Post by Ryan »

Rams
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Re: 2014 Fantasy Football Complains/Brags/Help Catchall

Post by Pruitt »

The Rams are the only reason I won the last two weeks. Just pounding crappy offences - which the Cardinals, now without their top RB, certainly are.

However, the Cardinals are also playing a crappy offence. Can't go wrong with either.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Green Bay's defense is viable, also. Cannot see Orton escaping that game with under two picks, one likely to be housed.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Cardinals at Rams is a great play.

I'd have to go Browns here.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I actually went rams. Got me 9 points. Middle of the road, didn't screw up too badly so it's cool.

I have to start three (using one of my flexes as well because my RBs are only decent) of Calvin johnson, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham and TY Hilton. Who's the odd man out?

I'm leaning towards leaving Beckham out but I could be convinced of any of the except AB, because the steelers are playing for their lives. Probably CJ is a lock, too. So basically BEckham or Hilton.

I have had this problem for about 7 weeks now, and have only once picked the wrong guy to start. It was Thanksgiving day and I left CJ on bench because he had been hampered. He scored 36 that day I think. Last week beckham was looking like he would outscore hilton, who i started, but the late TD put Hilton ahead by a point.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

One the one hand, the Giants are playing the Redskins, and after seeing the Browns hammer Luck last week, I worry about his protection.

On the other hand, Hilton owned the Browns in that game. Go with Hilton...

I have two dilemmas.

RB: Fred Jackson or Latavius Murray. Alfred Morris is the other starter in what was once a stellar backfield (Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Ellington are long gone).

WR: Need three from Maclin, Benjamin, Hopkins and Stills. Or, I could start the three Running Backs and go with two here.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:One the one hand, the Giants are playing the Redskins, and after seeing the Browns hammer Luck last week, I worry about his protection.

On the other hand, Hilton owned the Browns in that game. Go with Hilton...

I have two dilemmas.

RB: Fred Jackson or Latavius Murray. Alfred Morris is the other starter in what was once a stellar backfield (Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Ellington are long gone).

WR: Need three from Maclin, Benjamin, Hopkins and Stills. Or, I could start the three Running Backs and go with two here.
I'd go Jackson, Murray, Maclin, Hopkins. Cam being out scares me off of Benjamin.

I have a similar situation in my backfield. I lost Bradshaw, and have the Gio Bernard/Jeremy Hill tandem and recently picked up Fred Jackson.

So, who should I go with for RB2: Jackson, Bernard or Hill? My head is saying Jackson, my heart is saying Hill and my cock is saying Bernard, as he is the sexiest pick.

Other question at WR3: Gordon or Evans? Head says Evans, but I held Gordon as a keeper all year and would love to see him blowup in the playoffs against the commish who named Gordon the worst keeper decision of the draft. I get to keep him next year as an 8th round pick, so I had to keep him! His suspension decision (original full year suspension) came down the day after the draft.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

ON one hand, Gordon will probably be Manziel's first read every time. On the other, the bengal's defense knows that. On my third hand, Gordon's good enough that it may not matter. He was visible frustrated with Hoyer, so I can see him going all out with a new QB.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Know what's awesome? When this happens the week before your semifinal playoff game...

Imagephoto by Kyle2007, on Flickr
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Re: Hill vs. Bernard - the bengals this week have said they are (finally) seeing the light and going to Hill as the primary back with Bernard as change of pace. Should result in more carries for Hill if they are serious about that.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote:Re: Hill vs. Bernard - the bengals this week have said they are (finally) seeing the light and going to Hill as the primary back with Bernard as change of pace. Should result in more carries for Hill if they are serious about that.
Fuck, I wish I saw this. No idea how I missed this. early second quarter, Hill 21, Jackson .5. Fuck.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Up by 5.5 points with all my players done. My opponent has Martellus Bennett going tonight, and he's only scored less than 5.5 points once all year.

Doesn't look good.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Up 10 points with my Ingram-Stills against my buddy's Brees-Colston. RUN THE FOOTBAW!

This is a 2-QB league. He has Brees and Stafford and I have Rodgers and Rivers. Fantasy football fucking sucks.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

So I shoulda went with Beckham, but it isn't going to matter. I've gonna get beat by more than the difference between him and Hilton.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Need to mention that I won again in my survivor pool (yah Chiefs!). 8 guys undefeated out of 620. ($100 entry)

It's a three strikes you're out pool that normally goes until the Super Bowl and is typically shared by 3-8 guys at the end.

I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned that I was out in three weeks last year, and have never done better than entering the playoffs with two strikes.

But I'm picking Green Bay this weekend in Tampa and the other seven guys without a loss have already taken the Packers. They've all also taken the Eagles, so the big picks will probably be Miami at home against the Vikings and the Rams hosting the Giants. One guy can - and most likely will - take the Patriots against the Jets.

Oh Lord! This is exciting.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I traded Beckham for Alfred Morris straight up about 4 weeks ago. This weekend I was rolled by the team I traded Beckham to.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Gunpowder wrote:I traded Beckham for Alfred Morris straight up about 4 weeks ago. This weekend I was rolled by the team I traded Beckham to.
I started Morris again this week and could have, should have, plugged in Kelvin Benjamin who has been crazy reliable this season.

I'll be saying "wait til next year" by the end of the first quarter tonight.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

The Sybian wrote:
tennbengal wrote:Re: Hill vs. Bernard - the bengals this week have said they are (finally) seeing the light and going to Hill as the primary back with Bernard as change of pace. Should result in more carries for Hill if they are serious about that.
Fuck, I wish I saw this. No idea how I missed this. early second quarter, Hill 21, Jackson .5. Fuck.

Fortunately this won't matter. My opponent had Wilson, Lynch (via trade), and Hauschka. I always hate having players on the same team for exactly that reason; if the team has a bad game offensively and you are fucked, so I try to diversify my portfolio. I broke that rule with Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown, but that panned out nicely. I did pass on picking up Roethlisberger the week he blew up because I didn't want 3 key positions on one team. I have Martellus Bennet and 34 points against Forte, so it is possible, but highly unlikely I don't win this one. In the other Semifinal, it is looking like a major upset in the works, which theoretically gives makes me a huge favorite in the Championship game. We've had this league since 1999, and I am not sure if I have ever won it. I know I haven't since 2003 or so, when we moved to a site that kept history. Every year at the end of the draft I am positive I have the best team, then I always get crushed by injuries or majorly disappointing seasons from top picks.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

In my PPR money league, I am down by 3 points, but have Kenny Stills tonight. So, I need one 20-yard catch.

I thought I was doomed when Julio Jones couldn't go for me, but my opponent got next to nothing from Aaron Rodgers which saved my ass.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Calvin Johnson all took a turn murdering my playoff game yesterday. Unless a certified fantasy football miracle happens (Down 62 with Stills, Ingram and M Bennett going tonight), I wish a hearty eff you to the aforementioned three for taking a fantasy weekend off.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

The Brady/Edelman combo has thrusted me into the semis, but I don't think Edelman will be playing tomorrow. I picked up Amendola thinking he could play the Edelman roll against the Jets. My other choices are John Brown with a shitty QB or Torrey Smith, who's incredibly inconsistent and only gets a lot of points when I don't start him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jets DBS are really horrible, but Smith is much better.

Fred Jackson Jeremy Hill dilemma again. Oakland is awful against the run, especially backs who can catch. Hill is against Denver.

And how bad is Clausen going to hurt Bennett? Option is Fleener with Dwayne Allen back.
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I hate fantasy Torrie Smith.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

FFFFUUUUUUUCCCKKKK I hate fantasy. Completely dominate all year. Highest score in most weeks, and completely shitting the bed. Even worse, getting beaten because of Matt Fucking Asiata after his first half TD, he did absolutely nothing until a 2 pt conversion, then the fucking 'Phins fumble the kickoff and give Asiat a TD on the next play. My opponent picked up Asiata yesterday, as he was starting Ivory. And Mike Fucking Wallace with 2 short TDs. Since when does he get short TDs? And on 3rd downs when I have the 'Phins kicker. I need a huge game from both Demaryious and Jeremy Hill to get to my seasdon low score. Fucking half a point from Bennett, 4 points from a kicker. Mike Evans sucking, Bell with his lowest score in weeks...
-Pruitt
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Gunpowder wrote:I hate fantasy Torrie Smith.
I like him today. As for Frank Gore sitting on my bench, fuck him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Guh, and now Tannehill is up to 32 points on my bench.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I won some 18-team league.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote:I won some 18-team league.
The one where half the league didn't show up to the draft? Congrats.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote:
I'll take what I can get.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
I'll take what I can get.
I'm just bitter and angry. After completely dominating my league all season, highest score most weeks, my entire team shit the bed. Crushed by a late pickup of Matt Fucking Asiata. I watched on Red Zone as my team caught up, down by 4 with much more talent in the later games. Then come the third quarter of the 1:00 games, and my opponent pulls away by 40. It was funny trying to explain to my 5 yo daughter what we were rooting for, especially as RZ continually jumped games. The best question was, "how can you say you are playing if you aren't doing anything?" I was able to get my son to understand the concept a couple weeks ago while he watched with me. He gave me a funny look and said, "why would you want to do this?" and walked out.

Anywho, I am down 49.5 with Demaryious Thomas and Jeremy Hill. PPR league, no bonuses. It is possible, but that is a tall order. Thomas had 3 or 4 30 point games this year, so I hope Peyton comes out throwing this week, enough of the CJ Anderson bullshit. Hill put up 27 last week, so I hold out a slight bit of hope.
-Pruitt
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

DT going off would help me I'm up 15, but he has Saunders going tonight.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

I am down by 60.5 in my high stakes dynasty league, but I have some heavy hitters remaining - AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas and CJ Anderson. I've spent a ton of time on trades to build a strong team (I have acquired Dez, AJG, D Thomas, Gronk, Jimmy Graham via trade), it would be great to see the moves payoff.
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I'm in the finals. Next week. Yes I'm in one of those leagues.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I am now one of 6 guys with no strikes in my survivor pool (a three strikes your out deal that lasts until the superbowl. So while victory isn't imminent. it's great to be one of the leaders...)

I had everything planned out and was going to take the Cowboys in Washington this week, figuring it'd be a must win. But Dallas is locked in the third seed, and both Romo and Murray need rest...

I have taken all of the other contenders other than Falcons and Panthers and would like to avoid that one. Can't take the Saints (vs. Tampa).

So, advice will be appreciated. I can take Miami (hosting the jets), Minnesota (hosting Clausen and the Bears). So frazzled, I am even considering the 49ers against whoever that is under centre for the Cardinals.

I blame Sanchez for this.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'd probably check into that Bears QB situation before making any decisions.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Pruitt wrote:I am now one of 6 guys with no strikes in my survivor pool (a three strikes your out deal that lasts until the superbowl. So while victory isn't imminent. it's great to be one of the leaders...)

I had everything planned out and was going to take the Cowboys in Washington this week, figuring it'd be a must win. But Dallas is locked in the third seed, and both Romo and Murray need rest...

I have taken all of the other contenders other than Falcons and Panthers and would like to avoid that one. Can't take the Saints (vs. Tampa).

So, advice will be appreciated. I can take Miami (hosting the jets), Minnesota (hosting Clausen and the Bears). So frazzled, I am even considering the 49ers against whoever that is under centre for the Cardinals.

Philbin/Miami are playing for the win to "build for next year" and shit. I'd take them.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote:
Pruitt wrote:I am now one of 6 guys with no strikes in my survivor pool (a three strikes your out deal that lasts until the superbowl. So while victory isn't imminent. it's great to be one of the leaders...)

Philbin/Miami are playing for the win to "build for next year" and shit. I'd take them.
The Jets really suck, so I would pick Miami.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Think I will take the Dolphins - but not happily.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'd pick the Carolina @ Atlanta game to avoid trying to decide which dead team would not try a little bit less.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

mister d wrote:I'd pick the Carolina @ Atlanta game to avoid trying to decide which dead team would not try a little bit less.

You may as well let a quarter pick that game for you.