with a hamstring injury that has been described as minor (he left Sunday's game when the Colts had it already in hand).

Tannehill looked great against the Bears even though he got sacked four times. He also had 48 rushing yards, including about 30 on one play. Jacksonville is also 30th against the pass.

Ryan is worlds better at home and at home this year (small sample size alert), he lit up NO (28th vs the pass) and TB (32nd) at home while having a poor game against CHI (19th).

Tannehill for me.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Didn't Jax lose two of their really good front 7 on defense in the the Cleveland game? Pozlusny and a DE I think ?
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

tennbengal wrote:Didn't Jax lose two of their really good front 7 on defense in the the Cleveland game? Pozlusny and a DE I think ?
Yes. Posluzny is out for the year, and Andre Branch will be out for six weeks or so.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I'm sure I'll jinx it by saying this "out loud" but I think the Lions D is for real. They struggled for a while against Brees but when it really mattered they made him look as bad as I've ever seen him play. Of course that means Ryan will probably go for 400 yards and 4 TDs now.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Bradshaw and Tannehill.

I just have a feeling that the Falcons are about to get destroyed.

Mike Smith to coach the raiders next year?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote:
The Sybian wrote:Who should I start:

The playing-at-home Ryan is night-and-day superior to the playing-on-the-road Ryan. Just sayin'... (and, now I'm out of hyphens.)
What about playing-in-London Ryan?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: The playing-at-home Ryan is night-and-day superior to the playing-on-the-road Ryan. Just sayin'... (and, now I'm out of hyphens.)
Thanks, y'all. I was 80% sure on Tannehill and Bradshaw, just hard for me to come to grips with playing Tannehill. Also hard to sit Bernard. Bradshaw has been a huge surprise, I just have a hard time considering him a top ten RB, yet he is #7 in my league.

As for the Ryan home vs. Away thing, I hear it constantly, yet it doesn't hold true in fantasy. He recently scored 21 on the road and 13 at home.
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

The Sybian wrote:
sancarlos wrote: The playing-at-home Ryan is night-and-day superior to the playing-on-the-road Ryan. Just sayin'... (and, now I'm out of hyphens.)
Thanks, y'all. I was 80% sure on Tannehill and Bradshaw, just hard for me to come to grips with playing Tannehill. Also hard to sit Bernard. Bradshaw has been a huge surprise, I just have a hard time considering him a top ten RB, yet he is #7 in my league.
Someone on Twitter wrote that if you remove the 89-yard run Bernard had against the Ravens, he's averaging less than 3.4 yards per carry. That might make it easier for you to bench him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sabo wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
Someone on Twitter wrote that if you remove the 89-yard run Bernard had against the Ravens, he's averaging less than 3.4 yards per carry. That might make it easier for you to bench him.
You could say the same about Barry Sanders' entire career. He gets his steady points through receptions, and is always a danger to break off a big one. I appreciate the stat, though.
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

You would have had to take like ten 80-yard runs from Barry Sanders to get his average to 3.4.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote:
sancarlos wrote:
As for the Ryan home vs. Away thing, I hear it constantly, yet it doesn't hold true in fantasy. He recently scored 21 on the road and 13 at home.
He's also not playing at home.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote:As for the Ryan home vs. Away thing, I hear it constantly, yet it doesn't hold true in fantasy. He recently scored 21 on the road and 13 at home.
This year, he's beaten up two lousy pass defenses and been mediocre or worse against everyone else. Fair?

(And that 21 is propped up by three TDs against MIN, yeah? He still threw a couple picks in that game.)
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote:
The Sybian wrote:As for the Ryan home vs. Away thing, I hear it constantly, yet it doesn't hold true in fantasy. He recently scored 21 on the road and 13 at home.
This year, he's beaten up two lousy pass defenses and been mediocre or worse against everyone else. Fair?

(And that 21 is propped up by three TDs against MIN, yeah? He still threw a couple picks in that game.)
He has certainly been mediocre after a great start.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The greater point here is that there's enough football in the rear view mirror that you can feel reasonable about using what's happened this year to veer from preseason opinions about players.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote:The greater point here is that there's enough football in the rear view mirror that you can feel reasonable about using what's happened this year to veer from preseason opinions about players.
My opinion is tainted by a side bet. My buddy drafted Russell Wilson very early, and I made fun of him for taking the Wilson as the 5th QB in a draft where I felt there were about 8 QBs remaining who were about equal. I told him I could wait 5 rounds and get a better QB. Looked good the first couple of weeks. We get a small amount of money for having the highest score in one at every position. Ryan's Week 1 led the board for a few weeks, and it went to my head more than it should have. Wilson took the lead two weeks ago, and raised the bar higher this past week.

Part of my aversion to Tannehill is my Jets fandom. Because of Marino, I've always had a disproportionate hatred of Dolphin QBs, except for Jay Fiedler. Gotta support the Tribe.
-Pruitt
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Brady having a good game for me...as I play against Gronk.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Since I already have Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell, I passed on picking up Roethlisberger this week and got Tannehill instead. I can't imagine tripling down on a team, unless it was the Colts in Edge's prime or similar setup. Fuck, that would have been nice, but unnecessary since I still put up what will be the highest score of the week (non-humble brag). I should have realized when the perennial dispshit of the league dropped Big Ben 2 weeks after getting him as part of a six player trade Ben would blow up. This guy will now blow all of his FA auction budget to get Ben, then Ben will suck the rest of the year.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

7-1 after Jeremy Maclin's 53 points.

Peyton had a typical game, and I am up by 31 with Alfred Morris going tonight for my side and my opponent is done. Now, he started Luck who slightly outscored Peyton... but my opponent will always remember yesterday as the day he left Roethlisberger on the bench.

79.5 points!

The Fantasy Football Gods are smiling on me for sure.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Should I continue with Tannehill against SD as a bye week starter, or should I dump him for Hoyer v. TB?
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I don't know Syb.

How about this one?
San Francisco defense vs. St. Louis, or Kansas City defense vs. NY Jets? Leaning toward KC.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote:I don't know Syb.

How about this one?
San Francisco defense vs. St. Louis, or Kansas City defense vs. NY Jets? Leaning toward KC.
Absolutely go KC. The Jets are a turnover machine, regardless of which QB they start. The Jets are a complete mess right now.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I have little or no respect for professional "Fantasy Football Experts" - easiest job in the world, toss out the names of four QBs who are worth starting and ramble on about stats. Sometimes I'll read Matthew Berry at ESPN - occasional wit makes for three or four decent minutes each week.

But this week he spends a lot of time defending himself as he had put Ben Roethlisberger on the "Hate" side of his "love/Hate" list.

And man, is he whiny.

But at least some people respect him -
I see one former player I haven't met yet and as we shake hands, I tell him I'm the fantasy football guy. He says "Oh," but his expression is clearly dismissive. Ditka sees this and pipes up, speaking to me but loud enough for everyone to hear: "You know, I don't play but all my kids do. I gotta tell you, they love it. Everywhere I go I get asked about it. What you're doing is really important."

Then, to the former player, he says: "Kid knows what he's talking about."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:I have little or no respect for professional "Fantasy Football Experts" - easiest job in the world, toss out the names of four QBs who are worth starting and ramble on about stats. Sometimes I'll read Matthew Berry at ESPN - occasional wit makes for three or four decent minutes each week.

But this week he spends a lot of time defending himself as he had put Ben Roethlisberger on the "Hate" side of his "love/Hate" list.

And man, is he whiny.

But at least some people respect him -
I see one former player I haven't met yet and as we shake hands, I tell him I'm the fantasy football guy. He says "Oh," but his expression is clearly dismissive. Ditka sees this and pipes up, speaking to me but loud enough for everyone to hear: "You know, I don't play but all my kids do. I gotta tell you, they love it. Everywhere I go I get asked about it. What you're doing is really important."

Then, to the former player, he says: "Kid knows what he's talking about."

Fuck I hate Matthew Berry. I used to read his column because I hate myself and feel I need to suffer. Such an arrogant prick, constantly bragging about writing the script for Crocodile Dundee 3 and having a hot wife. Maybe it is an observational bias, but when I did read his predictions, he seems like he is wrong more often than anyone else. I used to make decisions by going against his advice. I hate that he is making a career out of being a shitty writer and a shitty prognosticator.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A hundred point win yesterday and I left DeAndre Hopkins on the bench for Kelvin Benjamin.

I have never been close to having a team this good, and while bragging about a Fantasy Team is bad form - and possibly bad luck - I simply cannot help myself.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:A hundred point win yesterday and I left DeAndre Hopkins on the bench for Kelvin Benjamin.

I have never been close to having a team this good, and while bragging about a Fantasy Team is bad form - and possibly bad luck - I simply cannot help myself.
I'll join you in bragging to make you feel better. I am dominating my law school league. We have continually kept it going since 1999, when I drafted Vinny Testaverde in the second round. He was primed for a great year after blowing up in 1998. I have the most dominant team in the history of the league. Hopefully I don't collapse in the playoffs. I was 13-1 last year in my big(ger) money league, then lost in the first round and consolation match for money.

Anywho, it's a keeper, max of 4 kept, players kept in progressively lower rounds based on where they were drafted. I got to keep Le'Veon Bell in the 10th, Gio Bernard in the 6th, Josh Gordon in the 8th (decided to keep him, prior reduced suspension, to draft in the 6th next year and Demaryious Thomas in the first. This tends to be a WR weighted league, and I have a WR corp of D. Thomas, Antonio Brown, Golden Tate, Crabtree, Mike Evans and Gordon coming back. I picked up Bradshaw as a FA.

Started Evans for the first time all year, and he blew up for 27.5, and Tannehill filling in with 29. Regular season is coming up Sybian!
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

All right you lovely bitches and Hos...I had been stashing Nick Foles on my bench to cover for Andrew Luck's bye week...which happens to be this week...so now I need a QB

Here's the free agent list:

Flacco
McCown
Hoyer
Orton
Carr
Vick
Smith
Davis
Bortles

It's strictly a one week proposition. THis dude will be dropped next week and I will ride the Luck train til the rails fall off.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I'd start Sanchez over a lot of those guys. On that list I'd probably go with Flacco.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Gunpowder wrote:I'd start Sanchez over a lot of those guys. On that list I'd probably go with Flacco.
Oh! I meant to say I have Sanchez whom I snagged immediately when Foles went down.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

That's a tough call. I'd probably start Flacco but Sanchez shouldn't be a bad option. Titans are bad and Flacco should probably at least put up 15.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I think everybody paying attention tried to pick up Adrian Peterson this week. I thought I had a shot at getting him in the Swamp league, given my waiver position, but, no...
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Flacco no question.
2nd choice - probably Orton.

How dare you make us think about McCown for even a moment.